Page 75 of 108 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1618

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there's a solid chance Babs will be prominent in Batgirls without having a need to be Batgirl. I don't know if she'll have a story arc or character development but I think there's a chance she'll be depicted as Oracle on par with BoP.
    Its by default still a Batgirl comic, so she can’t be depicted on par with BoP for that reason alone. A Batgirl book can never be what BoP was for Oracle, the same way a Robin book couldn’t be the same as a Nightwing book for Nightwing. The title itself contradicts it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Wow.
    While I am not that thrilled with how much they changed her base character, I do love the actress as Barbara. The entire show is like a sideways Elseworld version of the Titans, so I guess their definition of Babs works. The actress though is awesome.
    I agree. I actually feel this way about a number of the cast members on Titans who are, quite frankly, too good to be on a show that bad. But this is my first exposure to Savannah Welch and I think I'm in love. Her Barbara is fantastic. The writing is garbage, but the performance carries so much of the load. I really hope to see more from the actress in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its by default still a Batgirl comic, so she can’t be depicted on par with BoP for that reason alone. A Batgirl book can never be what BoP was for Oracle, the same way a Robin book couldn’t be the same as a Nightwing book for Nightwing. The title itself contradicts it.
    I know you're not the biggest fan of how Barbara is used in the other Batgirls' book but I think it all comes down to writing and how they want to use her...or what the team dynamic is.

I know you're not the biggest fan of how Barbara is used in the other Batgirls' book but I think it all comes down to writing and how they want to use her...or what the team dynamic is.
    I'm hoping Barbara's role in Batgirls may be closer to what Barbara's role in Cass' Batgirl title was with the exception that now that Barbara is not disabled maybe she can take a more active role in things from time to time.
    But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It’s still a Batgirl book regardless. In a book titled Batgirl Oracle by default becomes an extension of Batgirl because of the title and where she is being sold. Regardless of the writing. Presentation is important, and can speak just as loudly as the actual writing. If not more. Even if it’s as a member of team Batgirl, or leader of team Batgirls, or mentor of Batgirls. They are now presenting Oracle as a piece of Batgirl. It’s the same problem with selling Nightwing as Robin. Even if it wasn’t blatantly clear what the dynamic is going to be in the upcoming Batgirl book. Where BoP can be Oracle’s, something called Batgirl can never be Oracle’s.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-16-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Titans is about to make Barbra the villain

Speaking of Titans, does Barbara have a middle name in the comics? Because in the show, it's Gail, in honour of Gail Simone.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/gail...bo-max-titans/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of Titans, does Barbara have a middle name in the comics? Because in the show, it's Gail, in honour of Gail Simone.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/gail...bo-max-titans/
    Well it’s Gail now

Extraordinary Member

Teen titans go needs to chill lol
    AFFE080A-6DBE-4A8A-81D1-7621A870AAC6.jpg

from Secret Origins #20 (November 1987)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Barbara is a High School student in Superhero Girls. It's easier they could use Barbara as Batgirl to attract younger audience in another media, because they could make her younger.

In fact, DC tried to attract younger audience with Burnside Batgirl in comics, but many Barbara fans complained about Barbara being younger and hipster.
    Good point.

Comics desperately needs to appeal to younger audiences given the state of the market.

Editorial tried to pivot Batgirl to cater to that market. There was some contention about it.

The version of batgirl in the Harley Quinn cartoon caters to that market, too come to think of it.

Now DC is trying it with the other Batgirls who are even more able to cater to that market (they are both younger than canon Babs is and are buddies on top of it).

Asking for 20-something Babs back was a mistake. It basically means she either is a member of Nightwing's supporting cast or she's Oracle in the mainline Batbooks again or both.

It’s still a Batgirl book regardless. In a book titled Batgirl Oracle by default becomes an extension of Batgirl because of the title and where she is being sold. Regardless of the writing. Presentation is important, and can speak just as loudly as the actual writing. If not more. Even if it’s as a member of team Batgirl, or leader of team Batgirls, or mentor of Batgirls. They are now presenting Oracle as a piece of Batgirl. It’s the same problem with selling Nightwing as Robin. Even if it wasn’t blatantly clear what the dynamic is going to be in the upcoming Batgirl book. Where BoP can be Oracle’s, something called Batgirl can never be Oracle’s.
    Well, even as Oracle, you can't really divorce Barbara Gordon from the Batgirl title.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Brianne Drouhard.

BGBrianneDrouhard.jpg

Well, even as Oracle, you can't really divorce Barbara Gordon from the Batgirl title.
    Yes, but part of the point of her being Oracle is that she’s not Batgirl any more. If they are just going to sell Oracle in Batgirl, and present Oracle as a Batgirl with a different name (or even less then as Batgirl support), there is really no point to her being Oracle then. Beside getting her out the way.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-17-2021 at 02:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, but part of the point of her being Oracle is that she’s not Batgirl any more. If they are just going to sell Oracle in Batgirl, and present Oracle as a Batgirl with a different name (or even less then as Batgirl support), there is really no point to her being Oracle then. Beside getting her out the way.
    So you don’t think Oracle has a purpose ?