Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1618

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Is Babs and Dinah a real ship?
    Nah although it is a good one as far as fanon pairings go

Pre Nu 52, the only thing missing was for either of them to declare their love for one another:

Whats funnier is that Dixon is a homophobe and he practically started this ship in his BOP run. Even Gail Simone was just building on what Dixon established in his prior run.

Simone was actually going to throw in a line about how Dinah wasn't 100% straight but it got misprinted .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Pre Nu 52, the only thing missing was for either of them to declare their love for one another:

Whats funnier is that Dixon is a homophobe and he practically started this ship in his BOP run. Even Gail Simone was just building on what Dixon established in his prior run.
    Wonder how that got past the censors.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Male homophobes often don't have any problems with hot girls making out. As long as they don't want to marry each other and/or adopt children.

Yeah, but in Dixon's case he actually gave them some depth and meaning. In his case, he may have very well intended it to be a deep friendship but didn't expect people to read it as lesbian subtext.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, but in Dixon's case he actually gave them some depth and meaning. In his case, he may have very well intended it to be a deep friendship but didn't expect people to read it as lesbian subtext.
    meh people get subtext from the slightest kindness from another character. Him writing their deep friendship is probably what is helping Black canary to now be included in the upcoming batgirl movie

https://twitter.com/DCEU_Updates/sta...303432710?s=20

I mean, I think Dinah and Babs have a deep love for each other but I never saw it romantically. Unless you think that was part of the reason Babs objected to Dinah marrying Ollie.
    This would've been awesome...

That is possible as well. It does feel sometimes that deep friendship between characters is often getting replaced by sexual attraction.

I think it's definitely a problem when people don't view friendship as a spectrum and every deep friendship has to somehow be romantic or sexual in nature.

Though I think some relationships are set up in a way that it can easily veer into the direction of a full blown romantic relationship.

Also...shippers gonna ship .

Extraordinary Member

true dat sir

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Male homophobes often don't have any problems with hot girls making out. As long as they don't want to marry each other and/or adopt children.
    I've understood Dixon don't want to imply anything romantic between Barbara and Dinah.

For example: Dixon doesn't want that scene between Barbara and Dinah to be suggestive. That image being so suggestive is due the artist.

I definitely think Greg Land being on art made any potential subtext become a life of its own