Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1618
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Anyway, to me only the comics canon to the DCAU are the tie in comics that came out around the same time as the show plus Gotham Adventures. All the Batman Beyond extended comics are just variant timelines. The whole mess with Bruce impregnating Barbara and having a miscarriage never happened in the main DCAU as far as I'm concerned. Bruce and Barbara had a one night stand that one time, they both regretted it and then moved on. Bruce went on to date Kathy Duquesne like he did in the Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We already have multiple contradictory timelines for Batman Beyond. DC doesn't have to dictate it for audiences to disregard the parts they don't like.
    However, in Batman Beyond (the animation), it is implied that the relationship between Bruce and Barbara was more than a one night stand.

I hate it, since I totally dislike that romantic relationship, but it's implied there were romantic feelings
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-04-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Yea Babs called it puppy love with Dick and real love with Bruce. Also Bruce has a file of all his love interest and Babs was on that. None of his flings.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea Babs called it puppy love with Dick and real love with Bruce. Also Bruce has a file of all his love interest and Babs was on that. None of his flings.
    I don't think it was just a puppy love since we saw Barbara was ready to marry Dick before the whole pregnancy thing happened
    Also I don't really recall Barbara calling it true love with Bruce but yeah both the comics and the show makes it looks like it wasn't just an one night stand
    Plus in batman adventures continues it shows Barbara and Dick got back together after the miscarriage happened which is why I believe there's a chance DC may actually want to fix things in this universe (and I don't mean only dick x barbara and bruce x barbara theres so much more wrong things there)
    Last edited by Spideyvinnegar; 12-04-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    I don't think it was just a puppy love since we saw Barbara was ready to marry Dick before the whole pregnancy thing happened
    Also I don't really recall Barbara calling it true love with Bruce but yeah both the comics and the show makes it looks like it wasn't just an one night stand
    Plus in batman adventures continues it shows Barbara and Dick got back together after the miscarriage happened which is why I believe there's a chance DC may actually want to fix things in this universe (and I don't mean only dick x barbara and bruce x barbara theres so much more wrong things there)
    That's what she said in the Batman Beyond. So you know. I mean once again not everyone read the comics and so people are looking to the show no the comics for those who don't read. Yea she doesn't call it true love but she does call it a ballet. Dick was angry when Babs choice to stay behind with Bruce. So he did give her a choice. Dick never looked back according to what she said here. So she ruined their relationship because she can't accept leaving Bruce behind. They could have ended up together but she made a choice.

We have to take what happened and accepted it. Many might not like it. It makes sense. Because Dick does get sick and tired of being in Bruce's shadow that's all the reason why he became Nightwing. Overall multiple times Bruce should have been left alone
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-04-2021 at 05:23 PM.

We might have what Firefly looks like

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...fly/ar-AARm3TN

That's what she said in the Batman Beyond. So you know. I mean once again not everyone read the comics and so people are looking to the show no the comics for those who don't read. Yea she doesn't call it true love but she does call it a ballet. Dick was angry when Babs choice to stay behind with Bruce. So he did give her a choice. Dick never looked back according to what she said here. So she ruined their relationship because she can't accept leaving Bruce behind. They could have ended up together but she made a choice.

We have to take what happened and accepted it. Many might not like it. It makes sense. Because Dick does get sick and tired of being in Bruce's shadow that's all the reason why he became Nightwing. Overall multiple times Bruce should have been left alone
    The comics are still canon to the show whatever people read it or no
    The whole Bruce x Barbara thing in the comics is pretty much known around non-comics books readers
    In fact we don't even know how their relationship ended since in the latest comic they are still together after the miscarriage
    And no we dont have to just "accept it" and move on, fans have every right on voicing their disappointment over their favorite characters getting such a bad treatment

So the issue isn't for you they didn't end up together but they didn't get closure for their relationship.

With the movie coming up. Do you guys want Jim to figure out that Babs is Batgirl?

So the issue isn't for you they didn't end up together but they didn't get closure for their relationship.
    Yeah that was my whole point, I wouldn't mind their relationship ending that much if we actually got a proper closure instead of just saying it was a "puppy love" when it cleary wasn't

With the movie coming up. Do you guys want Jim to figure out that Babs is Batgirl?
    No I prefer when Jim doesn't know Babs is Batgirl. I like it when he makes it clear if he wanted to know he could find out but he doesn't want to know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    Yeah that was my whole point, I wouldn't mind their relationship ending that much if we actually got a proper closure instead of just saying it was a "puppy love" when it cleary wasn't
    To be fair, the relationship between Barbara and Dick could be considered puppy love in the animation, since they were young at that time.

I know you consider the comics as canon, but these stories were written by people who wasn't involved in the animation and many years after this ended.

Not to mention that animation often ignore comics. So, even the Crisis on nfinite Earths movies mention Batman Beyond, it's extremely unlikely these animated movies are going to take into account what happened in Batman Beyond comics.
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-05-2021 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be fair, the relationship between Barbara and Dick could be considered puppy love in the animation, since they were young at that time.

I know you consider the comics as canon, but these stories were written by people who wasn't involved in the animation and many years after this ended.

Not to mention that animation often ignore comics. So, even the Crisis on nfinite Earths movies mention Batman Beyond, it's extremely unlikely these animated movies are going to take into account what happened in Batman Beyond comics.
    Again it's not that I consider them canon but they ARE canon to the show's main continuity
    And there we see it was more than only a puppy love and they came to fall in love for real at some moment after Dick came back
    Yes they could just ignore it but again the Bruce x Barbara thing is very well known among people who never even read those comics, theres a lot of yt videos and articles about it and it's widely criticized so what I'm saying is they might want to apologize to fans by showing a rebooted beyond universe where the batfamily are on good terms and Barbara and Dick are together implying the Bruce x Barbara thing never happened there

If Beyond came back they probably would pretend the Bruce x Barbara thing never happened. It just doesn’t look the same in todays culture climate.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If Beyond came back they probably would pretend the Bruce x Barbara thing never happened. It just doesn’t look the same in todays culture climate.
    Exactly can’t erase it
    But I think the feedback from killing joke was clear

In batman the adventures continues season 2, the sequel comic being currently released they are all on good terms and Dick and Barbara are still together as a couple (and it does seems more than just a puppy love) and Barbara and Bruce have a good apprentice/mentor relationship
    So yes I don't think it's that impossible to they retcon the beyond cartoon in the future

I just hope they don't make Batgirl in a movie a teenager. Let her be a grown woman who took the decision to fight crime.