Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1207
  1. #16
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The Powerpuff Batgirls (@leendraws)

    A potentially terrific trio .

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,172

    Default

    I wonder. Would it be at all interesting if they ever had Babs be Rep again? And she is still Oracle?

  3. #18
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder. Would it be at all interesting if they ever had Babs be Rep again? And she is still Oracle?
    She's Oracle right now. What do you mean by "rep?"

  4. #19
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's Oracle right now. What do you mean by "rep?"
    House of Representatives

    https://www.cbr.com/dceu-batgirl-fil...birds-of-prey/

    I rather not. They messed up the BoP. They need to really figure out what they want to do.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-11-2021 at 09:53 AM.

  5. #20
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    House of Representatives

    https://www.cbr.com/dceu-batgirl-fil...birds-of-prey/

    I rather not. They messed up the BoP. They need to really figure out what they want to do.
    When you say "They messed up the BoP", are you specifically meaning the movie version, or are you also including comic book version(s)?

    And going back to the beginning for Babara,



    from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. II (April 1985)

  6. #21
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,172

    Default

    The movie version. They should have just had Batgirl be her own universe

  7. #22
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    House of Representatives

    https://www.cbr.com/dceu-batgirl-fil...birds-of-prey/

    I rather not. They messed up the BoP. They need to really figure out what they want to do.
    She seems more involved with civic politics at the moment.

  8. #23
    Fantastic Member sorboares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    303

    Default

    I miss having no new Babs as Batgirl appearances or her own book.

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,172

    Default

    Hey I been wondering. In Batman the animated series Supergirl and Batgirl became close friend. Do you think they should have added that in the comics and not deage supergirl ?

  10. #25
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Hey I been wondering. In Batman the animated series Supergirl and Batgirl became close friend. Do you think they should have added that in the comics and not deage supergirl ?
    Well, they were friends in the comic books back before Crisis on Infinite Earths.

  11. #26
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I miss having no new Babs as Batgirl appearances or her own book.
    We'll be getting Nightwing in March at least.

  12. #27
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, they were friends in the comic books back before Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Yeah, that is actually from the comics. Supergirl definitely needs to be aged up, considering that everyone remembers everything now, she shouldn't still be a teenager when she was originally the same generation as the original Teen Titans. Age her up to mid 20s (which happens to be how old she started out as on TV), which would match Barbara's age and that of Nightwing's Titans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  13. #28
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that is actually from the comics. Supergirl definitely needs to be aged up, considering that everyone remembers everything now, she shouldn't still be a teenager when she was originally the same generation as the original Teen Titans. Age her up to mid 20s (which happens to be how old she started out as on TV), which would match Barbara's age and that of Nightwing's Titans.
    But, Barbara would also have to be aged up since she was already a working full-time librarian (which typically involves a Masters degree from college) while Dick was still a "Boy" Wonder (not yet graduated from high school) when Babs-as-Batgirl was first introduced.

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, Barbara would also have to be aged up since she was already a working full-time librarian (which typically involves a Masters degree from college) while Dick was still a "Boy" Wonder (not yet graduated from high school) when Babs-as-Batgirl was first introduced.
    To be fair, even at that time, Dick and Kara were allowed to grow, but Barbara seems to be mantained at the same age. That's why Barbara and Kara have similar age when they made a team up.

    They won't make Barbara to become older, because DC really like the concept that Dick and Barbara have similar age (and the concept that Barbara was Batgirl as a teen).
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-13-2021 at 07:28 PM.

  15. #30
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be fair, even at that time, Dick and Kara were allowed to grow, but Barbara seems to be maintained at the same age....
    But at that point in time, Barbara was already an adult. There wasn't too much getting older allowed for her without a similar aging of Bruce/Batman, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •