Page 21 of 108 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Be Batman's underling and Joker's iconic victim.
    She is much more than that.
    How is it a problem? Barbara is the problem. They have her have sex with or kiss Batfam male characters so that when she suffers from tragedy, it would become a motive for the men to take action.
    That doesn't make it sound like Barbara is the problem more than bad writing is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I take Babs isn’t a dog person.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    A lot of people in this family own dogs, come to think of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A lot of people in this family own dogs, come to think of it...
    Well, unfortunately, "Bat-Cat" probably wouldn't be the most helpful assistant.

And I say this as more of a cat-guy than a dog-guy. Cats involve a bit less maintenance than dogs do.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, unfortunately, "Bat-Cat" probably wouldn't be the most helpful assistant.

And I say this as more of a cat-guy than a dog-guy. Cats involve a bit less maintenance than dogs do.
    And there can only be one Bat-Cat in this family, and it's with the one cat-lady of the bunch .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And there can only be one Bat-Cat in this family, and it's with the one cat-lady of the bunch .
    She's not "Bat-Cat".

She was "Catbird" at one point . . .

And when Dick says the dog's off to the pound tomorrow, Babs tells him to accept he has a fur baby now. She insists that he keeps the puppy! Though I guess she'll be looking after her while Dick is out on patrol... if Babs goes out as Batgirl, I wonder if they'd get a dogsitter? Too bad Damian isn't available, he loves animals.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Honestly a little surprised DC is putting this out given the whole Cameron Stewart situation:

http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779513298

Barbara Gordon's ready for a fresh start. She's packing her bags, crossing the bridge, and heading to Gotham's coolest neighborhood: Burnside. And when a freak fire burns up her costume and gear, Babs has the chance to become a whole new Batgirl! But she barely slips on her new DIY costume before Batgirl starts trending as Gotham's first viral vigilante -- and attracting a new wave of enemies who want her social-media spotlight for themselves. Meanwhile, the girl beneath the gear's got a whole new crew of friends, college classes that are kicking her Bat-butt and a dating scene that can make anyone want to swipe left on life. This bat's done living in the shadows. But will the bright lights of Burnside burn her for good? Red-hot creative team Cameron Stewart, Brenden Fletcher and Babs Tarr reinvent Barbara Gordon from the boots up in BATGIRL: THE BATGIRL OF BURNSIDE (collects issues Batgirl #35-52, Batgirl Annual #3, Secret Origins #10 and DC Sneak Peek: Batgirl #1.

Honestly a little surprised DC is putting this out given the whole Cameron Stewart situation:

http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779513298

Looks like they're planning for a Nov 23, 2021 release date.

It also appears that DC had originally planned to release one in 2019, but that one was cancelled.

https://www.cbr.com/zack-snyder-reve...eague-2-3/amp/

Barbara Gordons Batgirl would have had a large role in Zack Snyders Justice League sequels.

Im so upset we missed out on seeing Batgirl.

I'm not taking any of this 'could have/would have' stuff seriously at this point. The way it's going, every superhero and their grandmother was somehow in Snyder's plans. I suspect he might be trying to rile up his fan base again so they can hound WB into letting him continue his vision.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm not taking any of this 'could have/would have' stuff seriously at this point. The way it's going, every superhero and their grandmother was somehow in Snyder's plans. I suspect he might be trying to rile up his fan base again so they can hound WB into letting him continue his vision.
    Yeah, even I'm like the info he's given is just...useless? Years later this doesn't excite me. I want to know whats happening now and actual information.

BANNED

Oracle was way more compelling as a character than the nu52 Batgirl could ever be. Because Oracle suffered from disability, it drove her to prove herself to be something more than a person on a wheelchair. When DC put her out of a wheelchair, it just lessens the tragedy. Could you imagine who Bruce would become if his parents had been revived? He would probably give up on crime fighting and spend more time with his parents, whom he had lost too early in his life. He would not have the same drive to fight crime if his parents had been brought back. Now Barbara is back at being Oracle but it is never gonna be compelling as it used to be. DC ruins Oracle. Oracle was not simply this technical assisstant sitting behind computer screens. Barbara went from being an inspiring and unique heroine as Oracle to a less compelling and typical Bat vigilante.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-23-2021 at 05:43 AM.

. . . Could you imagine who Bruce would become if his parents had been revived? He would probably give up on crime fighting and spend more time with his parents, whom he had lost too early in his life. He would not have the same drive to fight crime if his parents had been brought back. . .
    Didn't Bruce meet his father from a different reality?
    How did that work out?