Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't remember when Babs was mentioned to be 25 years old other than the 70s Bat Family series.

Barbara debuted in January 67 as an adult.
    In December 69, Dick went to university.
    Batman Family in 1975 portray Barbara as 25 year old congresswoman. Dick is already in university, with a girlfriend.
    In March 81 Bruce was mentioned to be 28 years old.
    Then Dick was 19 when Jason became Robin in 1983-ish.

So it's not a big aging timeline. At least 3, at most 4 years.
    So at most Babs only aged from 23-24 to 25 to 26 years old. There won't be a visible difference physically.

Dick looks like he aged a lot because before college he's drawn like a teen, then in university, he got hot, lol. His body becomes more visibly muscular.

Also, even if Babs started at 25, there wasn't any plan to age Dick up at that time, as far as I know. It was the second season of Batman 66 tv series I think but sales are going down for comics, so they sent Dick to college because they want to bring back Bruce as a solo hero and increase sales... if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-14-2021 at 05:31 AM.

And Dick would still appear regularly both in Teen Titans and in one of the bat anthology books too (Batman Family or Detective Comics). Babs also ended up in those anthologies, where the two would sometimes team up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    Sneak peek.
    @Bruno_Redondo_F is doing amazing things with Babs and Nightwing.
    I can't WAIT for you to see our series in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And Dick would still appear regularly both in Teen Titans and in one of the bat anthology books too (Batman Family or Detective Comics). Babs also ended up in those anthologies, where the two would sometimes team up.
    Dick & Babs team-ups started regularly occurring in every-other issue of Batman Family.

That series lasted twenty issues before being merged into Detective Comics, but by that time I don't think they were doing those regular Batgirl and Robin features.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So looks like we'll be getting more of glasses Babs .

Astonishing Member

So, it seems Barbara will have a story in Batman Urban Legends.

Plus, Barbara Gordon has identified a citywide system hack from a foe she faced before as Batgirl...but this time around, Babs may have found a way to defeat her for good as Oracle!

Interesting how the still refuse to show her in her Batgirl costume anywhere. Even on that Nightwing cover they only showed her glove.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Interesting how the still refuse to show her in her Batgirl costume anywhere. Even on that Nightwing cover they only showed her glove.
    That looked like a connecting cover to me - so the next issue's will show the rest of her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That looked like a connecting cover to me - so the next issue's will show the rest of her.
    I dunno, would they really have a Nightwing cover that doesn't have Nightwing on it? Since if it is a connecting cover he wouldn't be on the next part.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    So, it seems Barbara will have a story in Batman Urban Legends.

Plus, Barbara Gordon has identified a citywide system hack from a foe she faced before as Batgirl...but this time around, Babs may have found a way to defeat her for good as Oracle!
    So Oracle accomplishing something Batgirl couldn't...I'm sure that won't bother some people .

Are they being coy about a new costume? (I hope!)
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I'm hoping for a new costume with the return of her cowl. It is weird we have not seen anything of Babs in her Batgirl costume yet other than her glove.

From the cover it looks like she still has a grey costume and yellow gloves, but she might have the cowl back.

As long as she has a cowl back, she can be green for all I care. I just wish they would give her and Red Hood the suits that they had in Three Jokers. They were perfect.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

So far nothing yet. All we know they are staying with the yellow gloves
    Attached Images Attached Images