Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of wondering how the hair would work for the cowl, although I guess she could straighten her hair.
    Or wear a wig, like Batwoman does in both the comics and the CW show.

Speaking of Batwoman, they're introducing Stephanie Brown this week. And she's a redhead, not a blonde. So if she becomes Batgirl, she'd look more like Babs than her own comic book counterpart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Her hair looks like Ryan Wilder's wig, although I think that defeats the point.
    Speaking of Batwoman, they're introducing Stephanie Brown this week. And she's a redhead, not a blonde. So if she becomes Batgirl, she'd look more like Babs than her own comic book counterpart.
    Weird.

Extraordinary Member

the show has 1 more season, i doubt it

unless they crossover with Titans

It's so weird they have made Stephanie Brown a red head. She looks like Barbara Gordon, they should just bring Babs as Batgirl into Batwoman.

According to Oliver Queen (when giving Felicity a codename, which was Overwatch), the name Oracle is already taken. That means Babs stopped being Batgirl in the Arrowverse years ago, before Batwoman started. Presumably Oracle (and Robin, who's been mentioned a couple of times) went missing when Batman did.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't think they thought that far ahead or even remember that line, but Steph was probably more available than Babs was.

I have no idea why Steph is a redhead when it seems like her dad is still blonde.

In the comics, both her parents were blonde. Maybe her mother is a redhead too here? We don't see her, so it's possible.

In the comics, both her parents were blonde. Maybe her mother is a redhead too here? We don't see her, so it's possible.
    They never did mention her, come to think of it.

Has Barbara Gordon benefited in any away by being paired up with Dick Grayson?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Has Barbara Gordon benefited in any away by being paired up with Dick Grayson?
    Do you benefit from any of your relationships?

Well, it makes her happy when there isn't too much drama involved, so there's that...

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Do you benefit from any of your relationships?
    Well I'm not a fictional character. And my question was obviously steered more to how much relevance and character growth she gains from being in that particular relationship instead of being with alone or with someone else. Not trying to dismiss it just want to see the arguments for or against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Well I'm not a fictional character. And my question was obviously steered more to how much relevance and character growth she gains from being in that particular relationship instead of being with alone or with someone else. Not trying to dismiss it just want to see the arguments for or against it.
    I think babs and dick are popular in their own right. When paired together they are talked about more because essentially the fandoms will overlap and more people will talk about either party due to their connection with the other character. If they're talked about then DC can capitlize on it. I know I read Nightwing for Dick because because Babs is also a highly prioritised character there so the incentive for me to keep reading the nightwing solo now has two reasons for me to keep reading.

Also Dickbabs, when written well, can be pretty good. I think Babs is like probably his most intense relationship. Intense I mean it wasn't always easy but they would always have a bond. I feel like they're like a couple when they can get their act together can be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I think babs and dick are popular in their own right.
    And as a team, Batgirl and Robin (Dick) had its fans in the past.

[QUOTE=MajorHoy;5540069]And as a team, Batgirl and Robin (Dick) had its fans in the past.

Not gonna lie this image looks like two parents fighter for the custody of their child which makes sense considering Barbara was older and closer to Bruce's age back then.
    Last edited by Micael; 05-15-2021 at 04:16 PM.