Page 32 of 108 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

So what's Barbara's current status in the comics? She's basically a non-paralyzed Oracle who nonetheless chooses to sit in front of a monitor all the time? Her days as combatant are over?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    So what's Barbara's current status in the comics? She's basically a non-paralyzed Oracle who nonetheless chooses to sit in front of a monitor all the time? Her days as combatant are over?
    No after having her implant damaged she is being careful but she will put on the cowl when she needs to

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    No after having her implant damaged she is being careful but she will put on the cowl when she needs to
    Thanks for the reply. Guess I can still have some hope then.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

I hope we get to see Barbara Gordon as Batgirl in Titans season 3. Whether that be in flashbacks or in current timeline, that would be awesome.

I'm not sure that'll happen - the actress is disabled for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yeah, she could still suit up as Batgirl - most likely in the Nightwing book or in a big event where it's all hands on deck. They're pushing Babs as Oracle and Cass as Batgirl again, but doesn't mean Babs isn't Batgirl any more. The Batgirls - Steph as well - are basically operating like the Birds of Prey currently.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-21-2021 at 08:10 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Yeah, she could still suit up as Batgirl - most likely in the Nightwing book or in a big event where it's all hands on deck. They're pushing Babs as Oracle and Cass as Batgirl again, but doesn't mean Babs isn't Batgirl any more. The Batgirls - Steph as well - are basically operating like the Birds of Prey currently.
    We’re making out way to future state
    Where she is suit but Oracle so it’s fine

Yes I know in real life Savannah Welch has one amputated leg but that does not mean she can not walk.
    There are many ways she could suit up, they could also use stunt doubles or have her use a prosthetic leg.
    Last edited by sorboares; 05-22-2021 at 04:09 AM.

There are a bunch of ways they could get around it if they wanted to do Batgirl flashbacks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There are a bunch of ways they could get around it if they wanted to do Batgirl flashbacks.
    Stunt double

So the the director's posted pics of Barbara as Batgirl, so definitely confirms Babs is the Batgirl of the Batgirl movie.

I have no doubt they aren't going to make her paralyzed again, it's just something so weird not to commit to if your making her Oracle, but she's definitely in the reserves until they can capitalize on her being Batgirl. But it's so strange because it's not clear when they will do that. Babs is just mostly a supporting role in some title, I'll give Nightwing credit for treating her well, but overall they're not really doing much except for tech support and maybe referencing jim in some way. I just feel like Babs has some sort of countdown, but don't know when or what.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    So the the director's posted pics of Barbara as Batgirl, so definitely confirms Babs is the Batgirl of the Batgirl movie.

I have no doubt they aren't going to make her paralyzed again, it's just something so weird not to commit to if your making her Oracle, but she's definitely in the reserves until they can capitalize on her being Batgirl. But it's so strange because it's not clear when they will do that. Babs is just mostly a supporting role in some title, I'll give Nightwing credit for treating her well, but overall they're not really doing much except for tech support and maybe referencing jim in some way. I just feel like Babs has some sort of countdown, but don't know when or what.
    She's been mentioned as Batgirl in the context of Nightwing so I think at some point in that story she'll put the suit on.

Yes, and she has a prosthetic leg.
    So she can work as Oracle and Batgirl if they want her to show up in some flashbacks.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yes, and she has a prosthetic leg.
    So she can work as Oracle and Batgirl if they want her to show up in some flashbacks.
    That's pretty interesting, do hope we at least get some dick and babs romance even if it'll just be for a short time.

Extraordinary Member