Page 43 of 108 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

My likes:
    -burnside influenced without most of the elements I didn’t really like (doc martens, those gloves, button cape)
    -the cowl/helmet and it’s dark, eggplant color
    -the sleeves and short gloves
    -white eyes (like Bruce and Dick)
    -big, huge cape

I dig it. Its sleek.

Just noticed the black lipstick. That is a bit weird, haha. I think if the glove and boots were yellow it would help it a lot more, but maybe they felt that would make it too similar to her last two costumes? Dunno.

I think they wanted the yellow in it to pop out more, rather then blend.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    My likes:
    -burnside influenced without most of the elements I didn’t really like (doc martens, those gloves, button cape)
    -the cowl/helmet and it’s dark, eggplant color
    -the sleeves and short gloves
    -white eyes (like Bruce and Dick)
    -big, huge cape
    Funnily enough a lot of this is why I'm not crazy about it .

It's weird not seeing Babs' eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I'd say it would pop up well as a contrast to all the purple. Better than the black at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Maybe just the boots then if you don't want to go overboard with the yellow.

Overall the costume is fine. It is just kind of plain to me, but I don't actively dislike it. I just prefer the more comic book-y costumes over ones where they are designed to be practical. Where they look like something you'd see in a TV show, which is what this new one feels like to me. I just feel like trying to do more realism in comics is such a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

Overall the costume is fine. It is just kind of plain to me, but I don't actively dislike it. I just prefer the more comic book-y costumes over ones where they are designed to be practical. Where they look like something you'd see in a TV show, which is what this new one feels like to me. I just feel like trying to do more realism in comics is such a waste.
    I get that. It was part of my issue with the Burnside look.

Like, we've got the two other Batgirls in the typical skintight spandex while Babs is the one sporting a jacket and pants? It also makes Babs stand out when everyone else in that group illustration have normal costumes. Like, Redondo draws Nightwing and there's nothing practical about Nightwing's costume, but I guess this is more his design sense? Or Taylor's.

Like if they're designing this for a CW Batman show I'd get it, The Flash suit was a jacket and pants for several seasons, but this is comics.

I'm not sure if the black lipstick really fits Babs either. And, like, her green eyes are a big feature so blocking those out with white eyes feels wrong to me. It's like she's trying to look more like Batwoman.

I mean why do they want Babs to stand up. Is it because she is the most popular or is it more because they can't decide on a look? Because they could easily go back to the black and yellow look or the Gray and Blue. It's rather strange. She has major changes to her outfit many times in a short amount of time.

I'm not sure how I feel about Babs new suit. It's very reminiscent of her Burnside suit. It's more suitable for an adult woman though but it's also much less dynamic. Also love the lipstick aesthetically but I hate the idea that there might be an emergency somewhere and all the guys are suiting up and there's Babs in the corner blotting her lipstick. I guess I don't like makeup as part of a female hero's suit.

Astonishing Member

Why the hell so many people in twitter pissed off because of her suit?

My thoughts about Babs new Batgirl costume.
    Firstly I really love the cowl and its long ears. So happy her cowl has returned, Babs was way over due for this.
    I really like the white eyes, I love the long cape and how it has intelligent memory fabric just like the Nolan films.
    I really love the back reinforcement structure, I think this is a great idea. Babs needs extra protection for her spine.

The things I am a bit unsure about is I would prefer her costume to be a bit darker and not purple. The jacket looks very similar to the Burnside costume which I was not a fan of but I'm glad this is a bit updated and not as bright.

Overall so happy to see Babs in a cowl again looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Babs new suit. It's very reminiscent of her Burnside suit. It's more suitable for an adult woman though but it's also much less dynamic. Also love the lipstick aesthetically but I hate the idea that there might be an emergency somewhere and all the guys are suiting up and there's Babs in the corner blotting her lipstick. I guess I don't like makeup as part of a female hero's suit.
    I think people didn't like that about Alex's Sentinel suit on the Supergirl TV show either? Turns out that she just presses a button and her costume replaces her civilian clothes - and that includes the makeup. She basically suits up the same way a Power Ranger does. Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect a similar solution here.

The white eyes is a good idea though - a common complaint about Babs' old suit was that it really did nothing to protect her secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Why the hell so many people in twitter pissed off because of her suit?
    Looks like mostly Cass or Streph fans using ableism as a cover for them to bash the creators and new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean why do they want Babs to stand up. Is it because she is the most popular or is it more because they can't decide on a look? Because they could easily go back to the black and yellow look or the Gray and Blue. It's rather strange. She has major changes to her outfit many times in a short amount of time.
    The Murphy no cowl look debuted three years ago, Burnside seven years ago. That’s not so many

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

I don’t know, I’ve come to appreciate simplicity when it comes to costumes. Too often they over design them and we end up with costumes like Dick’s new 52 Robin look.