Page 45 of 108 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It looks more to be a combination of the Burnside and the animated Young Justice look.
    As for my opinion, I love it. I wasn't a huge fan of the Murphy design, the bat was awkward, the boots too clunky. I do agree this suit could use more yellow though.
    I would've loved something more like YJ suit. Looking practical and costume-y without a jacket or pants.

I liked the yellow boots on Murphy's design (better than the doc martens), and the gloves, while the boots and gloves don't really stand out at all on this costume.

Her Three Jokers suit is still the best...
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im fine with the new costume, would've gone with something a little darker though.

I think the biggest thing is that she stands out from the rest of the Batfam. This is a very "realistic" costume and they should've given a redesign to everyone else to make them slightly more realisitc.
    Why the need for realism though?

Yeah I dunno why we couldn't have the Fabok suit. Don't fix what isn't broken. I know new looks are supposed to generate buzz, but I much prefer characters stick to their classic looks.

Glad the cowl's back though.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Yeah I dunno why we couldn't have the Fabok suit. Don't fix what isn't broken. I know new looks are supposed to generate buzz, but I much prefer characters stick to their classic looks.

Glad the cowl's back though.
    Yeah, best thing about the new costume is the cowl .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her Three Jokers suit is still the best...
    I loved her New 52 suit. I think it's her best look so far

I dunno how I feel. It's not bad but it looks too much like the Burnside outfit (which I always felt suited Steph more than Babs).

I would've loved something more like YJ suit. Looking practical and costume-y without a jacket or pants.
    Same. Honestly, I think her YJ costume might be my favorite of her looks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I dunno how I feel. It's not bad but it looks too much like the Burnside outfit (which I always felt suited Steph more than Babs).

Same. Honestly, I think her YJ costume might be my favorite of her looks.
    The new adventures of Batman version was my favorite

This is just a quick cut-and-paste putting the new cowl on the Murphy costume:

I could have lived with something more like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

That looks more like Barbara to me
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Why the need for realism though?
    I dont need it but if they are going to apply it to her, they shoud do it to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Yeah, I think I prefer this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I dont need it but if they are going to apply it to her, they shoud do it to everyone else.
    I guess that's fair.

Aesthetically it just feels like it's aiming for something different than what the rest of the line is going for, I guess?

Here is the one Redondo did for that Nightwing #79 cover re-edition. Maybe if you combine it with the new cowl and white eyes it would look good.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't like the white eyes black makeup because what I see is TNBA Catwoman
    I also don't like it because it's too close to Burnside and that carries a different image, a youthful image, while current Barbara has been drawn more mature.

Combined, it's a clash of style between a goth head and trendy on the rest. Like it's created for or by someone who doesn't know if she wants to be reclusive or social.

I think the 70s blue and grey costume, the New 52 Ardian Syaf, or the Three Jokers Jason Fabok are her best looks

I want to see the New 52 or Three Jokers with black make up and eyelet. I think the all black look will work better, even if I'm still gonna have the image of TNBA Catwoman

I don't think I'll like the 70s grey costume with eyelet and black makeup. I think those come from different eras and will clash like the Burnside costume.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-02-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Mighty Member

I like it. It's the best parts of the Burnside costume, but with a little bit more classic feel. I will agree that yellow boots and/or gloves might help it pop a bit more. But then I'm also one of the weirdos who likes the Burnside suit. I thought it accomplished what it set out to do really well, and was a striking visual to boot.

However, I still prefer the Murphy suit we're giving up. Unlike most of you, I'm not at all attached to the cowl (Yes, I totally get the domino mask doesn't protect her identity arguments, but it's superheroes. Clark Kent TAKES OFF HIS GLASSES and nobody recognizes him for heaven's sake.) and I thought that was the best Batgirl suit I've yet seen.

Still, this new design is still light years better than the awful New52 look. Leave the black to Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    . . . Leave the black to Steph.
    Seriously?

You know, the costume was purple on the Adam West Batman show, so why was it black in the comics?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Still, this new design is still light years better than the awful New52 look. Leave the black to Steph.
    Cass you mean. Steph has some black, but her costume is mostly eggplant. Cass is the one who wears mostly black.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman