Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Doesn't every other human who puts on a shoe/boots/kicks with laces?

Also, i'm pretty sure Nightwing has a harder time putting his costume on.
    I guess it comes down to practicality versus visuals...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it comes down to practicality versus visuals...
    Come on now, i know you don't like the costume, but tying your shoes is not impractical.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

I personally prefer boots without laces. Like, does she have to tie them every time she goes out ?
    Robin does,
    Real soldier do too

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I want the boot laces back. The color doesn't matter. Laces are hard to draw, but that doesn't stop designs like Punchline's elaborate clothes, and no one complains about drawing Spider-Man or Black Canary.
    I for one am happy . Batty Boots are stylized and I like a bit more of a real world look. Sure it's harder to get in and out. But she can wear these all the time unlike say yellow boots. The whole issue of how heroes get into and out of their costumes and into and out of their civilian clothes is just some thing where you need to take poetic license. Boots do not fit inside of shoes for example. So where do you put the boots when you take them off? Anyway I think this costume looks great.

Come on now, i know you don't like the costume, but tying your shoes is not impractical.
    I wasn't saying it was .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Robin does,
    Real soldier do too
    Is that why Batgirl is the practical one, now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I for one am happy . Batty Boots are stylized and I like a bit more of a real world look. Sure it's harder to get in and out. But she can wear these all the time unlike say yellow boots. The whole issue of how heroes get into and out of their costumes and into and out of their civilian clothes is just some thing where you need to take poetic license. Boots do not fit inside of shoes for example. So where do you put the boots when you take them off? Anyway I think this costume looks great.
    I wonder if this going to be like the Burnside costume where she can quickly switch in and out of it from civilian clothes because it can pass as clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Ahhh that suit is perfect. First time I’ve seen the visible boot laces.
    Such a beautiful cover, Babs in her cowl again is amazing. I'm just shattered we have to wait until October to see Babs suit up as Batgirl again. I thought it was going to be sooner.

Mighty Member

The more I see the new look, the more it's growing on me. I still think I prefer her last (Murphy designed) look, but the new one looks quite good in some of the dynamic and action stuff we're starting to see from it.

I still think it needs more yellow/gold. But I'm also not sure where I would put it. The boots, probably. I'm a sucker for yellow/gold boots on Batgirl.

Still, this arc in Nightwing is shaping up to be an interesting look at where Babs is at right now in terms of Oracle, Batgirl, and just the larger Bat-universe in general. Digging it.

I have the same problems with it that I had with Burnside.

I feel like Babs with white eyes is going to be short lived.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    The more I see the new look, the more it's growing on me. I still think I prefer her last (Murphy designed) look, but the new one looks quite good in some of the dynamic and action stuff we're starting to see from it.

I still think it needs more yellow/gold. But I'm also not sure where I would put it. The boots, probably. I'm a sucker for yellow/gold boots on Batgirl.
    Yellow utility belt and pouches? There is no belt in the new design. (I admit I posted that here before.)

What version of Batgirl - Barbara, Cass or Steph - didn't have a belt? And when was it ever not yellow?

They might just as well take away her cape as take away her belt.

The new black pouches are attached to her jacket, which seems awkward and would restrict arm movement. Of course jackets have pockets, but not large external dangling ones holding heavy grappling guns, batarangs, and various sprays and chemicals. And the necessary number of pouches would make that jacket incredibly bottom-heavy.

Here's how it could get scripted: "Guess I do need a belt, Dick. Hold on a sec, I'll get one from my closet where, by the way, I just stumbled across every costume I've worn since 1966 - they're all back because Death Metal." It's a yellow belt. Then hook the pouches onto it. The next day when there's some down time, stain the pouches yellow. Done.

It is true that Burnside Batgirl had to wear her belt over the bottom of her jacket, a bit awkward. I guess once you have a jacket, it's hard to find a place to put a visible belt and hang pouches off of it. I liked the Burnside costume despite all that. I guess it would also be weird to hang utility pouches on a belt worn under the jacket (where most people's belts would be). But what would a real Batgirl do?

Extraordinary Member

I have the same problems with it that I had with Burnside.

I feel like Babs with white eyes is going to be short lived.
    We have seen it before in The Batman , again in Batman and the ninja turtles

We have seen it before in The Batman , again in Batman and the ninja turtles
    I know it happens in media a few times, I was talking in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Oh hey, DCAU Batgirl .

Really don't like that blue costume on Babs.

Maybe a dark blue or even gray (if not black) would be better?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Really don't like that blue costume on Babs.

Maybe a dark blue or even gray (if not black) would be better?
    Is it blue it’s Proably purple