Page 54 of 108 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, hopefully with the success of Batgirl, Chris McKay can finally start production of his Nightwing movie.
    Bingo, in this rebirthed DCU Dick Grayson can be alive

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ah. Kudos and continued success for her.
    I still wish there was a theatrical release, even a limited one.

Oh, and there had better not be any sort of recreation of the Killing Joke "scene". WB you did the animated version, leave it alone now.
    They may change their mind and do a limited release event if they believe in the projects enough and fans demand it

Will she dye her hair red? That is the big question now. I'm sure that people are going to add this to the list of redheaded characters played by a person of color in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Will she dye her hair red? That is the big question now. I'm sure that people are going to add this to the list of redheaded characters played by a person of color in live action.
    I think what matters is if she dyes her hair red.

Literally all she needs is a good dye job and I'm fine with this.

I saw in the Heights, and she was good in it, but obviously haven't seen her in any other role.

I just know there are gonna be implications that a POC will play Babs and they are most likely going to do Killing Joke in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post

I saw in the Heights, and she was good in it, but obviously haven't seen her in any other role.

I just know there are gonna be implications that a POC will play Babs and they are most likely going to do Killing Joke in some capacity.
    I highly doubt Killing Joke will be a factor at all in this. We're likely getting an origin story.

‘Batgirl’: Leslie Grace Lands Role Of Barbara Gordon In New Warner Bros. & DC Film

https://deadline.com/2021/07/batgirl...mpression=true

Hollywood is really against comic book accuracy.
    But whatever, i hope she does well and the movie turns out great.
    Gonna sound weird, but IMO she’s too pretty. Oh well. Still looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Gonna sound weird, but IMO she’s too pretty. Oh well. Still looking forward to it.
    Do you think Babs should look more...normal?

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post

Not sure if they will tease or put The Killing Joke in the first movie, but 100% they will if there is a sequel I think. It is unfortunately too big a story to ignore for more than one movie probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you think Babs should look more...normal?
    Less super model at least. Not that Babs isn’t really pretty, but ya. She’s a librarian. Kind of nerdy even.

I don't think doing the Killing Joke is in their plans. What other super hero movie did something like that to the main character?

Also, the Killing Joke is not a Batgirl story, far from it. She was used like a prop in that book, i doubt it any fan of the character would like to see her suffering like that in the big screen.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Less super model at least. Not that Babs isn’t really pretty, but ya. She’s a librarian. Kind of nerdy even.
    Even so I'd say most modern depictions make her as attractive as any other female hero. She hasn't been a plain jane librarian in a long time.
    I don't think doing the Killing Joke is in their plans. What other super hero movie did something like that to the main character?

Also, the Killing Joke is not a Batgirl story, far from it. She was used like a prop in that book, i doubt it any fan of the character would like to see her suffering like that in the big screen.
    And doing Killing Joke would necessitate bringing Jared Leto in and I don't see that happening.

Mighty Member

Even so I'd say most modern depictions make her as attractive as any other female hero. She hasn't been a plain jane librarian in a long time.

And doing Killing Joke would necessitate bringing Jared Leto in and I don't see that happening.
    Barbara Gordon was introduced in Detective Comics #359 in January 1967.

The first live action Barbara Gordon was Yvonne Craig who was very pretty women with dark brown hair.
    In the 1960s Batman TV series, she didn't have red hair. She had a cowl with a redhaired wig.
    Her first live action appearance was in "Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin" in the first episode of Season 3 of the Batman television series', first aired on ABC September 14, 1967.

When I was a kid in 1970s, I always thought Barbara Gordon was pretty in cartoons and comics.
    She appeared in the late 1960s Batman/Robin cartoon.
    She also appeared in the 1970s Batman/Robin cartoon with Adam West and Burt Ward. Bat-Mite had a crush on her.
    It was the 1970s cartoon that got me liking Batgirl.

They can play down the actress' looks by giving her different hairstyle and minimal or no makeup
    That's what happened with Zendaya in her role as Michelle Jones in the Disney Spider-Man movies
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Barbara Gordon was introduced in Detective Comics #359 in January 1967.

The first live action Barbara Gordon was Yvonne Craig who was very pretty women with dark brown hair.
    In the 1960s Batman TV series, she didn't have red hair. She had a cowl with a redhaired wig.
    Her first live action appearance was in "Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin" in the first episode of Season 3 of the Batman television series', first aired on ABC September 14, 1967.

When I was a kid in 1970s, I always thought Barbara Gordon was pretty in cartoons and comics.
    She appeared in the late 1960s Batman/Robin cartoon.
    She also appeared in the 1970s Batman/Robin cartoon with Adam West and Burt Ward. Bat-Mite had a crush on her.
    It was the 1970s cartoon that got me liking Batgirl.

They can play down the actress' looks by giving her different hairstyle and minimal or no makeup
    That's what happened with Zendaya in her role as Michelle Jones in the Disney Spider-Man movies
    Well, it'll probably depend on their take on Babs.

Extraordinary Member

I highly doubt Killing Joke will be a factor at all in this. We're likely getting an origin story.
    Yes it’s year one Batgirl