Page 58 of 108 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Another of those post-CoIE retcons?
    I don't remember it that way in any of my pre-CoIE readings.
    No. There were flirting between Barbara/Batgirl and Dick/Robin when they work together in Batman Family comic (Dick was a College student at that point). Tha was pre-CoIE.

In Post-CoIE, Dixon will make a retcon, so Dick/Robin as a teenager has an unrequited crush on Barbara/Batgirl (which never happened in Pre-CoIE). They only develop a real relationship when they are adults.

In Flashpoint, where Dick/Robin and Barbara/Batgirl start to fight crime as teenagers, we see they flirt in these adventures.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-31-2021 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Another of those post-CoIE retcons?
    I don't remember it that way in any of my pre-CoIE readings.
    There is no non-flashback stories with Dick as Robin post-CoIE.
    This is pre-CoIE:

Dick was pretty much interested in her and they were close, but never had anything, they just flirting with each other.
    Also DC didn't really wanted this couple at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In Post-CoIE, Dixon will make a retcon, so Dick/Robin as a teenager has an unrequited crush on Barbara/Batgirl (which never happened in Pre-CoIE). They only develop a real relationship when they are adults.
    He did had a crush on her during his Robin days.

Batman universe made a retrospective about their relationship here:

https://thebatmanuniverse.net/batgirl-34/
    Last edited by Drako; 07-31-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Dick was pretty much interested in her and they were close, but never had anything, they just flirting with each other.
    Also DC didn't really wanted this couple at the time.

Makes sense since like Tim Epps mentioned there she was too old and mature for him. At that time in that context a romantically relationship between the two would be very controversial.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would look into reading Batgirl: The Art of the Crime and Batgirl: Old Enemies trades.
    Thanks, will get to these ASAP

Amazing Member

So a little help here- I enjoyed Gail Simone's run on Batgirl, and I'd like to get some more stuff with Babs in the suit, but I personally didn't really like what I read of Burnside, and from there I don't know what else might be suggested of the modern stuff. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    So a little help here- I enjoyed Gail Simone's run on Batgirl, and I'd like to get some more stuff with Babs in the suit, but I personally didn't really like what I read of Burnside, and from there I don't know what else might be suggested of the modern stuff. Any suggestions?
    I would look into reading Batgirl: The Art of the Crime and Batgirl: Old Enemies trades.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...savannah-welch

Almost their just a few more days

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

I was super excited for Titans season 3 in hope to see flashbacks of Batgirl. But someone who has seen the first 5 episodes said there are no Batgirl flashbacks and he said there won't be any.

I'm still excited but also feel disappointed now too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I was super excited for Titans season 3 in hope to see flashbacks of Batgirl. But someone who has seen the first 5 episodes said there are no Batgirl flashbacks and he said there won't be any.

I'm still excited but also feel disappointed now too.
    Did they work on the show ?

I think we probably would have known by now if there was going to be a shown Batgirl suit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we probably would have known by now if there was going to be a shown Batgirl suit.
    Would we ? I mean suprises are nice

Would we ? I mean suprises are nice
    They used to be. Then came the internet. I can't remember the last time I was surprised by any media involving superheroes, especially by a comic book. It's a damn shame. I can still be surprised by the execution and that's wonderful when it's good, but the big stuff is always put out in news items or trailers or comic book sites, which I am trying so hard (and failing) to avoid. I blame the internet, for basically everything. Also, you kids get off my lawn!

Extraordinary Member

So I just read this

And after recent Tim drake developments
    I am inclined to believe it.
    https://twitter.com/hasami098/status...389398017?s=21

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dick and Kori did have sex in TTA and maybe this is their way to reconcile it but man, of course when they're making something nice for once, it's gonna be balanced out by something stupid

but actually no, that one I don't buy. A lot of what Taylor made that fans think is dumb or controversial or angering is just middling to me, like eh I can live with it or I can see what he's trying to do. It just doesn't come out right... but this one actually sounds dumb, like, fan trolling dumb, that's why I don't believe it.

I'd believe it if Didio's still around

Anyway that all sounds like plans they're already changing, that's why they can reveal it, so I don't think it's gonna happen

Astonishing Member

So I just read this

And after recent Tim drake developments
    I am inclined to believe it.
    https://twitter.com/hasami098/status...389398017?s=21
    The part related to Dick and Barbara sounds to ridiculous to be true. It's what makes me doubt everything.

Also, I don't find this "confirmation" in Bleeding Cool site (not even a theory).