Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    In fact, Bruce characterizes Dick's relationship with Starfire (who is never mentioned by name) that way, saying to Barbara something along the lines of (am paraphrasing from memory): "[Dick]'ll come back [to you]; the thing with the alien won't last", as a brief allusion to Starfire. Either way, Dick is shown to have become a sad and bitter man because of the whole affair, which is understandable, considering this is evidently a sad and bitter timeline that got way out of hand..
    The Batman writers certainly have been salty in regards to Kory who was Dick's love interest from 1980 to 1994.
    They've constantly been diminishing the importance that Kory had in Dick's life and even had Dick say that the only woman that he ever loved was Barbara even though he clearly loved Kory in the Wolfman Titans run.
    While Dick was in a relationship with Kory, Bruce was never shown to be against it.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Thanks to everyone who gave due credit to Black Mirror, it was indeed the case. Though Dick was Batman and Babs was paralyzed in that story, which means it was published before the New 52 reboot, which means Dick and Barbara were already of the same age before the linewide relaunch. So they must have been of the same age since the previous reboot (the Superboy Prime punch?).

Also, isn't some version of Year One back into canon now? That would mean Batman has been Batman since James Jr. was born. I don't really think it matters that much, and maybe DC is better off leaving canon in an a la carte state, but the idea is that Bruce is more of a Jim Gordon contemporary in age than he is Barbara's. Jim Gordon may have been 10-15 years older than Bruce Wayne, and the popcorn panel still works.
    Yes. Gordon was a beat cop when Bruce a kid, so he can be as young as possible. Like in his 20s.

In the 80s version of Beat Cop Jim, he was younger and clean shaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yes. Gordon was a beat cop when Bruce a kid, so he can be as young as possible. Like in his 20s.

In the 80s version of Beat Cop Jim, he was younger and clean shaven.
    Didn't New52 make Barbara and Bruce the same age? Or am I misremembering that?

And back in the day Barbara was a good 6-7 years older than Dick Grayson, which is why she considered her crush on him awkward considering she was 25-26 and he was a teenager.

As it currently stands though Bruce is in his early 40s and Barbara in her 20s.

Though let's see.. Barbara Gordon is supposed to be 24 now.

Bruce was 26 when he became Batman, Dick Grayson is 9, Barbara Gordon is 9
    Bruce was 29 when he adopted Dick Grayson whom was 12, Barbara Gordon is 12.
    Batman was 35 when Grayson became NightWing at 18, Barbara Gordon is 18.
    Batman is then 41 when he gets Damian, Nightwing is 24, Barbara Gordon is 24.

So essentially they went from Barbara being 7 years older than Grayson, to being the same age as Bruce, to being the same age as Grayson.

And for the record Bruce is always depicted as 8 years older than Selina Kyle in most mediums. So she would be 33.
    Last edited by Majesty; 08-21-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Didn't New52 make Barbara and Bruce the same age? Or am I misremembering that?

And back in the day Barbara was a good 6-7 years older than Dick Grayson, which is why she considered her crush on him awkward considering she was 25-26 and he was a teenager.

As it currently stands though Bruce is in his early 40s and Barbara in her 20s.

Though let's see.. Barbara Gordon is supposed to be 24 now.

Bruce was 26 when he became Batman, Dick Grayson is 9, Barbara Gordon is 9
    Bruce was 29 when he adopted Dick Grayson whom was 12, Barbara Gordon is 12.
    Batman was 35 when Grayson became NightWing at 18, Barbara Gordon is 18.
    Batman is then 41 when he gets Damian, Nightwing is 24, Barbara Gordon is 24.

So essentially they went from Barbara being 7 years older than Grayson, to being the same age as Bruce, to being the same age as Grayson.

And for the record Bruce is always depicted as 8 years older than Selina Kyle in most mediums. So she would be 33.
    No she was the same age of Dick in New 52. I don't know if they ever made her to be the same age as Bruce. The Killing Joke animated movie or LEGO Batman maybe?

If we're counting the age from New 52 Dick and Babs would be 25 since Damian aged from 10 to 14.

There's alteration in the middle. Tim, Steph and Cass are made to still be teenager while the space between Bruce's Batman debut to the present day was lengthened from 6 years in New 52 to 11 years in Rebirth at minimum.

Though this doesn't affect Dick and Babs. They just make Robin Dick debuted younger. Closer to the original continuity instead of as a 16 year old in New 52.

So Bruce is 41 at least, Dick and Babs 25, Tim, Duke, Cass, Steph and Harper 19 at most, and Damian 14.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-22-2021 at 01:10 AM.

This was their original age difference:

Anything else is a retcon.

Read more here: https://thebatmanuniverse.net/batgirl-34/

I believe she might still be older than him by a year or two. When they first meet as kids in Nightwing 78 Babs was taller than him.

I like her being older than him even if by a little bit.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Barbara seems and acts older when she's oracle, Bruce even treats her differently seeing her more as an equal instead of a sidekick he mentored. Would love to see her as Batgirl but still retain that level of respect from her peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Barbara seems and acts older when she's oracle, Bruce even treats her differently seeing her more as an equal instead of a sidekick he mentored. Would love to see her as Batgirl but still retain that level of respect from her peers.
    I think in part of it is because of how integral ends up becoming to Batfamily operations, so she's more than just a former protege or partner.

When has Barbara had her own bat-car? Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I always associate her more with having a scooter or motorcycle as Batgirl.
    Don't know if she had her own car; where to store it would be an issue.

(She has had a van in the past, but it was for Barbara (not Batgirl) and it wasn't a "Bat-Van".)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I always associate her more with having a scooter or motorcycle as Batgirl.
    Don't know if she had her own car; where to store it would be an issue.

(She has had a van in the past, but it was for Barbara (not Batgirl) and it wasn't a "Bat-Van".)
    In New 52 she has a van acting as her mobile Batcave. The outside is not spruced up with ears or painted purple or anything, but the inside is armored, teched up and used to store her bike and suit.

They all went up in flames before she moved to Burnside.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-22-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Batgirl goes through motorcycles like Bruce goes through cars.

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/preyofbirdsdc/st...340542984?s=21

Some hints to the movie direction

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Im happy some of Gail Simones new 52 Batgirl comics are included. Bit worried that they zoomed in on Castellucci cover. I don't want Batgirl wearing that dominoed mask, she needs her cowl.
    This is Barbara Gordon's first movie, she has never been in a live action movie. In Batman and Robin we got Barbara Wilson and she wore that silly mask so now we are finally getting Babs Gordon I hope she has her full proper cowl.

That reminds me...wasn't one of the reasons she had a domino mask in Batman and Robin because they couldn't get the cowl to work with Alicia Silverstone's hair? Although we've come a long way since then.