Page 69 of 108 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1618
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she cared about her best friend thinking it was a good cause. And that's still better than a jewel thief.
    Best friend? She was just her latest endeavor, she was jumping from thing to thing

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Best friend? She was just her latest endeavor, she was jumping from thing to thing
    ...Was that her characterization in the show? I don't remember that being the issue.

Extraordinary Member

...Was that her characterization in the show? I don't remember that being the issue.
    she was flitting from passion to passion

Spectacular Member

Well, she cared about her best friend thinking it was a good cause. And that's still better than a jewel thief.
    I agree with this - if my memory serves me well, she was going along with her friend's crusade. And Ivy thoroughly believed in that cause, way too much.

Had completely forgotten about that subplot though. Not really a fan of making Poison Ivy a teenager. With her set of powers, it made it weird, even if the show was careful to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I agree with this - if my memory serves me well, she was going along with her friend's crusade. And Ivy thoroughly believed in that cause, way too much.

Had completely forgotten about that subplot though. Not really a fan of making Poison Ivy a teenager. With her set of powers, it made it weird, even if the show was careful to avoid it.
    I think teen Ivy worked better than you would have expected, given the context. The comic was even able to make the Harley and Ivy team work despite the age gap.

Extraordinary Member

Thease people make the show less fun
    824DAFD3-C591-4A93-9460-B6864A724ED2.jpg

These people need some help. But Savanah might not even read her DMs, specially coming from some random trying to start shit.

If you going to post here every mean spirit shit people say on Twitter or Instagram, we'll not have anything else to talk about it. Just ignore it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Spectacular Member

These people do indeed need help, and also something to do with their lives.

But to Drako's point, people are horrible on social media. It's best to just block and move on.

Extraordinary Member

These people do indeed need help, and also something to do with their lives.

But to Drako's point, people are horrible on social media. It's best to just block and move on.
    I hope the actress does the same
    She doing a great job

Spectacular Member

I hope the actress does the same
    She doing a great job
    I'm a few episodes behind, but love her thus far. Show-Barbara is angrier than Comics-Barbara, which I think is understandable given the storyline.

She also has great chemistry with Brenton Thwaites, who is also amazing as Nightwing/Dick.

Not a fan of the show but nobody working on it deserves any verbal abuse. These trolls only know how to act tough on the internet.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

No self awareness at all that Anna Diop got these kind of messages when she first casted huh

I don't think Ivy was a teenager in that show. If memory serves me right Barbara was already in college and Pamela seemed a little bit older than her. Barbara was following her like she was an older sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I don't think Ivy was a teenager in that show. If memory serves me right Barbara was already in college and Pamela seemed a little bit older than her. Barbara was following her like she was an older sister.
    I'm 98% sure Babs was still in high school on the show. She didn't start college until season 5.

Spectacular Member

I'm 98% sure Babs was still in high school on the show. She didn't start college until season 5.
    Yeah, this is what I remember too. And I'm pretty positive Poison Ivy was a classmate that was also a highschooler at the time.

There was even a plotpoint in that two-parter in which the henchman found out his boss was a voice-modulated Ivy, and he takes it poorly because she was a teenage girl.

Batgirl and Robin both worked well in that show, and managed to be competent while feeling true to their ages. I really liked The Batman - it had its flaws, but it had a sharp eye for design, a great voice cast, a fantastic Alfred, and some really interesting side-villains. Loved their Maxie Zeus, for example.