Page 72 of 108 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1618
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's not great to hear. Considering I heard season 3 was coming up or starting and I've started watching Doom Patrol on HBO Max, I was considering giving the new seasons a chance when I was finished with DP. Now kind of unsure...
    I think it has markedly improved since its season 1. Season 2 was better than the first, and Season 3 is better than the second. I think the show struggled with tone and pacing for a while, and then found its comfort zone.

Are there some creative choices I'm puzzled by? Oh yes, you bet. But there many other creative choices that work fine and pay homage to the stories: I love Brenton Thwaites as Nightwing, and I'm really enjoying their version of Jonathan Crane, for example. This is our first shot at live-action Jason and Tim and I’m really glad to see them onscreen. Their Conner/Cadmus plot works as well.

As some have said, this is a Nightwing and team show. I know you don’t like Nightwing, so your mileaqge may vary. The other Batman elements are very present though, so you may enjoy that very much.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    They make some really weird creative choice. I will give them that the energy Dick and Babs have in the show is the same as their comic counterparts.

Like I really enjoy Dickbabs, but even I still can't believe they've made Dickbabs canon in Titans tv show when Kory is there. I definitely think this should be a Nightwing show, but it's Titans I still can't believe Babs is such mainstay already.
    I think their romance is a consequence of doing Red Hood. Once the show shifted to Gotham, Barbara had to show up if she was to exist in this universe. Once she shows up, their romance is kind of inevitable, it’s character-defining for both of them.

Kory is also very different from her comicbook counterpart (the most different, if I had to choose), so any hope for that character to mirror the comics was out the window. There’s also the evident character arc the show is setting her up to go through:

spoilers:
    defeat Blackfire and go back to rule Tamaran.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I think it has markedly improved since its season 1. Season 2 was better than the first, and Season 3 is better than the second. I think the show struggled with tone and pacing for a while, and then found its comfort zone.

Are there some creative choices I'm puzzled by? Oh yes, you bet. But there many other creative choices that work fine and pay homage to the stories: I love Brenton Thwaites as Nightwing, and I'm really enjoying their version of Jonathan Crane, for example. This is our first shot at live-action Jason and Tim and I’m really glad to see them onscreen. Their Conner/Cadmus plot works as well.

As some have said, this is a Nightwing and team show. I know you don’t like Nightwing, so your mileaqge may vary. The other Batman elements are very present though, so you may enjoy that very much.
    Well, it's not that I dislike Nightwing, more I'm indifferent to him but annoyed by the all consuming presence of his fandom around here. I'm a Batman fan first and foremost, and I find how most of this site seems to love Nightwing by magnitudes more than Batman offputting, especially in the Batman subforum. But other than simply not caring for Dick much one way or another, I've nothing actually against his inclusion in anything. Mostly I like to complain about him as a petty joke against his fans.

Think I'll probably give the series another go and stream season two at least after all.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Arthur Adams.

BGClayface.jpg

Ah. I watched season 1, it was...not good. Did it get better?
    Given you hate Dick's character I'm surprised you even watched season 1, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Arthur Adams.

BGClayface.jpg
    Full purple suit vs Clayface is an interesting look.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Given you hate Dick's character I'm surprised you even watched season 1, haha.
    As I explained two posts above yours, I don't hate Dick, I'm indifferent to him and find him largely uninteresting. What I hate is his fandom.

As I explained two posts above yours, I don't hate Dick, I'm indifferent to him and find him largely uninteresting. What I hate is his fandom.
    I feel like half the posts I read from you are you saying how you dislike Dick, don't like Robin, and don't understand why his character is popular. For a character you have no interest in you sure do post about him a lot. I just find it odd is all.

I feel like half the posts I read from you are you saying how you dislike Dick, don't like Robin, and don't understand why his character is popular. For a character you have no interest in you sure do post about him a lot. I just find it odd is all.
    Really? I mention it, but not often enough to be half here. Probably just feels like half because they stand out to you more as weird/irritating?

Extraordinary Member

By Craig Cermak

Mighty Member

Why do you hate Dick's fandom?
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    By Craig Cermak

Nice, simple, and superior to her current costume and half of her costumes.

Really? I mention it, but not often enough to be half here. Probably just feels like half because they stand out to you more as weird/irritating?
    I'm not irritated by it. I just find it odd you talk about a character you don't care for so often is all. I feel like I see it in the Batman or the DC Comics forums a fair amount whenever the character/identity is mentioned, but that is also because I tend to gravitate towards threads where he or Robin is at least tangentially involved. So it probably stands out more on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    By Craig Cermak

The best Babs Batgirl look .

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Why do you hate Dick's fandom?
    Because it's soooo massive and they prop him up over Bruce. Just, blegh sometimes.

I'm not irritated by it. I just find it odd you talk about a character you don't care for so often is all. I feel like I see it in the Batman or the DC Comics forums a fair amount whenever the character/identity is mentioned, but that is also because I tend to gravitate towards threads where he or Robin is at least tangentially involved. So it probably stands out more on my end.
    But it's really not that often - mostly just when discussions of having Robin in film again mostly. It's weird you think it's that often. It's like maybe every three or better months that discussion comes up, maybe less frequently.

Extraordinary Member

I bet Oracle returns as a villain no way it’s a one done