Page 81 of 108 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1618

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Shared by artist Jorge Jimenez

Attachment 114106
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just can't get over how much this looks like her wearing clothes instead of a costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    It's baggy and sloppy looking.
    I'll join the "Not Thrilled With the Look" club.

It doesn't look all that practical, and it looks as if it's trying to make Barbara look . . . mannish?

Sort of reminds me of how Marlene Dietrich or Tallulah Bankhead were sometimes shown?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'll join the "Not Thrilled With the Look" club.

It doesn't look all that practical, and it looks as if it's trying to make Barbara look . . . mannish?

Sort of reminds me of how Marlene Dietrich or Tallulah Bankhead were sometimes shown?
    Mannish how ?

i don't hate it. But it makes me question what was wrong with her gray and blue outfit that was practical and easy to make also. What was wrong with her original outfit

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    i don't hate it. But it makes me question what was wrong with her gray and blue outfit that was practical and easy to make also. What was wrong with her original outfit
    Actually, her "original" outfit looked way better than a boring gray and blue Batman copy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get trying to eschew something skintight so people (Cough)Clay Mann(Cough) don't go overboard with it but I don't really get the need for Babs to have to have functional, practical, costumes like that to the point where it's more clothes than costume sometimes.
    And Redondo's design - like the design for the Burnside costume, if I remember correctly - indicated that the jacket should not be skin tight. That would avoid the Clay Mann treatment.

But no one says she should be in sweat pants or pajamas, and the Redondo design has perfectly normal looking leggings or whatever you'd call them.

The real problem I have with Jimenez's drawing is the loose fit below the knees, and the overly loose jacket sleeves - and these are not areas where artists can go overboard.

She's dressed the way I dress, which is sloppily. But that's why they haven't put me in the comics, and I wouldn't buy a comic where I was the hero.

Jimenez is just leaving room for the weight she’s gonna put on from all the eating he has her do.

And Redondo's design - like the design for the Burnside costume, if I remember correctly - indicated that the jacket should not be skin tight. That would avoid the Clay Mann treatment.

But no one says she should be in sweat pants or pajamas, and the Redondo design has perfectly normal looking leggings or whatever you'd call them.

The real problem I have with Jimenez's drawing is the loose fit below the knees, and the overly loose jacket sleeves - and these are not areas where artists can go overboard.

She's dressed the way I dress, which is sloppily. But that's why they haven't put me in the comics, and I wouldn't buy a comic where I was the hero.
    I mean, Mann draws everyone like that so I don't think it was the fault of the costume. Mann would probably still draw this new suit as skintight just like some artists did with Burnside. It's just kind of how costumes work.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Never Mind.
    Last edited by signalman112; 09-30-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I like the design of the new suit, but I am not crazy about how loose it is. A character who is swinging on a rope line wouldn't necessarily want to wear things that create a lot of drag (other than the cape, but that's neither here nor there.) I would prefer it look a little more fitted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Fun Babs .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I have not seen this confirmed or mentioned one way or the other, but I believe they speed up the voice of the actress playing Babs. I would bet a lot of money on that. Barbara comes off manic, gripped by hysteria, and also unintelligible.

Can everyone hear everything she says? When I used to try to watch, this, I read the captions - but in the end, gave up watching this series, mostly because of this Batgirl voice, but also because of several others. Though these are supposed to be high schoolers, Jessica Cruz and Diana sound like middle-aged women, and Kara sounds like a cigarette smoker. It's a really weird-sounding series, and honestly I just can't tolerate it.

On the other hand, the Shea Fontana shorts, still available on YouTube, were wonderful! A completely different vibe to that series.

I wonder who decided such a big change was needed - rather than expand the shorts to 15 minute Cartoon Network TV episodes, they jettisoned the whole thing and started over with Lauren Faust. But there had been an investment in the prior series - there were toys, action figures, dolls, MacDonald's free figurines, even Pez dispensers - lots of merchandise for a cancelled cartoon.

I have not seen this confirmed or mentioned one way or the other, but I believe they speed up the voice of the actress playing Babs. I would bet a lot of money on that. Barbara comes off manic, gripped by hysteria, and also unintelligible.

Can everyone hear everything she says? When I used to try to watch, this, I read the captions - but in the end, gave up watching this series, mostly because of this Batgirl voice, but also because of several others. Though these are supposed to be high schoolers, Jessica Cruz and Diana sound like middle-aged women, and Kara sounds like a cigarette smoker. It's a really weird-sounding series, and honestly I just can't tolerate it.

On the other hand, the Shea Fontana shorts, still available on YouTube, were wonderful! A completely different vibe to that series.

I wonder who decided such a big change was needed - rather than expand the shorts to 15 minute Cartoon Network TV episodes, they jettisoned the whole thing and started over with Lauren Faust. But there had been an investment in the prior series - there were toys, action figures, dolls, MacDonald's free figurines, even Pez dispensers - lots of merchandise for a cancelled cartoon.
    I don't think they've actually sped up her voice, Tara's just playing a different and more spastic kind of Batgirl compared to usual. She's using a more cartoony and energetic version of her voice.

I don't think Jessica and Diana sound like middle-aged women, more mature than "old" (Diana even has the same VA as in the original DCSHG), although Kara definitely sounds like Nicole Sullivan.

I think they just simply wanted a new take on the property after the original went on for as long as it did.

Have y’all seen the DC Fandome trailer???

OMG. It’s BATGIRL!!!!!!!!

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Have y’all seen the DC Fandome trailer???

OMG. It’s BATGIRL!!!!!!!!
    It's from the game Gotham Knights.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.