Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1618

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I like the use of yellow in this picture.

Attachment 115453
    I think any good Babs Batgirl look needs a healthy dose of yellow .

So new interview about the Batgirls book says Babs will be using her wheelchair again in that book for some of it. Other times she will be using a cane to walk.
    After all the excitement for Babs becoming Batgirl again in the Nightwing Book and using a cool new costume, it looks like it is being taken away.
    I doubt we will see her as Batgirl again in this new BATGIRLS book and if we do it will probably be very rare.
    This is super disappointing!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You mean the implication that she dated Jason Bard like in the comics before moving on to Dick?

At least she set him up with Artemis .
    That got me actually pretty confused
    Bard calls Dick ex but Dick and Barbara never dated before S3, sure they had sex and obviously loved each other but babs kept turning Dick down since she knew he wasn't ready for a serious relationship yet and the way bard says sounds like it happened quite recently so does this implies at some moment between S3 and S4 Dick and Babs broke up, Babs dated bard for awhile but dumped him and got back Dick ? I just wonder what happened, did oracle caught Dick trying to get laid with zatanna ? Lol anyway I Barbara makes soon her first appearence on YJ and I wonder if she and dick are already engaged

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    Bard calls Dick ex but Dick and Barbara never dated before S3, sure they had sex and obviously loved each other but babs kept turning Dick down since she knew he wasn't ready for a serious relationship yet and the way bard says sounds like it happened quite recently so does this implies at some moment between S3 and S4 Dick and Babs broke up, Babs dated bard for awhile but dumped him and got back Dick ? I just wonder what happened, did oracle caught Dick trying to get laid with zatanna ? Lol anyway I Barbara makes soon her first appearence on YJ and I wonder if she and dick are already engaged
    I would say it's possible Bard considers Dick as Barbara's ex, due to the "unclear" relationship between Dick and Barbara before S3.

As you said, Dick and Barbara don't have a serious relationship at that point, but they have sex and love each other. So, it wouldn't be weird Jason Bard feels Dick was Barbara's ex with that kind of relationship.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-13-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hey, I'm checking Ostrander's Squad, how often is Oracle in it?

Extraordinary Member

Your forgetting the tie in comics and video games
    They did date, he also broke up and got back together with zatanna he dated rocket, he dated Betty lol
    DB41BD52-F267-4111-98EF-218F48C85194.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    So new interview about the Batgirls book says Babs will be using her wheelchair again in that book for some of it. Other times she will be using a cane to walk.
    After all the excitement for Babs becoming Batgirl again in the Nightwing Book and using a cool new costume, it looks like it is being taken away.
    I doubt we will see her as Batgirl again in this new BATGIRLS book and if we do it will probably be very rare.
    I wonder where they're going with the chip plotline because it feels like it's wearing away and getting worse if she needs the actual chair and a cane now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Hey, I'm checking Ostrander's Squad, how often is Oracle in it?
    She appears fairly frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They did date, he also broke up and got back together with zatanna he dated rocket, he dated Betty lol
    Yeah, it seems like Dick was too much of a horndog. Which makes me wonder when that stopped.

Spectacular Member

I don’t think we’ll be seeing Barbara as Batgirl in regular continuity very often, if at all, for the foreseeable future.

I’m hoping that with the Barbara Gordon Batgirl movie set to begin filming, perhaps we’ll see some Babsgirl content around the release.
    It would make sense for DC to have Barbara suit up then, perhaps for one last time, to, say, save a jeopardized Cass and Steph. Therefore, readers who come to the book for the Barbara Batgirl from the movie, but are unfamiliar with the comics, would be introduced to the book by Babsgirl, but hopefully stay for Cass and Steph.

My fondest hope would be for a prestige creator out-of-continuity project around the time of the film, similar to Jeff Lemire’s and Dustin Nguyen’s current ‘Robin & Batman’. That would be wonderful.

Most of the covers are just Steph and Cass related. So expectations for Barbara in the book should be very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Most of the covers are just Steph and Cass related. So expectations for Barbara in the book should be very low.
    If you're not a fan of how Babs was used in Cass and Steph's books, then it might not do anything for you, but I don't think that means she won't be written well.

If you're not a fan of how Babs was used in Cass and Steph's books, then it might not do anything for you, but I don't think that means she won't be written well.
    She is just going to be written more as a supporting character than a lead in the book. So if your expectations for Babs in the book was as a lead then you will be disappointed I think. The covers so far have made it very clear that Cass and Steph are the leads and will be doing most of the action while Babs is in the chair/background.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    She is just going to be written more as a supporting character than a lead in the book. So if your expectations for Babs in the book was as a lead then you will be disappointed I think. The covers so far have made it very clear that Cass and Steph are the leads and will be doing most of the action while Babs is in the chair/background.
    I mean, I feel like even if she's in more of a mentor/supporting role and not out in the field she can still get good character focus, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I would say it's possible Bard considers Dick as Barbara's ex, due to the "unclear" relationship between Dick and Barbara before S3.

As you said, Dick and Barbara don't have a serious relationship at that point, but they have sex and love each other. So, it wouldn't be weird Jason Bard feels Dick was Barbara's ex with that kind of relationship.
    But how could Bard even know about their sex dates ? I'm pretty sure she didn't just show Bard a pic of Dick and told him "thats my friend who I occasionally meets to sleep with" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I don't know about the game but in the comics it does confirm they haven't dated yet, dick wants to but Barbara keeps turning him down cause she knows he ain't ready to fully commit to a single person

Yeah, it seems like Dick was too much of a horndog. Which makes me wonder when that stopped.
    His love to Barbara was just greater than his horniness lol I'm more curious on how he got to convince babs he was actually ready for a serious relationship

I hope they'll make some new tie in comics prequel and we get to see barbaras path on becoming oracle

Oh on a side note we'll finally be seeing oracle make her first appearence in S4 next ep so maybe we'll have some explanation about it from babs herself

I feel the opposite. This is what I wanted. Babs as Oracle mentoring Cass and Steph. I'm fine with her switching from wheelchair to cane and only suiting up for special occasions or in flashbacks.

Astonishing Member

But how could Bard even know about their sex dates ? I'm pretty sure she didn't just show Bard a pic of Dick and told him "thats my friend who I occasionally meets to sleep with" lol
    Dick and Barbara are friends and live in Gotham, so Jason Bard (who was living in Gotham too) would likely meet Dick at some point. When they meet, it's pretty likely Jason Bard could notice there was "something" between Dick and Barbara in the past.

After all, Dick and Barbara don't have an serious relationship, but they have romantic feelings for each other. So, it's quite possible that there will be tension when Dick meets Barbara's new boyfriend.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-14-2021 at 03:58 AM.