Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1618

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Dick and Barbara are friends and live in Gotham, so Jason Bard (who was living in Gotham too) would likely meet Dick at some point. When they meet, it's pretty likely Jason Bard could notice there was "something" between Dick and Barbara in the past.

After all, Dick and Barbara don't have an serious relationship, but they have romantic feelings for each other. So, it's quite possible that there will be tension when Dick meets Barbara's new boyfriend.
    Bard is a lot older than both babs and dick so he most likely wasn't in the same friendship circles as them and she for sure wasn't dating him by the end of S2 since that would mean she was cheating on him with Dick so I think it's a lot safer to assume he met Babs in the physical physiotherapy since Bard has a prosthesis leg

Between S2 and S3 theres a 2 years timegap and within these 2 years:

• barbara got paralyzed
    • She became oracle
    • Started her first serious relationship with Dick at least a few months before S3

See it's just hard to fit a relationship with Bard here, I do think she meet him during this timegap but she was going though a rough time and not really interested in starting a relationship with a stranger

And then theres the 6 months/1 year timegap between S3 and S4 I think it makes a lot more sense to assume it happened between this timegap

• Barbara and Dick break off for some reason
    • Barbara is already friends with Bard and accepts going out with him, they date for a few weeks
    • Barbara decides to forgive Dick, dumps Bard and get back together with Dick
    • Feeling bad for dumping Bard like this she sets him up with Artemis

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    Bard is a lot older than both babs and dick so he most likely wasn't in the same friendship circles as them and she for sure wasn't dating him by the end of S2 since that would mean she was cheating on him with Dick so I think it's a lot safer to assume he met Babs in the physical physiotherapy since Bard has a prosthesis leg

Between S2 and S3 theres a 2 years timegap and within these 2 years:

• barbara got paralyzed
    • She became oracle
    • Started her first serious relationship with Dick at least a few months before S3

See it's just hard to fit a relationship with Bard here, I do think she meet him during this timegap but she was going though a rough time and not really interested in starting a relationship with a stranger.
    I think the 2 years gap is enough time for Barbara to have a relationship with Jason Bard at that time.

As you said, they likely meet in physical physiotherapy. However, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that Barbara and Jason Bard become close and started dating, because they were both going through a rough time. Romantic relationships in that kind of environment aren't uncommon.

We don't even know how much time Dick and Barbara have been dating in Season 3.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-14-2021 at 06:45 AM.

Oh I was going to reply but since we're talking about Jason Bard theres something which has been bugging me for awhile: what happened to their relationship in canon ? In cecil's run barbara ends up deciding to take their relationship to "the next level" (don't really remeber if its about engagement ou just going out) but then comes death metal's we fight for love, yeah I know it's an alternative future but still it's written by cecil and takes place after the events of batgirl #50 babs is still mad at dick, batman proposes they get married for one night, they accept it, babs forgives dick and they end up getting lovey-dovey
    So did babs and bard just broke off off-screen, was it even mentioned somewhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I feel the opposite. This is what I wanted. Babs as Oracle mentoring Cass and Steph. I'm fine with her switching from wheelchair to cane and only suiting up for special occasions or in flashbacks.
    I guess the fact that I don't love the new Batgirl costume means I won't feel it was a waste to make a new one that barely gets used .
    Oh I was going to reply but since we're talking about Jason Bard theres something which has been bugging me for awhile: what happened to their relationship in canon ? In cecil's run barbara ends up deciding to take their relationship to "the next level" (don't really remeber if its about engagement ou just going out) but then comes death metal's we fight for love, yeah I know it's an alternative future but still it's written by cecil and takes place after the events of batgirl #50 babs is still mad at dick, batman proposes they get married for one night, they accept it, babs forgives dick and they end up getting lovey-dovey
    So did babs and bard just broke off off-screen, was it even mentioned somewhere ?
    Broke up off-screen.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Technically after Death Metal is over the time reset to before Batman Who Laughs attacked, so Batgirl #50 took place after metal and as if Metal never happened, but Batgirl writer wasn't informed on plot development of crossovers anyway, so that's how it came out... anyway, Babs in Batgirl #50 was angry at Dick for being amnesia, which doesn't fit her depiction for the Nightwing amnesia arc and Joker War, so later writers of Joker and Nightwing ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Technically after Death Metal is over the time reset to before Batman Who Laughs attacked, so Batgirl #50 took place after metal and as if Metal never happened, but Batgirl writer wasn't informed on plot development of crossovers anyway, so that's how it came out... anyway, Babs in Batgirl #50 was angry at Dick for being amnesia, which doesn't fit her depiction for the Nightwing amnesia arc and Joker War, so later writers of Joker and Nightwing ignore it.
    Oh well now thats some mess but it's DC timeline we're talking about after all lol I also found barbara victim blaming dick for getting shot pretty OOC but the way cecil wrote 'we fight for love' made it just looksl like a #50 sequel
    I really hope those rumors on Tom Taylor planning to get babs and dick back together as a canon couple in nightwing #100 is true
    Not just because I like dickbabs but also because when we get a new barbara solo run they won't be giving babs a new love interest every 10 chapters

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the fact that I don't love the new Batgirl costume means I won't feel it was a waste to make a new one that barely gets used .

Broke up off-screen.
    It sucks because they were going to get married but Maybe one day their relationship will finally be explored instead of being ruined turning him into terrorist. I wonder if he will be in the movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is that Cassie?

Mom!Babs !
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Is that Cassie?
    Cass? I assume so.

yea I wish Babs bad adopted Cassie it makes sense. I mean the thing now is she is too close to Cassie in age

Extraordinary Member

Is that Cassie?
    yes

Extraordinary Member

yea I wish Babs bad adopted Cassie it makes sense. I mean the thing now is she is too close to Cassie in age
    i feel like babs is 27- 28 around the same age bruce started adopting is not older

Cass however is 18 and adult now

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    yes
    I wish we could see this in the comics.

It sucks because they were going to get married but Maybe one day their relationship will finally be explored instead of being ruined turning him into terrorist. I wonder if he will be in the movie
    Oh so when babs said she was ready to take their relationship "to the next level" it meant marriage ? Well idk who knows cecil will work on a batgirl project and still make it happen (unless they settle down babs and dick before)
    Cecil's run last chapters has a big focus on exploring their relationship and I don't think he became a terrorist even if they broke up