Page 96 of 108 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1618

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I no longer have the patience to keep giving DC the benefit of the doubt on things like this . . .
    Well, I've learned how cyclical comics can be .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder do you think we will get an animated Babs movie?
    I hope so! Or an animated project where she’s an important character, and not just a cameo appearance.

DC has had animated projects specifically tied to film releases (Gotham Knight and Emerald Knights), and animated films tied broadly to increased character visibility from the live action films (Suicide Squad, and Wonder Woman:Bloodlines) so there’s precedent.

Also animated Dc movies and shows do way better. So if this happens most people will like it. The question is what Babs origin story is good? If anything maybe her pre crisis storyline? Because they do go for the original storylines when it's the character's first movie

Long Halloween. The little girl was Babs. Also I mean Dc will always go back and forth with going to keep status and if things don't go well change it temp.

Agreed. I mean even if they give fans what they want they will generally reboot it. So it's like if they have DickBabs or have Babs other love interests I don't think it will stick. This is why I rather true their elsewhere and black label stuff. I hope Babs gets the black label treatment
    Oh I totally forgot that little cameo
    Yeah most likely we'll still get another big reboot in prime earth but I don't think it's worthy to already be worrying about it now like it may happen within next 2 years or 10 years or even 20 lol anyway I just really hope after Taylor's run she and dick will stay together for the long haul this time
    What do you mean by black label treatment ? First thing that jumps around my mind is the Geoff Johns treatment so eeh

Between things like Barbara's disability coming back into play more and the sidelining (for now) of Barry Allen in favor of letting Wally take The Flash mantle, DC seems to be hating on the Silver Age characters again . . .
    Just like how Barry and Barbara were put back in their original roles at the cost of shafting and/or erasing Wally and Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown respectively? Heck, given how much the DC brass has hated the latter three, there are some fans who would see this as justice, of a form.

(In all seriousness, as we've seen new generations of writers often want to reset the clock to the way things were when they were kids reading the stuff, so this cycling back and forth is hardly anything new.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In the interview, the writers commented that she would be using the cane and wheelchair sometimes (I guess the difference of how the chip was originally, from a narrative standpoint, a magic fix to have Barbara not be crippled, vs. the idea here that she has a disability and uses the chip, among other thing, to get around, depending on what works best in the moment). There's nothing that says she couldn't go out in the field on a given day when she feels up to it.
    I understand that the idea here is that Barbara will be Oracle most of the time and will put on Batgirl costume on only when it is really necessary. And there will be "oh my god will she be able to handle it" pages when she is out as Batgirl to generate some drama. I get it. But it still sounds so weird to me that a person has to regularly use cane or wheelchair, but is also able to chase the villains on the rooftops if it is really needed.

Yes, we suspend our disbelief all the time when we are reading comics, but to me this is very close to "this is bullshit" line where I just stop caring about the series/character.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I understand that the idea here is that Barbara will be Oracle most of the time and will put on Batgirl costume on only when it is really necessary. And there will be "oh my god will she be able to handle it" pages when she is out as Batgirl to generate some drama. I get it. But it still sounds so weird to me that a person has to regularly use cane or wheelchair, but is also able to chase the villains on the rooftops if it is really needed.

Yes, we suspend our disbelief all the time when we are reading comics, but to me this is very close to "this is bullshit" line where I just stop caring about the series/character.
    I guess she's able to be Batgirl on "good days."

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Just like how Barry and Barbara were put back in their original roles at the cost of shafting and/or erasing Wally and Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown respectively? Heck, given how much the DC brass has hated the latter three, there are some fans who would see this as justice, of a form.

(In all seriousness, as we've seen new generations of writers often want to reset the clock to the way things were when they were kids reading the stuff, so this cycling back and forth is hardly anything new.)
    And in 10-15 years, the new crew at DC will reboot everything to the way it was during the New 52.

And in 10-15 years, the new crew at DC will reboot everything to the way it was during the New 52.
    Or Pre-Flashpoint! Preferably when Conner Kent was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    Oh I totally forgot that little cameo
    Yeah most likely we'll still get another big reboot in prime earth but I don't think it's worthy to already be worrying about it now like it may happen within next 2 years or 10 years or even 20 lol anyway I just really hope after Taylor's run she and dick will stay together for the long haul this time
    What do you mean by black label treatment ? First thing that jumps around my mind is the Geoff Johns treatment so eeh

Wait you never hear of the black label comics? Like Wonder Woman Historia or The Catwoma: Lonely City. They are comics with their own timeline and their own stories without have to worry about cannon. I doubt dc will have them together. I feel like Dc always puts them together to boost sales.

I doubt new 52 because even new fans disliked. I have seen many who liked the old stuff also. So it does depend since also many liked the none cannon stuff. So who knows. I have even seen people read the post crisis
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-21-2021 at 09:37 AM.

I doubt dc will have them together. I feel like Dc always puts them together to boost sales.
    Well they are already together as a couple now in canon and did you forget they were married in pre-flashpoint ?
    I don't see a valid reason on why DC will go against Taylor if he wants to make a next step in Dick and Barbara's relationship like you said this couple boosts their sales very well and thats all DC care about
    Plus the whole love triangles in comics not only got pretty boring but is also getting very unpopular nowadays
    And Dick has been having this "dog fame" for about 20 years now it's about time DC just lets him settle down in canon (and they can still keep milking money from starfire fans in all those books set in alternative realities)
    Last edited by Spideyvinnegar; 11-21-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Okay yea they could have done that a long time ago not wait when the world was ending. Also Starfire and Dick did get married before the merged happened too
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-21-2021 at 12:16 PM.

They also showed him getting married to Starfire too in pre flashpoint so what's your point. Conversage shows us both marriages happening. So you act like they picked one or the other when they showed us both in both realities
    No lol the one dick married in the main timeline was Barbara, like I said even if we get dick and barbara married in the main timeline we'll still be getting dick and star in alternative realities so they can keep milking money from her fandom
    Last edited by Spideyvinnegar; 11-21-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Dc isn't serious if they were they would be pushing them in other stuff. Titans they aren't together. Titan writers want DickKori.They have said that multiple times. The creators of YJ said Zatanna and Dick still have feelings with the way Superboy and Miss Martin came back together it's a big change they will get back. So really Dc doesn't care about this ship. .

They could have had them marry at any point but don't. so I can't see. Why can't you see also milking DickBab shipper all this time. For so long they also being milking never giving you marriage unless it's alt universe or possible future. Even if it happens there the question of it sticking. Not only but accepting Babs being emotional abusive to Dick. How can you accept this ship when she has been doing this ever since they made them a couple.

If I'm to accept DickBabs I need them to actually be healthy. Tom Taylor doing a good job of making them seem healthy but that can easily turn around with another writing. Which will happen

All the other shipping is DickKori in cartoons even when there is DickBabs it's not the main focus just a background thing in the other cartons except for YJ. Even if they do make then a thing in DCMU. It's also going to be the fact they are being back Bruce Timm in making a cartoon. So this most likely means Bruce and Babs
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-21-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    No lol the one dick married in the main timeline was Barbara, like I said even if we get dick and barbara married in the main timeline we'll still be getting dick and star in alternative realities so they can keep milking money from her fandom
    There was no main timeline. They were both alternative realities, like all the Earths in Convergence. One was Pre-Crisis, one was Post-Crisis. But they were both inherently NOT main continuity.