Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1446

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I can't wait for discussion to open on TOM #3. 1 and 2 were great but this issue was a trainwreck.
    Yup. This should have been a 4 issue weekly series. The month wait and obvious filler have killed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I guess I wasn't the only one that felt reading this issue, I was like "Stop with the Kaiju fights and get back to the story" huh?
    yup, I was reading and thinking - why are we having a majority of an issue devoted to this? What is the point? Maybe there will be a revelation they're chaos entities, but even so, it dragged on too long and even worse, will be dragged into next issue.

That's a good summary and thank you for the link. If only the book had kept to just what the summary went over. The Kiaju attack was so random that the writer didn't even bother to address it.

It's kind of weird that Marvel comics keeps calling giant monsters kaijus recently, as though big monsters are such a crazy and alien concept to our decadent Western culture that only a word for a specific genre of Japanese cinema can possibly describe them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It's kind of weird that Marvel comics keeps calling giant monsters kaijus recently, as though big monsters are such a crazy and alien concept to our decadent Western culture that only a word for a specific genre of Japanese cinema can possibly describe them.
    They think it makes them sound worldly and quirky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    They think it makes them sound worldly and quirky.
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.

That's a good summary and thank you for the link. If only the book had kept to just what the summary went over. The Kiaju attack was so random that the writer didn't even bother to address it.
    I sincerely wonder whether someone in editorial (or above) insisted on a big fight scene of some kind, whether or not the writer planned on including one. Because it feels like a sharp swerve from the more character-centered conflict this mini has been doing.

Leah Williams is single handily dismantling whats left of the Magnus family

I can't wait for discussion to open on TOM #3. 1 and 2 were great but this issue was a trainwreck.
    #1 and 2 were hot messes as well. The only thing worse about this one was the art

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

#1 and 2 were hot messes as well. The only thing worse about this one was the art
    If they are dismantling the Magnus family, it likely wasn't her choice. Same with Wanda not being a mutant.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

The more compact plot of issues #1 and 2 of having a murder and having an presumed bad guy and having an investigation appealed to more fans online it seemed. Once they got into too many working parts people's minds started to be blown as we saw in issue #3. My stance on part one and two was certain characters were off and yes damage was done there, but I can see why its more compact nature was appealing to some.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-20-2021 at 05:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes but Leah said from the beggining this was not going to be an actual trial and I was kind of expecting something like old lady wanda to show up given this story involves her guilt over decimation but the main problem for me is that none of the characters are truly being explored, we still donīt know what Wanda thinks about mutants, we donīt know what Magneto is thinking and wether he knows something more or not, we donīt know why succedenly Lorna and Magneto canīt stand each other and we donīt even see Pietro hug Wanda when she just came back from the dead? This feels like the skeleton of a story but without the content to make up for it with the exception of Wandaīs perception of the magical realm.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes but Leah said from the beggining this was not going to be an actual trial and I was kind of expecting something like old lady wanda to show up given this story involves her guilt over decimation but the main problem for me is that none of the characters are truly being explored, we still donīt know what Wanda thinks about mutants, we donīt know what Magneto is thinking and wether he knows something more or not, we donīt know why succedenly Lorna and Magneto canīt stand each other and we donīt even see Pietro hug Wanda when she just came back from the dead? This feels like the skeleton of a story but without the content to make up for it with the exception of Wandaīs perception of the magical realm.
    It seems like your theory that this is something magical might be true. Because of them bringing the chaos realm into this. It could be likely that what you said about it being linked to Strange's death could be true. Maybe older Strange and Wanda had something planned?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It seems like your theory that this is something magical might be true. Because of them bringing the chaos realm into this. It could be likely that what you said about it being linked to Strange's death could be true. Maybe older Strange and Wanda had something planned?
    Probably, Death of Dr Strange #2 was out this same day and in both cases we see a younger version coming back from death so I think in the end both could be linked and I just remembered Wanda had an older appareance in her solo because she had to "pay" for using magic, so this may mean in a way, her older version is coming to teach the younger one something she forgot about herself, like how to take control over her own chaos magic? I still believe someone indeed killed her on Krakoa and that Old Lady Wanda was just responsible of symbolically killing her over and over again until she learned how to take control over her powers as well as a manifestation of her guilt. Out of all the plots left or introduced without much logic on this series, I think the magical aspect so far has the most development so I expect this one to be the main plot point of the story.

So Older Wanda, younger and dead Wanda are all the Scarlet Witch but we will not get her true self back until all of them reunite into one single person. This is the feeling I am getting on this series. I also agree some of the characters may be fake, like if Wanda chaos magic is out of control again, itīs logical to expect it to show itself in a similar way to AD, just this time, I expect Wanda to learn to control her magic by herself, without need of Dr Strange coming to stop her and narratively speaking is a way to undo the story of AD imo. I am probably expecting too much but those are the thoughts that get to me reading this.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

If Leah can somehow bring all these plot holes together in 2 issues & make this a story of worth I will tip my hat to her , if she can't so be it but I will be annoyed cause right now this comes off like a cash grab.