Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1446
    baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I know there is thing that says Lorna is the favourite but I never understood that. From my reading it was always that Wanda was his favourite. (If he has the capacity for a favourite).
    I would say each relationship he has with each child is vastly different. He straight up just Abuse AND kills Pietro . .Eric calls him urgly ..

I never got the Lorna favourite thing. I think that’s something they have done lately. . Also Lorna never struck me as one who loses sleep over what Magneto thought.
    The issue is not who Magneto loves more or at least it really shouldn't be.

Its how he is able to connect to either of them. Wanda never really wanted to be a mutant activist and at the end of the day wants to fight for all people. That has meant it has taken disasters or crises to bring them together.

Lorna has a very different view on mutant activism which allows her and Magneto to collaborate on projects. From Magneto's side he wanted a right hand advisor and heir and Lorna wanted to help mutants and be trained to be as great as the Master of Magnetism one day. What has only very recently been turned on its head is Lorna suddenly wants unconditional love from dad and Magneto is suddenly treating Lorna like an emotional punching bag.

Lorna long cared about what Magneto thought about mutant issues, but their relationship didn't take a turn towards Magneto trying to micromanage her life down to how many glasses of wine she drinks until this past year.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-26-2021 at 06:20 PM.

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

BANNED

Leah Williams says Trial of Magneto Will Be About More Than the Scarlet Witch's Death.
    give me a dadneto that loves Pietro.
    He once did and Quicksilver even joined Magneto’s government on Genosha. That obviously changed at the end of House of M when Magneto loses it and kills Quicksilver and Wanda loses it and depowers mutants en masse.

You now have a Magneto who admits he has been a terrible father and wants to be a better father. So I think
    We will get reconciliation between him and Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t see the point of competition either and while he´s not been a "great father" he has tried to make up for it or at least been there when there´s a need and it really depends on them if they want to have a relationship with him or not, so far Lorna has been interested and yes they can perfectly have relationships of their own between them, Lorna and Pietro in particular are already great friends from their X-factor days and there´s nothing more to be said about the bonds between Wanda and Pietro, it really depends of them if they also want to have contact with Magneto or not and I think that´s a pretty realist take on their relationship.
    Well at least Lorna should be able to talk about scientific pursuits with Magneto assuming in a year they remember she should be able to do so.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    He once did and Quicksilver even joined Magneto’s government on Genosha. That obviously changed at the end of House of M when Magneto loses it and kills Quicksilver and Wanda loses it and depowers mutants en masse.

You now have a Magneto who admits he has been a terrible father and wants to be a better father. So I think
    We will get reconciliation between him and Pietro.
    Could you forgive your killer ? that's a good story ..How did this SON forgive the man who hurt him?
    Yes, he will forever be haunted by this tragedy.

For many survivors of abuse violence, the thought of seeing their attacker again can be very distressing. Victims sometimes cope by focusing on their perpetrator’s loving side and shutting out the abuse, maintaining contact to elicit such affirmative behavior from the abuser. Often, victims may blame themselves for the encounter and convince themselves — or be convinced by the abuser — that an assault was not what they thought it was.
    Pietros Killer or abuser "felt himself as the victim ...Pietro’s a brave Man not letting his dad intimidate him into lying for him.I can't imagine the trauma Pietro suffers with. He is incredibly strong, I admire him Magneto representing himself makes him look like a complete and utter fool.
    Can’t imagine how he’s processing everything .Magnetoe’s still doing everything in his power to intimidate his son. Abusive parents can be so sinister.

baumblume

Last edited by baumblume; 09-25-2021 at 12:29 PM.

baumblume

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes I think it would be nice to see Lorna and Erik work together in this area, maybe during a mission or because they enjoy exchanging works and maybe solve a situation on X-men or Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Well at least Lorna should be able to talk about scientific pursuits with Magneto assuming in a year they remember she should be able to do so.

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

baumblume

baumblume

Magneto puts a ton of pressure on Pietro and treats him very unfairly. He favors Wanda and Lorna heavily over him. The only person Pietro trusts is Wanda and cap.

BANNED

Magneto puts a ton of pressure on Pietro and treats him very unfairly. He favors Wanda and Lorna heavily over him. The only person Pietro trusts is Wanda and cap.
    Unfairly? I’d say it’s way worse than unfairly.

But at least Magneto has admitted to being a terrible father to all of his children so hopefully he and Pietro will reconcile.

Nick Perks line it is drawn