Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1446

By Tcarte21

By Jim Mellow

Polaris, Scarlet Witch and Magneto by Joel Furtado

Magneto and Polaris appear to be finished as father and daughter.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Or not.

If that's the intent, I'm dropping everything Disney again, because it'll be clear the reason is editorial/executives trying to force a direction rather than doing what actually fits the characters and their history.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Or not.

If that's the intent, I'm dropping everything Disney again, because it'll be clear the reason is editorial/executives trying to force a direction rather than doing what actually fits the characters and their history.
    Pretty sure they're just talking about how their relationship has went terribly in TOM. No need to get with the dramatic conspiracy theories about editorial lol.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well Jordan white said they were writting ToM from the perspective of magneto caring about Lorna because he lost Wanda AND Pietro, which Is completely false but thats the pov they are using.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

baumblume

he he just dont Care for his son Magneto never cared about Pietro the way he did Wanda or lorna. he is abuser *******. for Magneto Wanda is the good twin, Pietro is the bad twin.Every time I see this, I literally want to rage. Like **** that, you can’t just label one as good and the other as bad. I love Wanda with all my heart but she is just as flawed as Pietro and isn’t perfect.It’s so sad the way Magneto interacts with Pietro.

baumblume

Pietro has HUGE self esteem issues, but that’s rarely talked about, but the hints you get are of him feeling out of place due to his silver/white hair, he doesn’t look like the other people of his family. Pietro’s albinism was something that had him looking paler skinned/lighter complexation than other people of his Romani Family. So Pietro was always out of place, either in his own family (Django & Marya loved him but I’m speaking of reasons why he might have felt out of place with other Romani kids which is why he clung to Wanda when they were kids more because he didn’t really have friends his own age.

The Avengers is literally the worst place for him to be, the Avengers simply are not a very nurturing or caring team imo, they don’t have connections with Pietro (outside a few members) and they certainly aren’t friends with him. Pietro himself knows he is being used by the Avengers for what he can do for them.

All New X-Factor #12

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Pretty sure they're just talking about how their relationship has went terribly in TOM. No need to get with the dramatic conspiracy theories about editorial lol.
    To add some perspective, I was around when an editor at Marvel was insistent Lorna couldn't be Magneto's daughter, and took his insistence to the point of excluding Lorna from family moments in books he was involved in, and having a House of M portrait replace her with a generic dark-haired character. So the possibility of Marvel trying to either undo or ruin their relationship isn't farfetched to me.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

To add some perspective, I was around when an editor at Marvel was insistent Lorna couldn't be Magneto's daughter, and took his insistence to the point of excluding Lorna from family moments in books he was involved in, and having a House of M portrait replace her with a generic dark-haired character. So the possibility of Marvel trying to either undo or ruin their relationship isn't farfetched to me.

Agreed I had my doubts about this but Jordan kind of confirmed it for me and I am mad like I don´t even know why they come to the conclusion that for Magneto to have any family link to Wanda and Pietro it´s neccesary to take Lorna out of the picture, why keep simple something that´s already more complex than they are trying to paint it as, isnt developing complex stories something marvel aspires to? why break something that it´s good and could give room to more stories? I will never get this pov, I can jsut guess it´s nostalgia talking for them.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

baumblume

pls no,,,,

Yeah I remember reading about this. But I think you're clearly misunderstanding what is just someone commenting on the current issues that shows their relationship going badly. There's no rumor, leak, theory or anything in regards to Lorna's fatherhood being retconned or whatever.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah I remember reading about this. But I think you're clearly misunderstanding what is just someone commenting on the current issues that shows their relationship going badly. There's no rumor, leak, theory or anything in regards to Lorna's fatherhood being retconned or whatever.
    fox don't like her.

baumblume

You know they are gonna to retcon the whole "not magnetos kids" thing, that why this mini exist.

Avengers Forever #1
    By Russell Dauterman.