Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1446

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I disagree her powers have not really been a main point in their relationship or their interactions imo.
    The only time they were not was during Vision and the Scarlet Witch and HoM and HoM was so OOC. I also don't see this need to compete for his affection. He hasn't historically been a great father. His children (regardless of bio related or not) are all great on their own. Their relationships to each other could be more healthy than anything with him.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The only time they were not was during Vision and the Scarlet Witch and HoM and HoM was so OOC. I also don't see this need to compete for his affection. He hasn't historically been a great father. His children (regardless of bio related or not) are all great on their own. Their relationships to each other could be more healthy than anything with him.
    I don´t see the point of competition either and while he´s not been a "great father" he has tried to make up for it or at least been there when there´s a need and it really depends on them if they want to have a relationship with him or not, so far Lorna has been interested and yes they can perfectly have relationships of their own between them, Lorna and Pietro in particular are already great friends from their X-factor days and there´s nothing more to be said about the bonds between Wanda and Pietro, it really depends of them if they also want to have contact with Magneto or not and I think that´s a pretty realist take on their relationship.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

baumblume

They need to bring back Luna.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    They need to bring back Luna.
    This so much I was so excited to see her on FF4 marvel is doing her dirty just because now they want to leave inhumans out of things. I know FF4 fans don´t like much the current run but I am grateful to the writer for showing her there by name and have a good showing of her powers.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

baumblume

“Goodbye, Son. Be good to your sister.”

—Avengers Origins: Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver #1

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    There were one or two other pieces of merch like Marvel Crisis Protocol that made it through the Fox/Marvel dispute years.

None of the pieces of merch had all four core members of the family. It was typically either Wanda and Pietro or on rare occasion Magneto thrown in.

I do think the delay in having any kind of real story like ToM (which lets face it we don't even know will get rid of the retcon) was logistical between Hickman's plans, the MCU's plans, and the COVID lockdowns. Even if ToM doesn't yet get rid of the retcon it will be a green light to the merchandisers not directly under Disney that the Magnus family is now acceptable to merchandise again. As we saw during the Fox/Marvel dispute many merchandisers could, but I think most just decided to avoid doing so in order to prevent potential problems with Marvel.
    I was trying to convey that point in one of my earlier posts, but this is my mentality on the whole situation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    I was trying to convey that point in one of my earlier posts, but this is my mentality on the whole situation as well.
    If they don't get rid of it in Trial of Magneto I still think it comes down within five years. There are three reasons it might not come down now. The first being the story very well might not have ever been planned to take down the retcon. It was planned to be an X-Factor arc then made into a mini. I could see the mini leading into something bigger that leads to the retcon coming down.

Second reason why it might not come down is studio synergy issues. If that is the case its a wait until the MCU is looking at Scarlet Witch in the rear view mirror in their plans. The final reason is internal office politics inside Marvel publishing and if that is that hold up it will still come down in time as office politics changes.

Money has a way of fixing problems in time. There is money to be had in fixing this problem, but there is also money to be had in dragging out the resolution for a little while longer.

Agreed if Leah was interested in a subplot like that for them, then they should have interacted more instead we just have the scene I posted, X of Swords, he nagging her about her drinks as if he wasn´t a heavy drinker himself and the them talking about how much he has been pressuring her. I sigh because there are still three more issues left for Leah to keep bringing down their relationship even if there was little to no panels leading to it and directly contradicts previous characterization.

Agreed and yes I wish would have made built a philosophical relationship between them.
    It could still happen in time. The House of M habitat idea has certainly been very underdeveloped. One of my favorite things about the early Hickman era was his focus on the families and their bonds.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-22-2021 at 05:43 PM.

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

I know there is thing that says Lorna is the favourite but I never understood that. From my reading it was always that Wanda was his favourite. (If he has the capacity for a favourite).
    I would say each relationship he has with each child is vastly different. He straight up just Abuse AND kills Pietro . .Eric calls him urgly ..

I never got the Lorna favourite thing. I think that’s something they have done lately. . Also Lorna never struck me as one who loses sleep over what Magneto thought.

baumblume

Ok so I want to look at these panels of Pietro and Magneto in House of M. I am not a House of M fan but I do think these panels really put a good context my interpretation of Pietro and Magneto’s relationship. Pietro at this point believes the only person that could help is Magneto. His ‘what would you have me do’ and ‘Pietro maybe they’re right’ is not an affirmation that they’re right but a genuine I don’t know what to do.

There’s something about this panel where Pietro even though he doesn’t agree with Magneto’s outlook has the view a child has of their parent ‘they’ll know what to do’. I am 22 and I still think my Mum holds the key to eternal knowledge. Pietro clearly thinks Magneto will know what to do.
    He knows who he is but he still sees him as holder a greater truth, he also views him as the person that has the power to protect his children (the irony is cruel). Eric dont give **** for Pietro , Eric killed his own son.

baumblume

Leah Williams says Trial of Magneto Will Be About More Than the Scarlet Witch's Death.
    give me a dadneto that loves Pietro.

baumblume