Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1446

It's only because he's historically cared about Wanda's power more. Maybe it'll be different this times. But she's usually a means to an end for him.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

So Wanda and Pietro’s “sister” showed up in X-Men #3 today, and I’m not talking about Lorna.
    Instead I’m talking about Luminous.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So Wanda and Pietro’s “sister” showed up in X-Men #3 today, and I’m not talking about Lorna.
    Instead I’m talking about Luminous.
    she is not the sister of Magnetos kids.

baumblume

From TOM #5

He is the Dadneto of The Twins
    Last edited by baumblume; 09-22-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    she is not the sister of Magnetos kids.
    That's just how she was introduced. She is in a genetic sense I guess.

baumblume

not for me..

baumblume

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Yeah, how he approaches and interacts with both is entirely different. Magneto seems to interact with Wanda as if she is his greatest treasure. While with Lorna he acts very stern with her and almost demeaning with, like Lorna said “…brief window of affection and attention.” He gives more of a fatherly tenderness with Wanda than he does Lorna. That’s just how I see those interactions of him picking favorites.
    I agree he does appreciate and loves Wanda a lot but I would not use Leahīs take on Lorna and Erik as a model of their relationship, because itīs a disservice to both their characters and while you are quite right in that heīs a little more demanding of Lorna itīs always after sheīs agreed to it, for example on Genosha she was his general, on Utopia they were fellow X-men and now on Krakoa he was interested in her taking a leadership position but didnīt pressure her when she said she was not interested. So their relationship has way more layers than Leah has shown so far on trial of Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's only because he's historically cared about Wanda's power more. Maybe it'll be different this times. But she's usually a means to an end for him.
    I disagree her powers have not really been a main point in their relationship or their interactions imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-22-2021 at 01:28 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Even Leah wasnīt so bad with them at first, their characterization on ToM came really from nowhere

This is by Hickman on Krakoa:

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-22-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    This is awesome art, thanks baumblume

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    This is by Hickman on Krakoa:

Leah wanted a forcing expectations story with the idea that Magneto was 'breaking her' by forcing on her his expectations and was building to it from the first issue. I felt as a story arc it should have been short and nuanced if they were going to pull it instead of an ongoing saga of Magneto counting Lorna's drinks followed by their relationship imploding like a decaying star turning into a black hole.

Hickman's Lorna and Magneto scenes are the best of the post parentage revel era between them. They weren't perfect, but they were very good. I was particularly impressed at them talking about humanity in House of X #5 which he recently said in an interview was his favorite issue of any he wrote in this era.

Bunn's run badly could have used a more philosophically complicated Lorna having such a scene with Magneto. He instead used Briar, Xorn, and even Jimmy for that.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-22-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Another reason why I'll miss Hickman leaving the Xbooks. Hickman seems to really favor familial bonds he wrote a pretty good Lorna and Magneto interaction in HoX and he was also the one to have the Summer's clan all under one roof. Cyclop's even told Lorna she was family and invited her to live on the moon with them.

I'm afraid those aspects will be lost by other writers who are more invested in cheap drama as we're seeing in ToM (sorry Leah but I don't agree with how you've written Magneto and Lorna's interactions) just something I'm reflecting on.
    I am not going to prejudge how ToM ends. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there isn't some kind of damage control. But, right now they are smashed.

Magneto and Lorna always work well together with a common foe (or project) at least. Maybe one will pop up in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Leah wanted a forcing expectations story with the idea that Magneto was 'breaking her' by forcing on her his expectations and was building to it from the first issue. I felt as a story arc it should have been short and nuanced if they were going to pull it instead of an ongoing saga of Magneto counting Lorna's drinks followed by their relationship imploding like a decaying star turning into a black hole.
    Agreed if Leah was interested in a subplot like that for them, then they should have interacted more instead we just have the scene I posted, X of Swords, he nagging her about her drinks as if he wasnīt a heavy drinker himself and the them talking about how much he has been pressuring her. I sigh because there are still three more issues left for Leah to keep bringing down their relationship even if there was little to no panels leading to it and directly contradicts previous characterization.

Hickman's Lorna and Magneto scenes are the best of the post parentage revel era between them. They weren't perfect, but they were very good. I was particularly impressed at them talking about humanity in House of X #5 which he recently said in an interview was his favorite issue of any he wrote in this era. Bunn's run badly could have used a more philosophically complicated Lorna having such a scene with Magneto. He instead used Briar, Xorn, and even Jimmy for that.
    Agreed and yes I wish would have made built a phylosophical relationship between them.