Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1446
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-26-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I am guessing this cover alone will help to sell out the third issue as well.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am guessing this cover alone will help to sell out the third issue as well.
    The variant covers help pad the overall sales numbers. Usually they don't drive large numbers of readers going to comic stores, but this case it may be different in that the covers have led large numbers of fans to believe the Axis retcon is coming down. Now that might not happen, but the belief it may has been a real factor helping drive sales.

From a Magnus family fan prospective if they get rid of the retcon or not the higher sales will translate to more quality cover art which will be used in more merchandise. It will also mean more family stories in the future. All that I want, but I also don't want casual fans thinking the toxic waste dump that has become Lorna and Magneto is the basis of their relationship.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The variant covers help pad the overall sales numbers. Usually they don't drive large numbers of readers going to comic stores, but this case it may be different in that the covers have led large numbers of fans to believe the Axis retcon is coming down. Now that might not happen, but the belief it may has been a real factor helping drive sales.

From a Magnus family fan prospective if they get rid of the retcon or not the higher sales will translate to more quality cover art which will be used in more merchandise. It will also mean more family stories in the future. All that I want, but I also don't want casual fans thinking the toxic waste dump that has become Lorna and Magneto is the basis of their relationship.
    Agreed this is my main complaint for the series, I am happy the concept for the family sells, itīs just that I hate how badly Leah is doing Lorna and Magneto dynamic.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

My view regarding ToM is that most of its sales power comes from three things.

• Fans wanting Magnus family content badly due to not getting it for so long
    • Fans wanting to read anything with Scarlet Witch in it, especially if it involves the X-Men/mutants
    • Fans wanting to read anything with Magneto in it

In other words, I think things like ToM going back for a second printing say more about the impact of artificial scarcity over time and heightened interest in Wanda content after Wandavision than about ToM itself. Just as the current X-Men comics got a huge sales boost out of Marvel heavily promoting it as a new era after nearly a decade of the franchise being in the doghouse due to Fox owning the film rights.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    My view regarding ToM is that most of its sales power comes from three things.

• Fans wanting Magnus family content badly due to not getting it for so long
    • Fans wanting to read anything with Scarlet Witch in it, especially if it involves the X-Men/mutants
    • Fans wanting to read anything with Magneto in it

In other words, I think things like ToM going back for a second printing say more about the impact of artificial scarcity over time and heightened interest in Wanda content after Wandavision than about ToM itself. Just as the current X-Men comics got a huge sales boost out of Marvel heavily promoting it as a new era after nearly a decade of the franchise being in the doghouse due to Fox owning the film rights.
    I just love Dadneto and his kids
    Fox Peter and Dadneto is so good.
    It’s really frustrating how poorly comics present Dadneto and pietro.

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Lovely pic from a simpler time when these 3 not only got along well, but all 3 were happy.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!