Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Wait so it was a natural birth and then the writers added the demon ****? That was dumb on their part they never even did anything with it..... What was the point?
    It was "pregency through magic energy from New Salem", Mephisto was added by Byrne.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Naturally birthed as in she went through 9 months and child labor and all that.
    There are no lack of magically constructed life in Marvel Universe, if anything Wanda's pregnency is just the magic equivalent of In vitro fertilization, we are talking about a universe where bunch of humanoids have no reproductive isolation what so ever and they just mix species like charm. So yeah, her kids are natural by MU's standards.
    I bought Byrne’s idea that life was a special thing even in a world where magic existed.

And in our world, what is true and inescapable is that nothing is created from nothing: I considered Wanda’s magic as an “rearrangement” of something that was already present.

I suppose I like that comic super-beings have some limits and I don’t like much magic in fiction because of that…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I bought Byrne’s idea that life was a special thing even in a world where magic existed.

And in our world, what is true and inescapable is that nothing is created from nothing: I considered Wanda’s magic as an “rearrangement” of something that was already present.

I suppose I like that comic super-beings have some limits and I don’t like much magic in fiction because of that…
    Byrne's stance was pretty bigoted and flew in the face of the spirit of Wanda and Vision's relationship. Which was always meant to be non-conventional.

I don't understand why magic is considered some jump, when there has always been unusual births in fiction. Even in mythology where Athena sprang fully grown from the forehead of Zeus.

Wanda's powers have limits and are based on the power she's tapping into at the time. Most of the time her power level is rather regular. But she had tapped into the energies of witches during a ceremony and was able to create life.

Again, Byrne's destruction of the children lead to the weirder version that they were mephisto soul babies transplanted into the bodies of boys born to two other families.

The magic way feels more akin to in vetro fertilization.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Some new from Keving Feige and WandaVision

"The title of the next Doctor Strange movie is Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, so that is our biggest clue that that movie will embrace the Multiverse and the madness therein, very directly," Feige teased. "There are, as we always like to do, connections before and after that, which will remain to be seen and discovered. But it seemed appropriate that it would be Doctor Strange that takes that on in the most direct way."

The Marvel Studios boss was also asked about the possibility of Quicksilver and Magneto showing up, but Feige wasn't willing to give much away.

"[Wanda's] got a lot of family members in the comics," he noted. "This is more about that relationship with Vision, and more about that dynamic and the evolving relationship of that couple, and how that grows and evolves and unfolds."

Pressed for answers on "other family members," Feige would only say, with a smile, that "There are other characters in other episodes of this show. Who they are, what they are, not worth discussing right now."
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/docto...1853#gs.rh31ns
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I wonder, in retrospect, would it have be "better" if Wanda turned Vision human for a few hours or days than to make herself pregnant? I feel because of the comic code Marvel couldn't state that Vision had, let's say climaxed inside her and she simply made that synthetic "load" biological. I mean, if he can cry, he can... you get what I'm saying.

I'm probably not making any sense. I simply hated that Byrne got rid of her kids. But I also didn't like that Wanda getting pregnant because its magic without saying what Vision's role was.

Maybe I answered my own question with head cannon and she did change Vision's "gift" from synthetic to biological. I just wonder before the recon, what would the twins DNA look like. Would it just have Wanda's lineage?
    Whatever... it doesn't matter. Tommy and Billy are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I wonder, in retrospect, would it have be "better" if Wanda turned Vision human for a few hours or days than to make herself pregnant? I feel because of the comic code Marvel couldn't state that Vision had, let's say climaxed inside her and she simply made that synthetic "load" biological. I mean, if he can cry, he can... you get what I'm saying.

I'm probably not making any sense. I simply hated that Byrne got rid of her kids. But I also didn't like that Wanda getting pregnant because its magic without saying what Vision's role was.

Maybe I answered my own question with head cannon and she did change Vision's "gift" from synthetic to biological. I just wonder before the recon, what would the twins DNA look like. Would it just have Wanda's lineage?
    Whatever... it doesn't matter. Tommy and Billy are back.
    It showed Vision's role on panel at the time of the spell. Just like it had used the essences of witches, it used both of their's as well.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Tommy just landed on Krakoa to talk to David (and do other stuff (you know what I mean)) in the preview for X-Factor #7

I hope he meets Lorna and Magneto while he´s there, it will be interesting to see what he thinks of Krakoa
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

They are not created from nothing, they are created from New Salem's mystical energy.
    Just so you know, there are life forms made of pure magical energy in MU, like Faltine, Dormammu and Umar are special cases that can have a physical form.
    Also creating life from energy is nothing big in MU, basically Earth gods(Thor, Odin, Herc, etc) are all lifeforms that are originally the recycled lifeforce of dead Elder Gods. And also MU is not a sci-fi universe, even if we get rid of the magic, there are still bunch of pseudo-science stuff that is basically magic without saying it's magic.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-30-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of the gods, if the retcon is ever undone and/or Wiccan ever does become the Demiurge; the Magnus family tree becomes hella complicated

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    When they were young and full of hope of a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    When they were young and full of hope of a better future.
    Only Jessica and Luke remains well.

Jean and Scott counts? they added Emma and Logan to the mix that kinda cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Speaking of the gods, if the retcon is ever undone and/or Wiccan ever does become the Demiurge; the Magnus family tree becomes hella complicated
    Yes that would add a lot of complications to the family with Gaia, Set, Chton and Oshtur.

I have a theory the family may be avatars for some of those forces, some taking after Gaia,so they have Earth based/ magnetic powers Magneto and Polaris, some after Chton chaos magic, Wanda, the demiusge Billy and some take after Osthtur who is capable of traveling through space and between dimensions, Speed and Quicksilver. I also like how they are the result of science(X-Gen) and magic interacting together.

[[The Elder Gods of Earth,
    originated from the Demiurge's visit to Earth|The Elder Gods of Earth,
    originated from the Demiurge's visit to Earth]]
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus
    Only Jessica and Luke remains well.

Jean and Scott counts? they added Emma and Logan to the mix that kinda cheating.
    Agreed I would like more for Emma and Logan to move on or Jean and Scott talking about why they broke up in the first place imo it was not only the cheating, Phoenix and their dificulties with talking about their issues also had a hand in that so they can avoid it in the future.

Jessica and Luke last because they at least discuss their issues openly and don´t expect the other to just understand them without talking.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-30-2021 at 06:37 PM.