Page 41 of 97 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    That’s not Ewing’s style. I’d wager Wanda’s probably going to remain an enchanted baseline seeing as there’s a lot of focus on her magic stuff (which includes the scarlet witch mantle)
    She could still be mutant/witch it could just be explained when she did Decimation she basically retcon herself to severe any connection she had with Magneto.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    She could still be mutant/witch it could just be explained when she did Decimation she basically retcon herself to severe any connection she had with Magneto.
    Wouldn't even need to be explained. In otherworld mutants are called witchbreed and their powers work in a more magical nature. Wanda just more gifted and well trained.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Family’s picture time

i think this the first time we see all of them together in official art

Two reality warpers, two speedsters and two masters of magnestism.

I read the issue of SWORD today and without getting into spoilers I will say it was very touching and well done.

Nice art. I hope any slow return of the Magnus family is deftly handled and very successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i think this the first time we see all of them together in official art

Two reality warpers, two speedsters and two masters of magnestism.
    For regular universe comics that is true. There were a few House of M comics that had group shots, but not many.

Though its been odd how little House of M merch there has been, no posters and the like which I have to think was caused by the studio issues. Its been fans across the internet resurrecting interest in the House of M and its minis this past year and directing them to read the old House of M minis which in turn caused the media to take notice and do the same which spread globally.

Oh, and WWE wrestler takes on an altered version of a certain Magnus family symbol into the ring.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-23-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

spoilers:
    I just finished reading SWORD. I can’t pretend I didn’t get misty-eyed reading those last panels. Wanda saying the Pretender doesn’t get to sit at the feast broke my heart. Magneto speaking about Anya and wanting to make everything right healed it (a little).

And I absolutely agree with Paibok: her defamation is an insult. I can’t wait to see Exodus forced to choke on his words.
    end of spoilers

Why is Luna excluded from the family photo??

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Why is Luna excluded from the family photo??
    Because the Inhumans are currently in the doghouse since the push failed, and a perennial disinterest by most towards her existence. It’s a shame, because she was there from the day Magneto first declared his fatherhood of the twins.

0E35AC2E-1807-462B-9B15-C6A874D4DE1F.jpg

But maybe somewhere down the line there will be a scene of Luna and her grandfather reuniting. Ewing seems like the type to take an interest in her now that she’s getting older and little more skilled with her abilities.

Glad to see hintings of a family revival, and especially that Lorna isn't excluded this time as has happened far too often in the past decade.

I would prefer Lorna wearing first her more iconic costume (same as how everyone else is wearing theirs), or secondly her X-Men team costume. But I recognize it's a variant cover, that Williams going off of X-Factor might want the X-Factor costume, and most importantly (to me) we have Lorna on the main flagship book and the circumstances that led to her getting there.

I'm also struck by how a lot of X-Factor fans on social media thought Lorna was being "taken away from" X-Factor, but it seems pretty apparent to me that she's going to be involved in the trial as part of X-Factor given she's on two covers wearing X-Factor's uniform.

I agree that Luna should be there. Hopefully at some point the Inhumans franchise is out of the "doghouse," or at least she gets an exception.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Marvel is just teasing you here. They are not going to revive the family. They don't care about family.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

This was truly a great day for the family, I almost screamed when I read S.W.O.R.D #6 Al Ewing a Schiti are great, loved this issue from beggining to end, from Abiagail talk with other galactic empyres, Storm confrontation with Doom but this moment I truly didn´t expect, I didn´t see him inviting her to the Gala and it was so nice to see them talk again and agreeing in seeing each other as family, this was great.

You are my daughter, Wanda. You will always be my daughter. And I will do what I must to make things right.

Edit by kwannon
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-23-2021 at 12:04 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Family’s picture time

Beatiful art it´s so nice to see them united again, I didn´t expect "The trial of Magneto" to involve his family and this makes so much sense given Krakoa´s thoughts on Wanda and we still need to see Polaris reaction to Magneto wish to defend Wanda´s situatio on Krakoa, just grat story potential. I just hope they add Luna sometime soon, she recently was on Fantastic Four and it was great.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

There is some anxiety from me that Marvel may not reverse the retcon, but there's too much going on to suggest that it will at least be brought up again. Given how much Marvel had been trying to ignore it, and just tried pretending Magneto was never the twin's father, I feel like it wouldn't be brought up unless they are going to do something big with it. Something like retconning it may be, hopefully?

At the very least, it does seem like what Magneto said in SWORD may be the new status quo going forward - i.e. that Magneto will be a father figure to the twins, maybe even adopting them, but they won't be bio-related. Though in my opinion, that would be kind of dumb. At that point, they should just retcon it back to being what it was. The only reason why I could see them going the father-figure route is that, for whatever reason, the upper management of Marvel still doesn't want Wanda and Pietro to be mutants and related to Magneto, so the writers had to go with the father-figure role instead.

Either way, I'm so excited for what comes next now. I have been literally begging Marvel for years to undo the retcon, especially now that Marvel Studios owns the rights to the X-Men. To keep my word, I may have to go out of my way to buy a physical copy of the latest issue of SWORD just to support this new development. It was such gratifying moment too, very cathartic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    This was truly a great day for the family, I almost screamed when I read S.W.O.R.D #6 Al Ewing a Schiti are great, loved this issue from beggining to end, from Abiagail talk with other galactic empyres, Storm confrontation with Doom but this moment I truly didn´t expect, I didn´t see him inviting her to the Gala and it was so nice to see them talk again and agreeing in seeing each other as family, this was great.

You are my daughter, Wanda. You will always be my daughter. And I will do what I must to make things right.

Edit by kwannon
    Get your baby...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

Edit by kwannon
    I’ve had a running theory that the revelation of her and Pietro not being Magneto’s children could actually be very easily be revealed to have been a lie. The initial thing that had kicked off the whole thing had been Wanda had cast a spell to strike down her family back when she was inverted in AXIS and Magneto wasn’t affected. Well given that magic isn’t absolute science and is at least partially about feeling and emotion, what if Magneto hadn’t been affected because Wanda in that time didn’t wish to think of him as her family? After all, inversion aside, just prior to Red Onslaught, Wanda had had an emotional break with him that his rage would always win out over his love for her when he killed Red Skull’s U-Men and crushed his head. Plus when they went to Counter-Earth, Vision found something out about Wanda that he kept from her due to him feeling the information would hurt her in that moment. That revelation was never revealed to the reader. Perhaps with this reconciliation (he even notes her having similar eyes to Anya), things would ring differently. Hell for absolute proof, they could even compare their DNA. Has anyone ever done that?
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-23-2021 at 06:12 PM.

Spectacular Member

The more I think about it, it can't be a coincidence that September's Solicitations came out the same day as the latest issue of SWORD, right? Like, what are the odds that the latest issue of SWORD would focus on a reunion with Magneto and Scarlet Witch, and then reveal one of the variants for Trial of Magneto to be the classic lineup of House of M. There has to be a correlation, like, Magneto's family tree (both bio and not) are definitely going to have a role in this upcoming mini. I'm hoping it's not circumstantial.