Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes at the time I thought Morrison and Austen made a soft retcon because otherwise I could not see Lorna coming back but at the same time it made sense because she was personally invested in making Genosha a good place for mutants and humans and not just on her getting better control of her powers or for Havok and her being curious about her real relationship with Magneto was also a good reason to come back.

I would not mind to see them interact this way again, because I think it´s the best balance between each other but first I suppose writers need to recognize they had this relationship previous to them finding out they are father and daughter. So far I liked a lot the art from X-men #1 so I hope Duggan brings some of Lorna´s and Magneto´s Genosha story.
    Yes, they actually functioned much better when writers weren't trying to force more blog standard father-daughter dynamics into their relationship. It worked when Magneto wanted a right hand adviser and perhaps a heir to the island and Lorna wanted a mentor... and both wanted to help the people of Genosha. Some of Bunn's father/daughter stuff was good, but Blue badly needed Lorna and Magneto discussing deeper issues.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-02-2021 at 09:02 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Yes, they actually functioned much better when writers weren't trying to force more blog standard father-daughter dynamics into their relationship. It worked when Magneto wanted a right hand adviser and perhaps a heir to the island and Lorna wanted a mentor... and both wanted to help the people of Genosha. Some of Bunn's father/daughter stuff was good, but Blue badly needed Lorna and Magneto discussing deeper issues.
    Yes they are not your regular father/daughter duo and Lorna is not Wanda and Pietro either, they have their own relationship, they meet halfway by mutual interest and went from there to develop a deeper relationship in which they shared objectives if not the methods and the wish for a good future for Genosha at the time and now Krakoa. Forcing them into a relationship where he acts as the overbearing father to his meek daughter doesn´t make sense at all for two people who had to deal with a civil war for months together and also the complete destruction of everything they fought for, as well as their own personal relationship and the care they have for the other, they need to talk about Genosha(mostly how they survived), about what they hope to do for Krakoa so it doesn´t end the way Genosha did, I could even see them sharing experiences with the X-men/X-factor and the Quiet Council. I don´t think this would be hard to do, just a regular meeting between them would be enough or just make some comments everytime they meet, this is a father daughter duo who don´t need to interact all the time or tell each other, I love you, I care about you, or I hate your boyfriend(Alex)/girlfriend(Briar) for them to be a family and that´s something I honestly find refreshing about them, marvel trying to force them into the tired mold of overbearing father and dutiful daughter is just a waste of their potential imo.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I posted some new Polaris fanart on the Polaris thread, but I found this while looking around online and felt reposting it is apt.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Nobody thinks it's kinda weird that Magneto and Wanda are representing a Catholic artwork? As The Virgin Mary and Jesus no less...
    I do… However Marvel has recycled a lot of religious representations and myths…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

I mean it's not the first time.
    And it's usually Death herself doing this pose with the dying hero, starting from Mar-Vell.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean it's not the first time.
    And it's usually Death herself doing this pose with the dying hero, starting from Mar-Vell.
    But Captain Marvel remained dead, it’s a little more appropriate and Magneto is far from being saint in any way…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    But Captain Marvel remained dead, it’s a little more appropriate and Magneto is far from being saint in any way…
    She also did this pose with Wolverine.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Some art for Lorna and Magneto by Larraz and Schiti from X-men #1 and Inferno:

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I was re-reading X-Men 51-52 today. Though retconned to hell and back the first iteration of their interaction did have a long term impact.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-06-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I can't see The Trail ending without Wanda being resurrected by The Five. That's definitely a decision that would "divide" Krakoa.

One thing worth mentioning here is that reviving Wanda by the same process as mutants would be a bit more complicated or have graver implications. If Xavier believed Wanda was no longer a mutant, and he cut off keeping backups for her once she was "revealed" not to be, then the revived Wanda would be as if nothing post-Axis happened. Unless something is done where they just create her body for her soul up to present to inhabit. If Xavier believed she was a mutant and kept up-to-date backups, it raises a lot of questions about why he let the "Pretender" talk keep going. And if he kept making backups in spite of Wanda not being a mutant, her resurrection would raise huge global concerns about mutants being dangerous again. They could kill any human, resurrect them and compromise them.

In short, it wouldn't be as simple as "there's a backup for her." It'd raise a lot of questions in-universe no matter how resurrecting her by Krakoa's method happens.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    One thing worth mentioning here is that reviving Wanda by the same process as mutants would be a bit more complicated or have graver implications. If Xavier believed Wanda was no longer a mutant, and he cut off keeping backups for her once she was "revealed" not to be, then the revived Wanda would be as if nothing post-Axis happened. Unless something is done where they just create her body for her soul up to present to inhabit. If Xavier believed she was a mutant and kept up-to-date backups, it raises a lot of questions about why he let the "Pretender" talk keep going. And if he kept making backups in spite of Wanda not being a mutant, her resurrection would raise huge global concerns about mutants being dangerous again. They could kill any human, resurrect them and compromise them.

In short, it wouldn't be as simple as "there's a backup for her." It'd raise a lot of questions in-universe no matter how resurrecting her by Krakoa's method happens.
    Which, in fairness, could speculatively be what the Trail of Magneto will be about.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I do… However Marvel has recycled a lot of religious representations and myths…
    Yeah, the image of the Pieta was also used on an Infamous Iron Man by Alex Maleev....and Doom wasn't even dead

I believe Hickman invented the Pretender mythology just so he could discredit it later when the Maximoffs were revealed to be mutants all along. Once the Pretender myth is exposed, people will start questioning other aspects of Krakoa.