Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1446

Do you think that the X-Men cartoon revival will develop Magneto's relationship with the Maximoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Do you think that the X-Men cartoon revival will develop Magneto's relationship with the Maximoffs?
    No idea.

The twins were tertiary protagonists in TAS and reveled to be related to Magneto toward the end of the series. Lorna was a tertiary protagonist in TAS as well with her parentage unknown.

In X-Men Evo the twins were primary antagonists. Lorna wasn’t in Evo. It was in the 1999-2005 time frame the idea of the Magnus family as a unit started taking root. In WATXM Wanda, Pietro, and Lorna were all primary antagonists.

I think Magnus family fans should keep an open mind with the series, but I think going how the final season of TAS left off and the lack of history between them it’s difficult for me to envision a Magnus family working.

The main X-Men cast being filled and Magneto being so much a reformed hero or antihero also presents a major problem for the Magnus family. The honorable antagonist role like WATXM or Evo is really where one wants a character to be if you want screen time for a character and they can’t make the core cast.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-12-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Seems like it's new episodes with the 90s X-Men so it might just focus on the main team. During that era was when Wanda and Pietro had just been made Mags' kids. So there wasn't a lot of material there. Just the reveal that the Whizzer was not the real father.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Seems like it's new episodes with the 90s X-Men so it might just focus on the main team. During that era was when Wanda and Pietro had just been made Mags' kids. So there wasn't a lot of material there. Just the reveal that the Whizzer was not the real father.
    I am going to keep an open mind. TAS really did the mutant/human conflict/metaphor best of any of the animated series.

But, there are three things that make anything significant family related not likely in X-Men TAS and all of them also make it not likely for Magneto's kids to end up with a good role as they had in the last animated series.

1. The biggest factor is Magneto isn't the big bad of the series. He isn't a faction leader either like the other two animated series at this point. He is the X-Men's a little bit morally ambiguous white haired mentor. Magneto as the big bad as he was in WATXM and Evo provides a team and bandwidth for his kids.

2. The twins just learned their parentage and have no other history with Magneto in this universe. Lorna has no history with him either and isn't even related at this point. Not that can't be easily fixed, but them building a nation together was the foundation of their relationship not a DnA test. Adapting Lorna into Magneto's story without some big project that Lorna and Magneto share won't go well.

3. Magneto is in perfect 1980s Claremontian hero form by the late/end of the show. Marvel doesn't like any of his kids to ever be more activist then him even when he has given up activism. This hurts Lorna the most because the character is poor when she isn't allowed any mutant activist credibility. Magneto's kids have to have a reason to have a real difference of opinion with the X-Men if they are going to be more then very rarely appearing protagonists.

There are ways to shake all of this up, but its not as easy as it sounds.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-13-2021 at 08:56 AM.

IMG_7509.jpg
    Trial Variant #5

Astonishing Member

I appreciate that this is the Magnus family thread, and that all mutants are hive mind these days whenever the Avengers are on screen with them, but this is straining credulity

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

What do you mean? If itīs for the ToM cover some fans already said itīs more symbolic than anything and given the previous issues, I donīt think this was really a Magnus family story.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    What do you mean? If itīs for the ToM cover some fans already said itīs more symbolic than anything and given the previous issues, I donīt think this was really a Magnus family story.
    I would think it was symbolic of Wanda's struggle between her family and the Avengers (the one that has never benefited Wanda in the slightest) if Wolverine wasn't present. That makes it look like an Avengers vs X-Men fight, in which Billy and Tommy pick a side

and curiously, Pietro's noticeable by his absence

Something is up with Pietro we just don’t know what yet.

While I would enjoy a big Magnus family and Avengers throw down it’s not likely. At this point I am just hoping they move the ball forward with Wanda and avoid any more damage to Lorna and Mags.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-22-2021 at 06:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I would think it was symbolic of Wanda's struggle between her family and the Avengers (the one that has never benefited Wanda in the slightest) if Wolverine wasn't present. That makes it look like an Avengers vs X-Men fight, in which Billy and Tommy pick a side

and curiously, Pietro's noticeable by his absence
    Yeah, are you saying most of her life experience is pointless then? Jeez, there is no struggle between her family and Avengers, Avengers are her chosen family.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 11-22-2021 at 02:50 AM.

How do we get to the point where people convince themselves that a team that has had most of Wanda's comics material, all of her relationships, all of her progression never benefited her in the slighest?

Her family is the Maximoffs. No matter what retcons happen. They are the ones who raised her and gave her love and support. Through all the retcons.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    How do we get to the point where people convince themselves that a team that has had most of Wanda's comics material, all of her relationships, all of her progression never benefited her in the slighest?

Her family is the Maximoffs. No matter what retcons happen. They are the ones who raised her and gave her love and support. Through all the retcons.
    To be fair the most recent retcon more of reestablished the full on blood connection to the Maximoff line, and revealed their aunt/step-mom is actually alive.

The HOM dynamic pleases people always has I see why too between Magneto, Lorna, Wanda & Billy they could conquer the entire 616, people like the family connection it just is what it is Marvel knows this they got Pietro calling Mags dad & sh*t in Dark Ages if Wanda wasn't dead she probably would too.