Page 43 of 97 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well then itīs just a matter of taste there are people who enjoy them as a family and there are people who donīt like it, still marvel seems to be making stories for both with Sword on one side and Darkhold on another so I donīt think it will be a problem, they just need to use Wanda more in general be it with the Avengers on the magical side or elsewhere.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    X-MEN #3
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON
    TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    EVOLUTION IS THE ENEMY!
    The X-Men are no strangers to being targeted for their genes…but when the High Evolutionary returns with his brand of unnatural selection, the survival of the whole planet is at stake!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

The High Evolutionary told the Maximoffs that they were not mutants. Will this story reveal that what he said was a lie?
    Vision himself probably knows he was lying it's that big unaddressed secret that he never told Wanda cause Remender got fired or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well then itīs just a matter of taste there are people who enjoy them as a family and there are people who donīt like it, still marvel seems to be making stories for both so I donīt think it will be a problem.
    Well see. We don't know what they are doing exactly. Just that it has these characters involved on the covers. And that's been deceptive for Wanda's inclusion in actual stories forever now.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well right now the timeline is confusing but I am sure once we get closer to September we will know more about whatīs happening. It would be good to ask someone at marvel if they have plans for Wanda after Darkhold is done. I hope so because we will be seeing MoM so interest for her will grow again by that date.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-24-2021 at 11:06 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Itīs a possibility but so far appart from Lorna, no other member of the family will make an appareance on X-men #3 but I could see Evolutionary making a reference to this.
    We won't really know what's in X-Men #3 until it's released, though. I don't think anyone expected the scene between Wanda and Magneto that was in SWORD this week until it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The thing is they never did. Which is why there was 30 years of nothing done with the relationship to Mags. Other than the occasional appearance. They don't coexist. There are people celebrating him as a father figure. When he wasn't that. He didn't even become her father until she was an adult. It just consists of so much fanon.
    This kind of implies it's impossible for a parent to be a parent to their child if they didn't have a chance to raise the child. I get what you're saying about how the people who raised them shouldn't be treated like they don't matter, and I agree. But that's different from saying "Not being around when your kid was growing up means you're never allowed to be their parent." This would also suggest that Lorna shouldn't be acknowledged as Magneto's daughter. And I'm sure it would affect other characters too (e.g. the Summers brothers).
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    We won't really know what's in X-Men #3 until it's released, though. I don't think anyone expected the scene between Wanda and Magneto that was in SWORD this week until it happened.

This kind of implies it's impossible for a parent to be a parent to their child if they didn't have a chance to raise the child. I get what you're saying about how the people who raised them shouldn't be treated like they don't matter, and I agree. But that's different from saying "Not being around when your kid was growing up means you're never allowed to be their parent." This would also suggest that Lorna shouldn't be acknowledged as Magneto's daughter. And I'm sure it would affect other characters too (e.g. the Summers brothers).
    I'm not blaming Magneto for not being there. I'm saying he's not the father figure people paint him as. Because he was made her father when she was an adult, and she didn't have much to do with him. Canonwise, there was nothing there to make him her father figure. Her father figure was Django.

BANNED

I'd say the numerous counts of abuse he's committed against Wanda and Pietro means he shouldn't be a parent.
    Along with the mass murder, and supremacy, the fact he was absent from their lives for decades is just the cherry on top by that point.

Incredible Member

Also, Magneto did raise Wanda unlike Lorna. He didn't do it well, but he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Also, Magneto did raise Wanda unlike Lorna. He didn't do it well, but he did.
    He did not raise Wanda. He wasn't even her father until she was an adult. And did not meet her until she was a teenager. She was raised by Marya and Django Maximoff.

I'm not blaming Magneto for not being there. I'm saying he's not the father figure people paint him as. Because he was made her father when she was an adult, and she didn't have much to do with him. Canonwise, there was nothing there to make him her father figure. Her father figure was Django.
    I think "Django has more father figure history than Magneto does, so you'd expect her to have more emotional connection to him" is a fair point. But I don't think that history between Wanda and Django, and Magneto not getting to have the same with Wanda when she was younger, is enough to discount Magneto as a father figure.

I think a lot of Magnus family fandom that delves into ideas of the twins and Lorna as kids being raised by Magneto isn't ignoring canon. It's exploring what could have been but wasn't, and a little of how their dynamics could work as adults. Possibly some musings of AU scenarios for the family too. 616 continuity may be the "main" continuity, but it's not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    I'd say the numerous counts of abuse he's committed against Wanda and Pietro means he shouldn't be a parent.
    Along with the mass murder, and supremacy, the fact he was absent from their lives for decades is just the cherry on top by that point.
    That's a different kind of argument from the one I was addressing. Whether or not he's fit to be a parent is a different question from if a parent counts as a parent if they didn't get to know their child until the child was an adult.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Incredible Member

He did not raise Wanda. He wasn't even her father until she was an adult. And did not meet her until she was a teenager. She was raised by Marya and Django Maximoff.
    Raising her from when she was 13-18 or whatever counts as raising her.

I think "Django has more father figure history than Magneto does, so you'd expect her to have more emotional connection to him" is a fair point. But I don't think that history between Wanda and Django, and Magneto not getting to have the same with Wanda when she was younger, is enough to discount Magneto as a father figure.

I think a lot of Magnus family fandom that delves into ideas of the twins and Lorna as kids being raised by Magneto isn't ignoring canon. It's exploring what could have been but wasn't, and a little of how their dynamics could work as adults. Possibly some musings of AU scenarios for the family too. 616 continuity may be the "main" continuity, but it's not the only one.

That's a different kind of argument from the one I was addressing. Whether or not he's fit to be a parent is a different question from if a parent counts as a parent if they didn't get to know their child until the child was an adult.
    He didn't have anything with Wanda when she was younger. She was a teen when he met her and his only interest in her was her being on his team for her power. He did not even once act as a father figure.

Wanda was married when Mags barged in and said he was her father. After that wasn't much. And anytime he showed up it ended in manipulation or some other negative. Also not any examples of father figure.

The only one you could say he was any sort of father figure in was HoM and that was such a departure from canon that it was shocking. Not only that but it ended with him murdering Pietro, so there goes that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Raising her from when she was 13-18 or whatever counts as raising her.
    He did not raise her. It was a few years before she'd be of legal age roughly and he just treated her as another member of the Brotherhood and abused and manipulated her and Pietro. He was not a father figure during any of it. Where does this fanon come from?

The only one you could say he was any sort of father figure in was HoM and that was such a departure from canon that it was shocking. Not only that but it ended with him murdering Pietro, so there goes that.
    He had a good loving relationship with Wanda in the "Age of Apocalypse" timeline as well.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    He had a good loving relationship with Wanda in the "Age of Apocalypse" timeline as well.
    That's not main canon though, lol. And that Wanda died immediately.