Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I would imagine that, seeing as the orders will be coming down from in high to put House of M to bed* soonish, is not already; it stands to reason that the X-Books will be the chosen avenue to shamelessly try leverage Wanda now that her shows done so well

And since they decided to remember Thanos’ ties to the Eternals to try signal boost them, can’t see them not capitalising on the Magnus family drama

* or at least give a catchy tune to a montage of the last 15 years of x-misery
    Agreed lest hope this show brings something good for Wanda, Pietro and the rest of the family in the comics. I am still curious to see if Steve Orlando Darkhold has Wandavision spoilers and thatīs why itīs been pushed back so much, from what I have seen in art, itīs going to be a really good story and a continuation to Childrenīs Crusade
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

With people getting drawn into House of M due to Wandavision, and the show being heavily focused on Wanda, the comics may try to be much more careful in how they approach the topic for Wanda than pre-Wandavision. Assuming they touch on it. They don't have just the new interest to deal with. They also have the upper echelons of Disney closely scrutinizing what they do at this point, because a really bad event in the comics can kill the buzz and PR momentum they're getting out of Wandavision - even among people who will never read a single issue.

The biggest question for me is if Marvel would be respectful to both Lorna and the source material and include Lorna. Marvel from Children's Crusade to Axis on the Avengers side wasn't. Marvel from Secret Wars in 2015 was. But Marvel of post-2015 has spent each passing year increasingly marginalizing Lorna to a point where it's not hard for me to believe they'd cut her out like they did with a House of M portrait in Children's Crusade.

We can't say Lorna being Magneto's daughter guarantees a proper role for her because it hasn't meant that for anything published by the X-Men office these past 2 years. Marvel's also been quite comfortable with erasing Lorna from the Genoshan genocide, and if not even living through a genocide as Genosha's sovereign princess is enough, it's hard for me to believe this would be.

But then, that just means calling attention to it if an HoM style story is done and Lorna's not included.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    With people getting drawn into House of M due to Wandavision, and the show being heavily focused on Wanda, the comics may try to be much more careful in how they approach the topic for Wanda than pre-Wandavision. Assuming they touch on it. They don't have just the new interest to deal with. They also have the upper echelons of Disney closely scrutinizing what they do at this point, because a really bad event in the comics can kill the buzz and PR momentum they're getting out of Wandavision - even among people who will never read a single issue.

The biggest question for me is if Marvel would be respectful to both Lorna and the source material and include Lorna. Marvel from Children's Crusade to Axis on the Avengers side wasn't. Marvel from Secret Wars in 2015 was. But Marvel of post-2015 has spent each passing year increasingly marginalizing Lorna to a point where it's not hard for me to believe they'd cut her out like they did with a House of M portrait in Children's Crusade.

We can't say Lorna being Magneto's daughter guarantees a proper role for her because it hasn't meant that for anything published by the X-Men office these past 2 years. Marvel's also been quite comfortable with erasing Lorna from the Genoshan genocide, and if not even living through a genocide as Genosha's sovereign princess is enough, it's hard for me to believe this would be.

But then, that just means calling attention to it if an HoM style story is done and Lorna's not included.
    They need to get Wanda and Pietro back in comics first. But really at this point for the comics characters, they squandered any chance at handling that story better. To the point where they beat it to death doing anything but undoing what happened to mutants. And I just don't count AvX as a good undoing. Because it just created new mutants.

I don't know what they'd do with Wanda to bring her more in line with her MCU counterpart, or even if they are interested. Maybe Darkhold Alpha was that, spoilers:
    if the book in WandaVision is the Darkhold
    end of spoilers. She, Pietro and Vision seem to be the only ones the comics do not want to bank off of because of their MCU popularity spoilers:
    (I know Peter is likely not really him, but it'd be nice if anything brought Pietro back to comics).
    end of spoilers They might just ignore it. They seem to be good at doing that so far.

And the next time we'll likely see Wanda in the MCU after her show is in a whole year. So there might only be Heroes Reborn and Darkhold Alpha for her. If they do anything else, it'll probably be to have her in something else with Doctor Strange maybe. But even that is being probably too hopeful.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They need to get Wanda and Pietro back in comics first. But really at this point for the comics characters, they squandered any chance at handling that story better. To the point where they beat it to death doing anything but undoing what happened to mutants. And I just don't count AvX as a good undoing. Because it just created new mutants.

I don't know what they'd do with Wanda to bring her more in line with her MCU counterpart, or even if they are interested. Maybe Darkhold Alpha was that, spoilers:
    if the book in WandaVision is the Darkhold
    end of spoilers. She, Pietro and Vision seem to be the only ones the comics do not want to bank off of because of their MCU popularity spoilers:
    (I know Peter is likely not really him, but it'd be nice if anything brought Pietro back to comics).
    end of spoilers They might just ignore it. They seem to be good at doing that so far.

And the next time we'll likely see Wanda in the MCU after her show is in a whole year. So there might only be Heroes Reborn and Darkhold Alpha for her. If they do anything else, it'll probably be to have her in something else with Doctor Strange maybe. But even that is being probably too hopeful.
    I haven't been aware of Wanda and Pietro not being in comics (aside from Wanda in Empyre), but I agree they need to be in comics more.

I don't think it's really possible for a bunch of failed/bad attempts to make a story completely unusable, except for maybe extreme cases. When I say that, I mean involving racism, misogyny, etc. But, I think a ton of failed/bad attempts could mean a story needs to be given a rest for a while, and other things need to be done first. Which has been my attitude about the idea of Havok anywhere near Polaris. I haven't said Havok must never be near Lorna for the rest of time, only til Lorna gets enough respect, use and focus in her own right to repair decades of damage and therefore get treated right when written around Havok. Which, Marvel has refused to do, so seems like I might functionally be saying Havok must stay away from Lorna for the rest of time anyway, but still.

You hit on a good point about why AvX doesn't count - that it just created new mutants. It didn't address any of the real problems. It didn't try to resolve any of the emotional complications embedded deep in what House of M did both to Wanda and to X-Men, and audience feelings about them. It just tried to put a band-aid over the most superficial problem - not being able to make new mutants - and acted like that was sufficient. Like covering up a gun shot wound but leaving the bullet in there to fester and create more of an infection, wanting to pretend the wound was caused by a shallow cut rather than a bullet cause it's easier.

That's why I think it does still need to be addressed, regardless of any desires to profit off of Wandavision or anything. Whether it's addressed now or 5 years from now or 10 years or whenever is best.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member

I do wonder if Disney does order Wanda rehabilitated ASAP (since there’s nothing else for a year), is editorial’s open apathy to Wanda & Vision mean they’ll pass the buck in that to Hickman/the X-Books

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I do wonder if Disney does order Wanda rehabilitated ASAP (since there’s nothing else for a year), is editorial’s open apathy to Wanda & Vision mean they’ll pass the buck in that to Hickman/the X-Books
    after franklin, don't be shocked if hickman and co simply won't bother with a character that can be retconed by whoever gets the avengers or even aaron himself

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    after franklin, don't be shocked if hickman and co simply won't bother with a character that can be retconed by whoever gets the avengers or even aaron himself
    Franklin needed to be retconned, and thereīs a reason Iīm going to say it. Who is Xavier to insist that someone let their child live on Krakoa? That didnīt sit well with me. It was overreach. Besides, theyīre going to do the Fantastic Four movie and itīs likely just easier and better to keep him with the FF as he was always from the moment of his conception a FF character and NEVER had ties to the X-Men. Ever. Of course he was a mutant in an era in which mutant was not synonymous with X-Man. But I have no problem with his retcon. But even if I did, itīs not like Feige would give a crap. Heīs proven he can make Disney a lot of money, so he doesnīt need our input.

As for Hickman and the Maximoff family, Hickman and the X-office are professionals. You cannot take corporate directives personally. We have to see the final two episodes of WandaVision to know, but basically if Disney corporate likes the idea of doing films with Magneto as the father of Wanda, Pietro, and Lorna we will get that representation in all media as Feige has completely control of all Marvel properties now. Itīs all money, and it has nothing to do with what an individual may like or dislike.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Franklin needed to be retconned, and thereīs a reason Iīm going to say it. Who is Xavier to insist that someone let their child live on Krakoa? That didnīt sit well with me. It was overreach. Besides, theyīre going to do the Fantastic Four movie and itīs likely just easier and better to keep him with the FF as he was always from the moment of his conception a FF character and NEVER had ties to the X-Men. Ever. Of course he was a mutant in an era in which mutant was not synonymous with X-Man. But I have no problem with his retcon. But even if I did, itīs not like Feige would give a crap. Heīs proven he can make Disney a lot of money, so he doesnīt need our input.

As for Hickman and the Maximoff family, Hickman and the X-office are professionals. You cannot take corporate directives personally. We have to see the final two episodes of WandaVision to know, but basically if Disney corporate likes the idea of doing films with Magneto as the father of Wanda, Pietro, and Lorna we will get that representation in all media as Feige has completely control of all Marvel properties now. Itīs all money, and it has nothing to do with what an individual may like or dislike.
    About franklin: the character was literaly teased from hoxpox, had an entire mini about his mutant status, there was an obvious build up and none of that mattered when slott decided to ruin it all, the work of two writers and many more editors, because of difrent editorial authority and miscomunication that exists in marvel.
    it sets up a vicious precedent that any mutant that is outside the x-office can and will be retconed, especially any character work or development given inside the x-books.
    Even pietro was removed from all new x factor BECAUSE of said editorial hirearchy when it comes to certain characthers.
    Hickman is a pro for sure, 2020 aaron avengers or Slott where wanda is revealed to be a homo eldergodius after some arch that turns her back into a mutant, a clear hypothetical but one that's beyond possible.

Any work the x-books can do in the maximmofs can be willingly ignored and destroyed without the x-office even getting a heads up, page time wasted on avengers characters is page time they can use on any other character.
    So why bother?

About Feige:
    One: Disney corporate doesnt care about comics, neither does feige, if they did theyd strangle diamond and modernize the way comics are destributed to increase acessibility and sales but not even a pandemic managed to shake up the arcaic foundations that are the reason why comics aren't more sucessfull, so I respectfully disagree.
    Second the mcu tie ins are marvel's orders to try to increase sales by some miracle of synergy, they never work so all we get now is simply a push of a character when they have an mcu project witout much attempts to bendis guardians of the galaxy the characters, and not even the most streamed show worldwide managed to give wanda a presence in a book from here til may.
    So take that as you will, it speaks for itself

Third : Wandavision will 97 % not introduce mutants anyways, MUCH LESS magneto, the show isn't.
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-25-2021 at 11:07 AM.

I don't think Wandavision is going to introduce Magneto or Polaris - assuming it doesn't somehow have a second season. My reason, is that I think they want Evan Peters' Pietro to be the big surprise family appearance of Wandavision. Pulling in Magneto or Polaris would dilute Pietro's return, if not overshadow it completely.

I could see some other X-Men character coming into play though. My list of likely candidates for that includes Professor X, Jean Grey, Cyclops, or Storm. I think they'd want to hold off on Wolverine due to his popularity. Build anticipation and give him his own special reveal. Whereas the four I listed aren't as popular as Wolverine, but are rather representative of the X-Men franchise to a lot of people.

What I think is most likely for a reveal tied to formerly Fox properties, though, is a character from the Fantastic Four franchise. Most likely Reed Richards as many have been speculating on Twitter. We've known a film is in the works since 2019, and it would make sense to want to give a tease of that some time this year for that franchise's anniversary. And by tease, I mean something much more substantial than a character saying "I know a guy that sounds vaguely like Reed Richards."

I know Evan's Quicksilver surprised many people in WandaVision but honestly i don't see them doing anything with mutants in the series especially since are just two episodes left and it will be tied with a magical lore with Agatha and witchcraf and also Dr Strange 2, they could show mutants in this movie since the plot it's the multiverse stuff but i think we need more info, my guess is that they will hint the Mutant Gene or something in the Eternals movie.

And properly establish the x-men in the next four or five years? But since they have the mutant rights they could slowly start to insert famous mutants like Storm in Black panther before the x-men movies

Third : Wandavision will 97 % not introduce mutants anyways, MUCH LESS magneto, the show isn't.
    Especially after Feige's comments that the Disney+ stuff will not be the equal to required reading. They won't introduce anyone big that people have to sub to the service to see. Because the service isn't even available in all regions. Mutant and X-Men intros will be big and done in the movies. And they'll likely get their own phase or two dedicated just to them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I donīt think Magneto will appear on the last Chapter of Wandavision but I am definitely loving all those parallels

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

wanda's never becoming a mutant again since the show's popularity will eventualy tamper any re retcons, we can finaly remove the twins and get some fresh faces in the house of M

wanda's never becoming a mutant again since the show's popularity will eventualy tamper any re retcons, we can finaly remove the twins and get some fresh faces in the house of M
    This is a big assumption. There's still plenty of ways to change that both in the comics and in the MCU, especially if Disney/Marvel sees all the House of M chatter because of Wandavision and decides they want to go with it.

Her magic can come from an entirely different place from what makes her a mutant, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    This is a big assumption. There's still plenty of ways to change that both in the comics and in the MCU, especially if Disney/Marvel sees all the House of M chatter because of Wandavision and decides they want to go with it.

Her magic can come from an entirely different place from what makes her a mutant, too.
    the house of m chatter is about her mental breakdown and extreme power, wich are more than present in this show, olsen wont be around for mutants its clear they want to make her a firm witch.
    Comics arent using her, but now there's a real detriment to any mutant scarlet witch/Quicksilver, wich made an unlikely story pratically unthinkable.

It's time to repurpose the house of m with mutant characters