Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1446
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes given what was shown on issue 1,2 and 3 I don´t expect much for the last two issues, the characters reactions will not made much sense either but I hope at least the magical subplot to be good, it looks like the one being given more attention. Agreed, this looks like a cash grab, this issue hardly had dialogue for Magneto, the supposed protagonist, Wanda, Lorna,Pietro, Billy or Tommy but well, at least lest hope the magical part makes sense. what I am sad is that a lot of fans were expecting something different so this may burn them to buy other stories with them together and that´s a shame.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

baumblume

something that trial of magneto does not get is that magneto is a bad father not because he hates his kids, but because he puts his crusade above them every time, and will lie to them, use them, and hurt them to reach his goals

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If they are dismantling the Magnus family, it likely wasn't her choice. Same with Wanda not being a mutant.
    the poor writing is her choice as is writing the characters out of character

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    something that trial of magneto does not get is that magneto is a bad father not because he hates his kids, but because he puts his crusade above them every time, and will lie to them, use them, and hurt them to reach his goals
    That may have been true 25 years ago, but Magneto has for the past two decades in the comics had been an anti hero protagonist and typically X-Men in good standing.

That reality has created problems for the idea of the Magnus family as they feel they have to manufacture drama that stories two or three decades ago would have produced.

It’s also produced issues in terms of Lorna’s role as many writers with a few positive exceptions spend too much energy trying to philosophically differentiate her and dad. I think the best way the family works with an anti hero Mags is something closer to how HoM Mags and his kids interact.

Two concepts of the Magnus family work. Fighting in regards to dad’s new plan to save the mutant race which was the decades ago way.

Or the better idea treating them somewhat like royals just not in name like Secret War House of M pushing and pulling against each other though mostly on the same page in regards to mutant issues.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-21-2021 at 08:59 AM.

Can’t help but feel that this mini is a missed opportunity if it doesn’t fix the House of Magnus. With Billy now here we literally have the entire family sans Luna gathered in one spot for the first time since House of M but so far nothing has come of it. There’s gotta be some kind of reconciliation or this family reunion will have been a waste.

baumblume

i think Pietro and Wanda are dead..and Wanda kills pietro.
    Wanda and Pietro will be mutants again and Magneto’s biological children.
    They will be teenagers with wiped memories.
    I think Hickman was originally going to write it. Bleeding Cool reported there was going to be a big Magneto/Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver story in 2020 but it got bumped until after her show ended. That's obviously whatever this story ended up being.

I don't think Pietro's dead. I think it's the usual and they just forgot to keep including him in things.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

i think Pietro and Wanda are dead..and Wanda kills pietro.
    Wanda and Pietro will be mutants again and Magneto’s biological children.
    They will be teenagers with wiped memories.
    I think Hickman was originally going to write it. Bleeding Cool reported there was going to be a big Magneto/Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver story in 2020 but it got bumped until after her show ended. That's obviously whatever this story ended up being.
    We have already seen Pietro. So he could have been already killed and resurrected, since we don’t know how he came to Krakoa.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    We have already seen Pietro. So he could have been already killed and resurrected, since we don’t know how he came to Krakoa.
    i doubt that Pietro in this issue is real.
    Last edited by baumblume; 10-23-2021 at 12:49 PM.

BANNED

i doubt that Pietro in this issue is real.
    Obviously, it will also depend on what’s actually published. You might be right. Or you could be wrong.

Sometimes things get touchy when people hold on to their theories that are obviously false, as in has been disproven like the Mephistoheads and WandaVision.

Who knows if this is true or not as there is alot of fake news. Though its an interesting thought.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-24-2021 at 11:04 AM.

baumblume

baumblume

teenies <3

baumblume

baumblume