Page 15 of 97 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the house of m chatter is about her mental breakdown and extreme power, wich are more than present in this show, olsen wont be around for mutants its clear they want to make her a firm witch.
    Comics arent using her, but now there's a real detriment to any mutant scarlet witch/Quicksilver, wich made an unlikely story pratically unthinkable.

It's time to repurpose the house of m with mutant characters
    Counter idea: Wanda and Pietro are Magneto's kids, but chaos magic prevented them (or at least Wanda) from inheriting any mutant genes, meaning the twins (or at least Wanda) aren't mutants but still count as part of the House of M.

It would actually be quite interesting if either chaos magic impacted Pietro this way due to being Wanda's twin, or alternately if they have to grapple with one being a mutant and the other not despite being twins.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Counter idea: Wanda and Pietro are Magneto's kids, but chaos magic prevented them (or at least Wanda) from inheriting any mutant genes, meaning the twins (or at least Wanda) aren't mutants but still count as part of the House of M.

It would actually be quite interesting if either chaos magic impacted Pietro this way due to being Wanda's twin, or alternately if they have to grapple with one being a mutant and the other not despite being twins.
    or: we quickly replace those two in a way that permenantly closes off any conection

Extraordinary Member

Again, what would be the fucking point? She is not raised by Magneto, she doesn't inherit power from Magneto, Ultron functionally replaced her "villain phase", why the obssession to make Magneto part of her backstory when things can be much clearer and simple without him?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

itīs just some fans like the relationship between them and other fans donīt, thereīs no much else going on and Kevin Feige was asked about Quicksilver and him so thatīs to be expected people to be curious. I love their relationship in comics with all the flaws so I am excited by the possibilities but time will tell.

I am actually quite enjoying the story, it made me appreciate Vision and Wandaīs relationship with Agatha more than I did before and I hope to see more of it in the "Multiverse of Madness"

Given how much madripoor has been namedropped in X.men comics lately, I think Falcon and the Winter soldier is the place where we will see some new confirmed MCU mutants like Wolverine, psycloke, Nightcrawler or Pyro. While Magneto, if they keep his origin whic I hope they do, will come a later, because they need to explain his age.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-26-2021 at 11:35 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

The relationship in comics basically boils down to them giving him chances a couple times but mostly saying how much they hate him and want him gone. And Wanda then being happy she's not related. It's pretty toxic.

And that's without the murder and physical attacks, abuse, etc. So that's why I can never be comfortable with it.

I hope they establish Anya and Polaris at least in the MCU as his kids. Anya at least was never toxic. What I did like about the Fox films was them giving Anya (Nina) nature powers. I found that interesting.

I'm so into finally seeing Madripoor in Falcon and Winter Soldier. That's gonna be pretty great! And we don't have long to wait for that show.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

That may seem to you but not to me itīs a matter of personal like and what they narratively speaking brings for the other, I know it bothers you but that will not stop me from liking the relationship.

Yes I hope they do Anya right this time, the only reason why Fox made an effort on that front was because Fassbender asked for it, they didnīt really care much to give magneto his comics story so I hope the MCU does better when the time comes for him to be brought in the story. Lorna is easier because sheīs someone who could have been born much later and I liked what Fox did with her so maybe we will see her in the near time.

Yes I hope to see if they talk about Zemo, Hydra, Wolverine, Falcon, the Winter soldier and maybe a cameo/flashback of Chris Evans and a child Magneto like Feige wanted to do some years ago.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-26-2021 at 11:58 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The relationship in comics basically boils down to them giving him chances a couple times but mostly saying how much they hate him and want him gone. And Wanda then being happy she's not related. It's pretty toxic.

And that's without the murder and physical attacks, abuse, etc. So that's why I can never be comfortable with it.
    Characters in comics are rarely happy. They face problems all the time. Being related to Magneto is a problem to Wanda? More interesting…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Characters in comics are rarely happy. They face problems all the time. Being related to Magneto is a problem to Wanda? More interesting…
    Abuse/murder is different from loss, grief, etc. Especially from a parent. That isn't someone you stay in touch with or consider family. And it is a problem to Wanda. She doesn't want anything to do with him and is relieved that he's not really her father.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Abuse/murder is different from loss, grief, etc. Especially from a parent. That isn't someone you stay in touch with or consider family. And it is a problem to Wanda. She doesn't want anything to do with him and is relieved that he's not really her father.
    Dependent on who’s writing it and their agenda. If I got hired by Marvel and wrote Wanda murdering babies and loving it, doesn’t mean my take is accurate.

Of course, multiple long-standing examples lend more weight. Whereas if we’re just going by Axis, there was a corporate agenda guiding that depiction. Not one grounded in what narratively fits.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Dependent on who’s writing it and their agenda. If I got hired by Marvel and wrote Wanda murdering babies and loving it, doesn’t mean my take is accurate.

Of course, multiple long-standing examples lend more weight. Whereas if we’re just going by Axis, there was a corporate agenda guiding that depiction. Not one grounded in what narratively fits.
    It's been a lot more than not in Wanda's experiences with him. I know fan fiction would do it better because often times it's done a lot better than Marvel handles things. But Marvel doesn't do that. Especially anymore. And they hate families unless they are the Richards family.

art by halbarryislife

Last edited by juan678; 02-27-2021 at 03:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    That may seem to you but not to me itīs a matter of personal like and what they narratively speaking brings for the other, I know it bothers you but that will not stop me from liking the relationship.

Yes I hope they do Anya right this time, the only reason why Fox made an effort on that front was because Fassbender asked for it, they didnīt really care much to give magneto his comics story so I hope the MCU does better when the time comes for him to be brought in the story. Lorna is easier because sheīs someone who could have been born much later and I liked what Fox did with her so maybe we will see her in the near time.

Yes I hope to see if they talk about Zemo, Hydra, Wolverine, Falcon, the Winter soldier and maybe a cameo/flashback of Chris Evans and a child Magneto like Feige wanted to do some years ago.
    Which is basically some very one-sided drama, aside from a few moments where Magneto actually act chill. Wanda didn't get much narrative points from that relationship. I honestly don't care much about Magneto being abusive or not(I do take problem when tons of fans try to gaslight new fans into thinking they are some kind of wholesome family, selling them a false image.) But I do think it's mostly pointless if not straight up dragging her through mud.

Extraordinary Member

While some writers who care definitely help, Wanda's relationship with Magneto is an imbalanced one, basically it's mostly not about her, and when it's about her, it ultimately doesn't matter.(It doesn't help those cases where it's supposed to be centered around her are from Byrne and Bendis.)
    If anything, Magneto/Wanda are potential recipe for disaster, and when it's not, it's not even worth the risk.