Page 66 of 97 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

My other guess was that he probably is dead too and thatīs why he isnīt already on Krakoa looking for her but your idea is a lot better, as far as we know they are at their favorite coffe right now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Lorna's expression in the background here is better to me than the one seen in the trailer. Something I wouldn't normally say but felt relevant to say this time.
    Lorna in the group picture hovering over Wanda’s body was neither in tears of pain nor jumping for joy which I think is a realistic response for her given the situation. Yes, it’s better then the emotionally shattered and destroyed image of Lorna in the trailer.

Marvel Comics' Trial of Magneto Will Be About More Than the Scarlet Witch's Death
    https://gizmodo.com/marvel-comics-tr...han-1847352784

Cross-post

New piece I commissioned from maki/kahlart!

It's following a theme of "you should see me in a crown" by Billie Eilish. Lorna's both creating her headpiece and channeling her power through it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Inside the Trial of Magneto and the suspicious murder of Scarlet Witch
    https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/trial-...scarlet-witch/

It's suddenly occurring to me that a lot of fanon for the Magnus family is in the vein of dysfunctional but funny. Like the characters playfully insult each other, the jokes can involve Magneto liking or neglecting certain kids, etc.

I think this gets at a lot of fanon discussion, really. There's happy positive "we're a good family" fanon, but there's also a comedy fanon that only gets its foundation from the family's drama and issues. It's very much in the vein of ANXF #1's "You tried to kill me," "I was drunk" exchange between Lorna and Pietro.

My point here is, the Magnus family fan community isn't just one mode. It's multifaceted, just like characters themselves are when written well. Fan creations usually don't capture everything there is to say and show about what they're a fandom for. They focus on specific parts. It shines a spotlight on aspects often not emphasized in the source material, which naturally means parts not in the spotlight aren't lit up. It's important to keep that in mind when thinking about fan work.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Scarlet Witch Hot Wheels car
    E76ZTWyWQAYD3Sc.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Scarlet Witch Hot Wheels car
    E76ZTWyWQAYD3Sc.jpg
    Does Magneto have a Hot Wheels car?

Yes he does

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

It's suddenly occurring to me that a lot of fanon for the Magnus family is in the vein of dysfunctional but funny. Like the characters playfully insult each other, the jokes can involve Magneto liking or neglecting certain kids, etc.

I think this gets at a lot of fanon discussion, really. There's happy positive "we're a good family" fanon, but there's also a comedy fanon that only gets its foundation from the family's drama and issues. It's very much in the vein of ANXF #1's "You tried to kill me," "I was drunk" exchange between Lorna and Pietro.

My point here is, the Magnus family fan community isn't just one mode. It's multifaceted, just like characters themselves are when written well. Fan creations usually don't capture everything there is to say and show about what they're a fandom for. They focus on specific parts. It shines a spotlight on aspects often not emphasized in the source material, which naturally means parts not in the spotlight aren't lit up. It's important to keep that in mind when thinking about fan work.
    Agreed fandom can enrich the experience of being a fan of the family while the canon in the comics show a really multifaceted view of the characters and we can enjoy both

Duggan continues to do wonders with Lorna

Link

Trial of Magneto #1 by Felipe Massafera

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Duggan continues to do wonders with Lorna
    He is off to a strong start with her yes. Lets see how he handles other aspects to the character. I generally think Lorna hasn't had enough of an edge this past decade and a half and being conveniently unstable isn't the same thing at all. Lets see how he factors in Lorna's not so trusting views on humanity and other less utilized features.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-09-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Link

Trial of Magneto #1 by Felipe Massafera

He is off to a strong start with her yes. Lets see how he handles other aspects to the character. I generally think Lorna hasn't had enough of an edge this past decade and a half and being conveniently unstable isn't the same thing at all. Lets see how he factors in Lorna's not so trusting views on humanity and other less utilized features.
    Thank you for the images jmc247 they look great

Yes I also hope Duggan addresses her story so far her answer to Scottīs joke seemed like a good way to address her current power level as well as her friendship with him and on issue #2 with Jean.