Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And that's exactly the problem, no one focus on her own lore and character and wish for bunch of irrelevant randos. And MCU is correcting that.
    People never bother to know her own character, her own lore, and maybe make theories based on that.(And really, I predicted that Darkhold prophecy thing in 2017 and it's not that hard of a theory to make given some basic lore knowledge.)
    Do you know how annoying it is to be among bunch of "fans" who probably don't even care about the supposed main character of a show?
    Anyway, I am just glad the creators did the right choice by bringing in things that actually matter to her.
    I mean, I'm a Lorna fan who's seen a lot of Lorna being misused to promote other (usually male, usually Havok) characters with people insisting those uses were/are perfect treatment of Lorna and I should be ecstatic over them, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Now that it has ended, do you wish that Magneto and Polaris had appeared in Wandavision?
    Not having watched it and with no plans to do so (until a) Wanda and Pietro are Magneto's kids again and b) Lorna gets one of several things she needs in the comics), I'm going to say something that'll sound strange coming from me and say... I'm glad they didn't appear in Wandavision.

Don't get me wrong. If Lorna had shown up in Wandavision, I most likely would have watched it, for the same reason that 2015 and earlier I would buy comics just cause Lorna showed up in them. But that's entirely separate from if her showing up on Wandavision would've been the best approach.

Among the Magnus family, Wandavision is about Wanda. Pulling in the whole Magnus family for it would've distracted from that objective. I also think Lorna and/or Magneto showing up would've undermined Pietro's appearance, and both Wanda and Pietro really needed that spotlight on him given their separation in films.

It will be better, in my opinion, for Lorna and Magneto to factor in with something else in the future.

Random idea, maybe instead of starting with Magneto, we could have Lorna and Wanda interacting as sisters first. One or the other shows up revealing they're sisters. Which, more realistically it would be Lorna showing up since she and mutants have yet to be introduced. And now I'm inventing a head fanon of how this could go down, with a film/show all about this with Magneto actually being Wanda and Pietro's father being the "big reveal" at the end. Might seem predictable, but the Agatha Harkness stuff in Wandavision was predictable too and it didn't stop speculation. Wandavision, I think, provides a good road map to emphasizing the value of these characters for themselves - which is really necessary to get the most out of the family as a whole by the time Magneto comes into play. Starting from the "bottom" of the family tree, not the top.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    nope, the show quite honestly handled her powers and title reason waaaay better than robinson's solo, simple but expansive, straight to the point in that she's a witch.

BesidesLorna and magneto deserve their own focus not to overcomplicate and serve as decoration to mcu wanda, the two sides dont need one another
    Really agreed. I feel the show handled the origin quite a bit better. I'd have liked Agatha to be more complex, but I hope they can do that down the line. She's a lot of fun. She just shouldn't be a cheap villain in the end.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think the story was good the way they left it, adding to it Magneto or Lorna would just have taken time from the story of Wanda, Vision and their family and would not have served their story either because there would not have been enough time for all of them to have a significant apparition. Even more, I wish they have used Evan Peters for a movie in which he actually would appear as Quicksilver and not use him as a joke, way to downgrade a very good actor just to get that extra attention from fans, it was in very bad taste tbh.

I just hope Pietro gets his moment to shine in his own story, series or movie with his own family too
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Really agreed. I feel the show handled the origin quite a bit better. I'd have liked Agatha to be more complex, but I hope they can do that down the line. She's a lot of fun. She just shouldn't be a cheap villain in the end.
    agatha's still alive and had a loki level fan popularity, she can be expanded upon at least

agatha's still alive and had a loki level fan popularity, she can be expanded upon at least
    Agreed and hopefully that popularity makes them want to use her again.

BANNED

I was satisfied with the show (even tho episode 9 needed a bit more je ne sais quoix that covid messed over) as a casual viewer, but im happier this will clearly bleed into the comics to truly seperate the maximoffs from any x-men related franchises.

If I may use a metaphor, when it comes to the House Of M as a family of characters, the twins were a sick and infected limb, im hoping with a final incision, the concept of the house of M can heal and maybe regrow once more.
    I bet hickman may reutilize anya, joseph or zaladane OR create some new family members

I think Wandavision not using the Magnus family at a time when X-Men and mutants don't exist in the MCU doesn't suggest anything regarding future plans.

Especially given the MCU is a creative slow burner. It took 11 years to get from Iron Man to Endgame, after all. Or if we're only counting the ones named Avengers, 7 years. In itself, it took 4 years to get from Iron Man to the first Avengers film. Comparatively, it's only been 2 years since the Fox merger really happened, and development of Wandavision itself started before the merger (Jac Schaeffer hired in January 2019, merger on March 20, filming in early November).

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I think Wandavision not using the Magnus family at a time when X-Men and mutants don't exist in the MCU doesn't suggest anything regarding future plans.

Especially given the MCU is a creative slow burner. It took 11 years to get from Iron Man to Endgame, after all. Or if we're only counting the ones named Avengers, 7 years. In itself, it took 4 years to get from Iron Man to the first Avengers film. Comparatively, it's only been 2 years since the Fox merger really happened, and development of Wandavision itself started before the merger (Jac Schaeffer hired in January 2019, merger on March 20, filming in early November).
    It means the current retcon in the comics is becoming increasingly set in stone, as time plus the show's immense popularity are starting to wash away not just the perception they are mutants, but its desire and appeal.
    A whole new generation loves a pure witch wanda maximoff, that love is what will push her and pietro into comics as well, as they aren't getting used by writer interest alone, so it's safe to say these new projects and news cb cebulksi has teased on twitter won't overcomplicate things, as her current interation is already close to the mcu's.

All these factors count PLUS you can speculate hickman doesnt like the twins with 3 years as an avenger writer witout even a bare reference to them, and the editorial rivalries that would keep the twins away were there any interest anyways.
    Id bet good money those two won't be a part of the house of magnus anytime soon, if ever

Itīs too early to say for sure if the Magneto family will get their MCU versions, after all, first we need to have the X-men, Lorna and Magneto there. So I will wait and see because things are still too much on the air.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Itīs too early to say for sure if the Magneto family will get their MCU versions, after all, first we need to have the X-men, Lorna and Magneto there. So I will wait and see because things are still too much on the air.
    in the meantime, the comics will follow the mcu, wich is to pretty much continue the current retcon, once it reaches 10 years or so it's set in stone and by then magneto and lorna will probably have new family members.

I personally want to see them get a family that aren't actualy toxic outsiders to the x-men franchise, the concept has potential it just needs better characters as a part of it.
    The Maximmofs are a blight

Astonishing Member

They also mentioned multiple times how they aren't rushing to force the X-men and mutants into their allready existing plans for the MCU after Endgame. I think Feige even described it as not even having a clue yet (in 2019) what to do with them, while being glad to have access to them.

So it makes sense why they would reject the temptation to rush X-men hints and cameos into their allready existing plans. Especialy since said plans had so far resulted in multi-billion dollar success movies.

There is also the whole Feige vs. Perlmutter situation to remember.
    Perlmutter wanted to force a property into the MCU, which the team had no interest in using yet, in order to get X-men money without access to the X-men, by molding the Inhumans into a copy of the mutants. In order to get movies greenlit which Feige actualy had interest in doing (Black Panther and Captain Marvel) he bargained with Perlmutter and put the inhumans into the list.
    Eventualy their conflict grew to the point where Disney stepped in, made Marvel Studios independent from Perlmutter and inhumans was removed and downgraded to a tv series.

Even though the situation is long over, it would be understandable why Feige and co. do not want to repeat having a property forced into their plans like that. So while X-men fans might be eager to get their favorits into the MCU asap, the people in charge might rather want to stick to their old plans and push the X-men back to the next phase.

So at this point it might really be better to not expect any kind of X-men hints, rather than getting hyped for something which might not come for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    They also mentioned multiple times how they aren't rushing to force the X-men and mutants into their allready existing plans for the MCU after Endgame. I think Feige even described it as not even having a clue yet (in 2019) what to do with them, while being glad to have access to them.

So it makes sense why they would reject the temptation to rush X-men hints and cameos into their allready existing plans. Especialy since said plans had so far resulted in multi-billion dollar success movies.

There is also the whole Feige vs. Perlmutter situation to remember.
    Perlmutter wanted to force a property into the MCU, which the team had no interest in using yet, in order to get X-men money without access to the X-men, by molding the Inhumans into a copy of the mutants. In order to get movies greenlit which Feige actualy had interest in doing (Black Panther and Captain Marvel) he bargained with Perlmutter and put the inhumans into the list.
    Eventualy their conflict grew to the point where Disney stepped in, made Marvel Studios independent from Perlmutter and inhumans was removed and downgraded to a tv series.

Even though the situation is long over, it would be understandable why Feige and co. do not want to repeat having a property forced into their plans like that. So while X-men fans might be eager to get their favorits into the MCU asap, the people in charge might rather want to stick to their old plans and push the X-men back to the next phase.

So at this point it might really be better to not expect any kind of X-men hints, rather than getting hyped for something which might not come for years.
    Very good points, especially regarding the Inhumans situation which I had overlooked. It's very possible that Perlmutter tainted the waters of X-Men/mutant work in the MCU to a point that Feige and the rest want to wait until the Inhumans work Perlmutter tried to force on them has washed out.

I was satisfied with the show (even tho episode 9 needed a bit more je ne sais quoix that covid messed over) as a casual viewer, but im happier this will clearly bleed into the comics to truly seperate the maximoffs from any x-men related franchises.

If I may use a metaphor, when it comes to the House Of M as a family of characters, the twins were a sick and infected limb, im hoping with a final incision, the concept of the house of M can heal and maybe regrow once more.
    I bet hickman may reutilize anya, joseph or zaladane OR create some new family members
    That would be interesting.

And I think it's better if they take their time and figure out the best way to introduce mutants, instead of forcing them in through some cheap way. It'd just feel like a cash grab, and probably would do no favors to the characters themselves.

Very good points, especially regarding the Inhumans situation which I had overlooked. It's very possible that Perlmutter tainted the waters of X-Men/mutant work in the MCU to a point that Feige and the rest want to wait until the Inhumans work Perlmutter tried to force on them has washed out.
    Kevin Feige said heīs a big fan of the X-men, he has been making plans for them before disney took over Fox, while the Inhumans just had a short series that didnīt really got much attention so I donīt think the Inhumans are a problem, I think they should be introduced too, my guess is the X-men will get the Avengers treatment, they will be seen on different movies before the MCU does a main X-men movie and I honestly think this is the best way of getting them there because it allowed to develop their characters before their own movie.

I think this is also the case for Magnetoīs family, the MCU just wants the main public to know them before making stories focused on them. I even heard there were plans to develop a Magneto mini series on disney + , donīt know if itīs still in the works but I think it would be a good idea to introduce Magda, Anya, Lorna and maybe Pietro and Wanda, depending if they still want to make them his children.

If the MCU wants to take itīs time, I think that is the best path forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Kevin Feige said heīs a big fan of the X-men, he has been making plans for them before disney took over Fox, while the Inhumans just had a short series that didnīt really got much attention so I donīt think the Inhumans are a problem, I think they should be introduced too, my guess is the X-men will get the Avengers treatment, they will be seen on different movies before the MCU does a main X-men movie and I honestly think this is the best way of getting them there because it allowed to develop their characters before their own movie.

I think this is also the case for Magnetoīs family, the MCU just wants the main public to know them before making stories focused on them. I even heard there were plans to develop a Magneto mini series on disney + , donīt know if itīs still in the works but I think it would be a good idea to introduce Magda, Anya, Lorna and maybe Pietro and Wanda, depending if they still want to make them his children.

If the MCU wants to take itīs time, I think that is the best path forward.
    I agree both on eventually bringing the X-Men together and on letting the characters develop separately first. I mentioned in the thread about The Mutants that it makes sense to me as MCU giving a fresh starting point with a slower burn than people would like, instead of just jumping straight into X-Men. Specific to Lorna, I do think she would benefit from being introduced separate from her father at first - as long as it doesn't entail her being presented as "Havok's girlfriend." If that runs a risk of happening then she's better off diving straight into Magneto's daughter instead, which is also plenty fair considering it's how she was introduced.

On another topic: I think Lorna on Gifted wearing her headpiece paved the way for Wanda wearing hers on Wandavision.

My memory of past discussions was people saying MCU Wanda should never have the headpiece because it would look "too goofy" and out of place in live action. Helmets, sure, but idea seemed to be that a headpiece would look weird and made no sense cause it served no purpose. But I think seeing Emma Dumont wearing Lorna's headpiece, and the fan buzz about it even in the state Gifted season 2 was in, really brought some people around to the idea of headpieces in turn allowing Wanda to get hers in Wandavision.