baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post

Wait was this in the movie?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Yes, when they are captured.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    And it was followed up with him almost telling Mags in the climax. I will never understand why they didn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    And it was followed up with him almost telling Mags in the climax. I will never understand why they didn't do it.
    I know, right? Mags had to have guessed something was up with *Pietro and all of his stutterings *(yes, he is Pietro to me not Peter despite that being the English translation).

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I know, right? Mags had to have guessed something was up with *Pietro and all of his stutterings *(yes, he is Pietro to me not Peter despite that being the English translation).
    I enjoyed Apocalypse but between this and that blooper confirming Kurt's parents, I will never understand why they didn't use this to cement the family theme.

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed Apocalypse but between this and that blooper confirming Kurt's parents, I will never understand why they didn't use this to cement the family theme.
    Because Fox unfortunately had a painful history of missing the mark when it came to Xmen movies.

I always go into these movies knowing that they will not be like the comics. I then see what they present on screen. That way, I do not set up any expectations for myself of what I want. So yes, while I enjoyed Apocalypse and all of them to varying degrees, they certainly do not rise to comics level. There were many missed things that they could have done.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Gorgeous cover, really impressive

I agree it was a let down to be teased with their relationship and then forgot about it,even the actors made references to it every chance they got because they were interested in developing it on screen but Fox just ignored it or went out of its way for them to not interact with each other post Apocelypse.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-20-2021 at 05:16 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Gorgeous cover, really impressive
    I suspect some of the art we see here will live on in merch.

Well at least the mini is showing Marvel the major level of interest… much more then Children’s Crusade or really anything in the comics Magnus family related since House of M.

I agree it was a let down to be teased with their relationship and then forgot about it,even the actors made references to it every chance they got because they were interested in developing it on screen but Fox just ignored it or went out of its way for them to not interact with each other post Apocelypse.
    I will bet there are a number of Pietro and Magneto interaction scenes they filmed in Dark Phoenix left on the cutting room floor after the Disney buy out and major reshoots.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I suspect some of the art we see here will live on in merch.

Well at least the mini is showing Marvel the major level of interest… much more then Children’s Crusade or really anything in the comics Magnus family related since House of M.
    Agreed between WandaVision raising sales for HoM issues and this mini doing so well in sales I believe marvel will take notice, I am just a little worried they will get the idea that the characterization is also selling when I think itīs more the fact the characters have not interacted in a while and for a lot of fans this story represents the possibility of ending the retcon but well, I will wait and see.

I will bet there are a number of Pietro and Magneto interaction scenes they filmed in Dark Phoenix left on the cutting room floor after the Disney buy out and major reshoots.
    I think you are right, my guess was that Disney wanted to do the reveal themselves so they told Fox to cut off all of it but if this is true they sure are taking their sweet time getting to it, so I think it may have been better to leave the original idea for Dark Phoenix, given family was one itīs main themes.

At least we have thosei interviews of Fassbender being so proud of his "Son" because he took him out of jail but it could have been so much better, sigh.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Agreed between WandaVision raising sales for HoM issues and this mini doing so well in sales I believe marvel will take notice, I am just a little worried they will get the idea that the characterization is also selling when I think itīs more the fact the characters have not interacted in a while and for a lot of fans this story represents the possibility of ending the retcon but well, I will wait and see.
    In terms of the family conflict issue they know it’s a big selling point and it is, but one has to be careful on the execution as it is easy to go overboard. As long as the characters drive the story and not the other way around one is good. One can tell when a story is driving characters.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-20-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Agreed about the family conflict imo but as Salarta has said before, conflict for previous story of the characters has to be earned and so far conflict between Lorna and Magneto in particular has felt more forced than earned.

Spectacular Member

Because at that moment Erik was in a world of pain over losing Magda and Nina. Telling him, when Peter and Raven have already discovered that they can't get through the barrier would have looked nothing more than a lie in bad taste from Erik's perspective, and would have enraged him even more. I mean think about it, what proof would there be that Peter could give at that moment? It's not like Lorna could just show her own magnetic powers. They'd have to remind a grieving man about having sex with someone about twenty-five years ago. No, not telling was the right call. It showed Peter's respect for the pain Erik was going through and would have likely made things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Peter lives in the middle of Cold War America. It makes sense that he'd go by Peter even if his legal name is Pietro.

baumblume