Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 520
  1. #256
    Mighty Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    It seems to me like Wanda being a mutant and Magneto's daughter is a door that's been closed in the MCU. Not because it wouldn't fit with what's just been established in the latest WandaVision episode, but I just don't see Marvel adding another layer of complexity and revelations to Wanda since it's all been tied up nicely with episode 8.

    Ergo, I don't really see Marvel Comics retconning her origin yet again and turn her back into a mutant and Magneto's daughter. Going forward I see her being portrayed more in line with James Robinson's (excellent) Scarlet Witch series, ie a magical/occult kind of character.

  2. #257
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    It seems to me like Wanda being a mutant and Magneto's daughter is a door that's been closed in the MCU. Not because it wouldn't fit with what's just been established in the latest WandaVision episode, but I just don't see Marvel adding another layer of complexity and revelations to Wanda since it's all been tied up nicely with episode 8.
    A huge, huge advantage of MCU Wanda over comics Wanda is that MCU Wanda only has one set of parents. None of this thing where she found out her real parents were American superheroes but wait, no, it was the Maximoffs, or maybe it was Magneto and Magda, or it was the Maximoffs again but they were only her aunt and uncle.

    Whatever turns out to be the story behind "Fietro," Feige would be crazy to complicate her backstory any more than he's already done, and he's not crazy.

  3. #258

    Default

    Meanwhile, I just saw a tweet from someone saying they're getting nonstop phone calls about House of M at their store, and House of M is still #1 for the various categories on Amazon.

    Anyway, some new awesome siblings art by bikenesmith.

    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

    Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

  4. #259
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    5,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Meanwhile, I just saw a tweet from someone saying they're getting nonstop phone calls about House of M at their store, and House of M is still #1 for the various categories on Amazon.

    Anyway, some new awesome siblings art by bikenesmith.

    I love this pic oi Mag's melaninated children.
    Jazmine Sullivan - Pick Up Your Feelings - https://youtu.be/6jOA3h4zSTc

  5. #260
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    that artists style is very pretty i like it a lot

  6. #261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Meanwhile, I just saw a tweet from someone saying they're getting nonstop phone calls about House of M at their store, and House of M is still #1 for the various categories on Amazon.
    HoM getting a boost is predictable because articles and theories linked the show to that primarily and not the other references the show uses. I hope they recommend the other stuff to new readers because HoM is not a very accurate depiction of Wanda, nor really what the show was doing. Other than referencing it slightly.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  7. #262
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Yeah this HoM video by Marvel Entertainment had like 100k before WandaVision started, and it was stuck with that number a whole year now it has 500k and keeps growing lol

    Check out my (616) Scarlet Witch Respect Thread:


  8. #263
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Meanwhile, I just saw a tweet from someone saying they're getting nonstop phone calls about House of M at their store, and House of M is still #1 for the various categories on Amazon.
    I can only hope that it selling in such numbers brings the problematic elements (read: all of it) of the story to the public’s attention. Maybe the success of WandaVision and the sales of that rag could generate demand for better treatment of her, even if most of the people demanding it will never read the comics themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Anyway, some new awesome siblings art by bikenesmith.

    The coloring is so sumptuous and rich, what a good find! Better, it depicts them doing something together Marvel seems resistant to allowing them: happiness.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 03-02-2021 at 11:47 PM.

  9. #264
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Meanwhile, I just saw a tweet from someone saying they're getting nonstop phone calls about House of M at their store, and House of M is still #1 for the various categories on Amazon.

    Anyway, some new awesome siblings art by bikenesmith.

    Which is unfortunate that more people's first comic exposure to comic Wanda would be that overrated piece of crap.

  10. #265
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah this HoM video by Marvel Entertainment had like 100k before WandaVision started, and it was stuck with that number a whole year now it has 500k and keeps growing lol

    It's not always the best that left a mark on history, unfortunately a lot of times, it's the loudest and most shameless hacks.

  11. #266
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I can only hope that it selling in such numbers brings the problematic elements (read: all of it) of the story to the public’s attention. Maybe the success of WandaVision and the sales of that rag could generate demand for better treatment of her, even if most of the people demanding it will never read the comics themselves.
    That would be a little too optimistic, most people aren't even aware of Wanda's utter lack of presence in that story. House of M is wrongfully framed as a "classic".
    Not many people will actually want to question its content, instead they will pretend it's deep or some shit.
    Reading House of M itself also won't give people the knowledge of how bad Wanda was treated after it, for them, it's just one ride and nothing more.
    People with the bare minimum knowledge of her comics make wild assumptions about her character, demand all kinds of random shit from her show, I genuinely have not much faith in most fans really. I just hope whoever actually love her character stay around and maybe fight for more content for her.(By just being vocal or something.)

  12. #267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I can only hope that it selling in such numbers brings the problematic elements (read: all of it) of the story to the public’s attention. Maybe the success of WandaVision and the sales of that rag could generate demand for better treatment of her, even if most of the people demanding it will never read the comics themselves.
    It's hoped that modern audiences will carry in with them modern sensibilities to old content, leading them to call out content that's bad or problematic. It's not guaranteed with everyone of course - I've seen a fair number of people argue stuff that's awful for Polaris is Good Actually (TM) - but there may be a better chance of people noticing it on the whole. In the case of Wandavision, it seems most people I've talked to or whose comments I've seen genuinely care about Wanda's mental health and how things are going from her POV. That heightened awareness may in turn lead to being more discerning and critical of the comic event in terms of Wanda's depiction.

    But at the same time, I do think newcomers will like the general concept of the Magnus family out of it. And I think the fact we're set before X-Men and mutants are introduced to the MCU means a LOT of people will just shrug off current MCU status quo as a sympathetic explanation they needed to churn out while getting things set for mutants. Can't exactly say "Oh by the way the twins are Magneto's kids" when the MCU hasn't even introduced the idea of Magneto existing. That Wandavision is releasing only a couple years after the Fox merger will also affect what people think is going on. However, if mutants or the X-Men are revealed in Wandavision's final episode, that might change things. Since people would then look at that and think "Hey, they had time to work mutants into this, that means they could've done something with Magneto and didn't."

    Note I'm not talking about Feige and MCU plans here. I'm talking what audiences may think is going on with their plans, and how those thoughts may be shaping their perceptions of Wandavision and family matters.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

    Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

  13. #268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    That would be a little too optimistic, most people aren't even aware of Wanda's utter lack of presence in that story. House of M is wrongfully framed as a "classic".
    Not many people will actually want to question its content, instead they will pretend it's deep or some shit.
    Reading House of M itself also won't give people the knowledge of how bad Wanda was treated after it, for them, it's just one ride and nothing more.
    People with the bare minimum knowledge of her comics make wild assumptions about her character, demand all kinds of random shit from her show, I genuinely have not much faith in most fans really. I just hope whoever actually love her character stay around and maybe fight for more content for her.(By just being vocal or something.)
    Yeah people saying it's a Scarlet Witch story and not a Wolverine story shows that they either don't remember it well enough or didn't really read it and are going by glorified depictions.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  14. #269
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Honestly, considering how the general marvel side of editorial has been retconning things almost to spite the MCU (Starlord’s was good. Carol and the various ones Aaron’s levelled much less so) I wouldn’t be shocked if the Twins get re-retconned back to mutants just so the Avengers office can hot potato them to the x-books and continue to ignore/make her the scapegoat for why disassembled happened

  15. #270
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Honestly, considering how the general marvel side of editorial has been retconning things almost to spite the MCU (Starlord’s was good. Carol and the various ones Aaron’s levelled much less so) I wouldn’t be shocked if the Twins get re-retconned back to mutants just so the Avengers office can hot potato them to the x-books and continue to ignore/make her the scapegoat for why disassembled happened
    childrens crusade cleaned that slate clean, the issue isnt the avengers but the x-men when it comes to her botched redemption, and considering brevoot has some sort of vindication agaist hickman don't expect the twins to return to being mutants MUCH LESS writen as team-members/cast on a book.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-04-2021 at 02:35 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •