Page 16 of 97 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Let’s also be fair and admit that, setting aside the number Byrne and Bendis did to Wanda, the respective offices not liking each other doesn’t help the relationship

Which is probably why whenever there’s so much of a sliver of Wanda & Pietro’s relationship not being irredeemably toxic; it’s in adaptations

BANNED

there's no point in discussing a relantionship that will never be restablished, wandavision's latest episode has seen to that.
    Now Zaladane, Joseph, anya are all fine candidates to fill up the house of M

Latest episode really hasn't established anything the simple fact Wanda has nothing going on at all is making a clear point the comics don't care about MCU synergy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Latest episode really hasn't established anything the simple fact Wanda has nothing going on at all is making a clear point the comics don't care about MCU synergy.
    but do you think an eventual return wont stay on the same path as MCU wanda? that massive presence from the show plus time itself is making the retcon more set in stone than ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    but do you think an eventual return wont stay on the same path as MCU wanda? that massive presence from the show plus time itself is making the retcon more set in stone than ever
    Point made. Though IDK if anyone had told me Wanda Maximoff a character who was all but a ghost when I started reading comics would be one of the most talked about/popular characters in the world I would have shooed em away so anything is possible but, that being said if Wanda does ever get a big push I do see it being more magic based if they really wanna sell this nexus being **** they gotta actually do something with it. Pietro however is just fucked I don't see him ever being relevant again in a comic ever!

All about Mags/Lorna Im good with that....I was never heavily invested in the twins and mags relationship like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Point made. Though IDK if anyone had told me Wanda Maximoff a character who was all but a ghost when I started reading comics would be one of the most talked about/popular characters in the world I would have shooed em away so anything is possible but, that being said if Wanda does ever get a big push I do see it being more magic based if they really wanna sell this nexus being **** they gotta actually do something with it. Pietro however is just fucked I don't see him ever being relevant again in a comic ever!
    Darkhold is an obvious magical endeavor, thats her main push now and by the virtue of conflicting editorial mandates, wanda will probably never ever be writen as a mutant or in an x-men book to stop being the pretender.
    Her status as an x-men antagonist is here to stay.

And no one cares about pietro, northstar even took his xfactor spot as the snarky team speedster without any contest.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    All about Mags/Lorna Im good with that....I was never heavily invested in the twins and mags relationship like that.
    same same , lorna and mags have a multi-layered relantionship that is more than just "I hate daddy and all my issues are HIS FAULT"
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-28-2021 at 01:42 AM.

I don't think Wanda will even be present enough to be an antagonist. Being that the last time she appeared was August. They don't seem to allow her use anywhere. Being that they turned down Zub's ideas for new stories.

She's just basically functionally dead in comics.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think Wanda will even be present enough to be an antagonist. Being that the last time she appeared was August. They don't seem to allow her use anywhere. Being that they turned down Zub's ideas for new stories.

She's just basically functionally dead in comics.
    yeah obvious historic bias aside, on an objective POV, its BIZARRE she's not even in a book two months after the show ends, darkhold's artist is just now drawing the issue, that even a month on top of it, so maybe it's not even on june, maybe july.
    That's... usa agent has a series...

Cool

How could I not have posted in one of these threads already? I've been a fan of the Magnus Family (to hell with the retcon they are still family to me dammit) for as long as I can remember.

Here is some artwork I found of our favorite family of mutants -

https://www.deviantart.com/ammotu/art/M-859804203
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    How could I not have posted in one of these threads already? I've been a fan of the Magnus Family (to hell with the retcon they are still family to me dammit) for as long as I can remember.

Welcome! Thank you for joining and sharing. It’s a joy seeing the uptick in interest and support for the Magnus family, as well as old fans rediscovering what they love about these characters. This is certainly an exciting time for the family.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

Welcome and and thank you for the great art
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

yeah obvious historic bias aside, on an objective POV, its BIZARRE she's not even in a book two months after the show ends, darkhold's artist is just now drawing the issue, that even a month on top of it, so maybe it's not even on june, maybe july.
    That's... usa agent has a series...
    We got a release date for the paperback version of Darkhold Alpha which is listed for January of next year. No word on individual issue sales date for it. Since paperback is released between 1-6 months after, it could be anywhere from June to December for individual issues to start cropping up. She could be gone from comics for more than a year.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We got a release date for the paperback version of Darkhold Alpha which is listed for January of next year. No word on individual issue sales date for it. Since paperback is released between 1-6 months after, it could be anywhere from June to December for individual issues to start cropping up. She could be gone from comics for more than a year.
    yeah thats just bizarre.
    It cant be because hickman/x-men has dibs shes under brevoot who is a public rival that has allowed stories that mess up his plans (Phoenix/Franklin), so... what is it

Extraordinary Member

Darkhold is an obvious magical endeavor, thats her main push now and by the virtue of conflicting editorial mandates, wanda will probably never ever be writen as a mutant or in an x-men book to stop being the pretender.
    Her status as an x-men antagonist is here to stay.

And no one cares about pietro, northstar even took his xfactor spot as the snarky team speedster without any contest.

same same , lorna and mags have a multi-layered relantionship that is more than just "I hate daddy and all my issues are HIS FAULT"
    I would prefer actual separation as in her functionally not existent to X-franchise, it's rather tiring to see X-books milking some one-sided hate boner.