Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Sort of. Wanda ended up accidentally using his soul shards. But he didn't even show up to reclaim them. He sent Master Pandemonium. He's a foot note. The boys can come from magic and have Wanda and Vision's abilities. Which I'd honestly prefer over spiritual transplants of dead babies that were created from demon soul shards. It's too distant. Allows for the handwave of the connection between Wanda, Vision, Wiccan and Speed. I'd rather they slimline the relationship in the movie-verse. Make it less weird.

Initially the boys were magic. And naturally birthed until Byrne came along.
    Naturally birthed… A mutant and a synthezoid? Being born from magic means it could be undone with magic.

And I considered logical when it was undone.

Now the whole thing is too far-fetched for my taste.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I think Byrne’s issue in this case was more about a “toaster” being able to conceive children.
    I think the issue was more that he hated the writer or editor who preceded him (and who pushed the couple) and killing vision off and destroying the couple was petty spite on his part.

A substantial number of problems in both DC and Marvel stem from Byrne’s bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Naturally birthed… A mutant and a synthezoid? Being born from magic means it could be undone with magic.

Comics consist of science fiction. And require some suspension of disbelief. Because they are based on fantasy. We don't have super powers in real life either.

But in comics up until Byrne, magic allowed Wanda and Vision to conceive children, carry them to term, and Doctor Strange helped her deliver them.

That was the story before Byrne retconned it. It was Vision's HoM because it wrecked him for a long while and he was never the same. Because he had been torn apart and turned into a blank slate.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-19-2021 at 12:48 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Comics consist of science fiction. And require some suspension of disbelief. Because they are based on fantasy. We don't have super powers in real life either.

But in comics up until Byrne, magic allowed Wanda and Vision to conceive children, carry them to term, and Doctor Strange helped her deliver them.

That was the story before Byrne retconned it. It was Vision's HoM because it wrecked him for a long while and he was never the same. Because he had been torn apart and turned into a blank slate.
    To some extent. It’s harder to believe when you pile up… weird stuff. A comic has its own logic, I mean it looks logic if you don’t look too closely: according to the law of physics, Iron Man shouldn’t be able to fly the way he does.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

To some extent. It’s harder to believe when you pile up… weird stuff. A comic has its own logic, I mean it looks logic if you don’t look too closely: according to the law of physics, Iron Man shouldn’t be able to fly the way he does.
    Well weird is subjective in the world of fiction. That's a personal threshold. I think magic being used is a lot less weird than dead demon soul babies transplanted into the bodies of kids born to someone else.

I'd rather they just be Wanda and Vision's magic babies again. Mephisto is used too often to break up relationships. And is one hell-lord too many when Wanda already has Chthon closely associated.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I think the issue was more that he hated the writer or editor who preceded him (and who pushed the couple) and killing vision off and destroying the couple was petty spite on his part.

A substantial number of problems in both DC and Marvel stem from Byrne’s bad decisions.
    That’s... a theory I guess. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything about Byrne hating the writer (Steve Englehart). And the editor under both Byrne and Englehart was Mark Gruenwald so not sure Byrne really hated him, until maybe the end of his tenure on the book. And basing one of the key components of your run on spite? Color me skeptical.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    That’s... a theory I guess. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything about Byrne hating the writer (Steve Englehart). And the editor under both Byrne and Englehart was Mark Gruenwald so not sure Byrne really hated him, until maybe the end of his tenure on the book. And basing one of the key components of your run on spite? Color me skeptical.
    There have been stories online for years about Byrne not getting along with people because he does not hide his true feelings. I have no idea how true it is. I know he had a big feud with Jim Shooter. That much was confirmed. He also attacked PAD at one point.

https://www.cbr.com/craziest-comic-books-creator-feuds/

http://www.peterdavid.net/archives/000974.html

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...ovels/72476368

He also insulted many other creators http://comicsbulletin.com/main/sites...2404535125.htm

Last edited by juan678; 01-21-2021 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I really really hate the fact that Fassbender dont age. He is a wonderful YoungNeto but isnt he in 50's? Paul Rudd syndrome.

He uses a good moisturizer.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I really really hate the fact that Fassbender dont age. He is a wonderful YoungNeto but isnt he in 50's? Paul Rudd syndrome.
    He uses a good moisturizer.
    lol but it´s a nice wink from the show the relation in decades, just like in the X-men trilogies, I guess Evan Peters will appear on the 70´s just like in his first apparition in DOFP.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Naturally birthed as in she went through 9 months and child labor and all that.
    There are no lack of magically constructed life in Marvel Universe, if anything Wanda's pregnency is just the magic equivalent of In vitro fertilization, we are talking about a universe where bunch of humanoids have no reproductive isolation what so ever and they just mix species like charm. So yeah, her kids are natural by MU's standards.