Page 88 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1446

People liking the idea of that never means they have to deny Wanda's actual canon history though.

I personally hope Wanda creates some sort of relationship with Polaris. Because I feel there is a lot of closure to be had.

But that doesn't have to have a complete erasure of Wanda's actual history to happen.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    To be fair the most recent retcon more of reestablished the full on blood connection to the Maximoff line, and revealed their aunt/step-mom is actually alive.
    Yes I know that. Even if they were dead, who they were to her wouldn't change. Blood wouldn't change it. Because that family had the twins from infancy until they were teenagers. The retcon with Mags not happening until the twins were grown with kids of their own.

Astonishing Member

To be fair the most recent retcon more of reestablished the full on blood connection to the Maximoff line, and revealed their aunt/step-mom is actually alive.
    Wait when did this get reestablished?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Wait when did this get reestablished?
    Scarlet Witch solo book. It was first established. Up until that point, they were her adoptive family. And they were still that during the Mags retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Imagine how bored we are

Extraordinary Member

I mean Maximoffs are always the ones who actually raised the twins since 1977, no matter how retcons go.

baumblume

Dark Ages #32021

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, are you saying most of her life experience is pointless then? Jeez, there is no struggle between her family and Avengers, Avengers are her chosen family.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    How do we get to the point where people convince themselves that a team that has had most of Wanda's comics material, all of her relationships, all of her progression never benefited her in the slighest?

Her family is the Maximoffs. No matter what retcons happen. They are the ones who raised her and gave her love and support. Through all the retcons.
    I was talking about how the struggle writers keep trying to astroturf about Avengers vs Magnus family never serves Wanda, not the Avengers not benefiting Wanda.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I was talking about how the struggle writers keep trying to astroturf about Avengers vs Magnus family never serves Wanda, not the Avengers not benefiting Wanda.
    Agreed is interesting marvel is addressing the strugle but I donīt think they see it the same way as the fans do.

But about Wanda, she just needs to stop being used for other people stories, I hope Busiek gets a chance to write her again and put some order in her recent continuity from her pov.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Dark Ages #32021
    I loved this moment so much, I have no words, just a nice character moment of family love from them both.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed is interesting marvel is addressing the strugle but I donīt think they see it the same way as the fans do.
    There is a certain amount of inter-office issues that goes into every X-Men vs Avengers fight. It actually could work well for Wanda when its House of M vs Avengers if they play up the torn loyalties aspect which I don't think they have ever done really.

By the way what did you think about X-Men #5?

There is a certain amount of inter-office issues that goes into every X-Men vs Avengers fight. It actually could work well for Wanda when its House of M vs Avengers if they play up the torn loyalties aspect which I don't think they have ever done really.

By the way what did you think about X-Men #5?
    I liked to see Lorna defeating the reavers and her helping with the nuclear plant but those are mainly feats for her, in the scene with Jean I didnīt like she didnīt give a speech or had a memory to be part of the team and I thought it was dissapointing we didnīt see her motivation, not for wanting to be on the X-men or for changing her mind and I donīt think Jean changing her words was neccesary at all, this was an opportunity to see her thoughts outside the coffe and the feats but I think it was wasted.

Now I liked to read her letter to Northstar but I fear this may mean they are going to send her to limbo, I hope I am wrong and her vacations involve her investigating whoever is sending all those threats to earth to fight the X-men, I think that would be a good arc for her, especially if she fights the High Evolutionary, given the connections he has with Magneto, Wanda and Pietro.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I liked to see Lorna defeating the reavers and her helping with the nuclear plant but those are mainly feats for her, in the scene with Jean I didnīt like she didnīt give a speech or had a memory to be part of the team and I thought it was dissapointing we didnīt see her motivation, not for wanting to be on the X-men or for changing her mind and I donīt think Jean changing her words was neccesary at all, this was an opportunity to see her thoughts outside the coffe and the feats but I think it was wasted.

Now I liked to read her letter to Northstar but I fear this may mean they are going to send her to limbo, I hope I am wrong and her vacations involve her investigating whoever is sending all those threats to earth to fight the X-men, I think that would be a good arc for her, especially if she fights the High Evolutionary, given the connections he has with Magneto, Wanda and Pietro.
    Agreed entirely.

Its why this issue deserves to be among Lorna's top ten great battles issues, though not among the top ten for illustrating what Lorna's thinking and worldview happens to be.

She didn't need a speech as long and indepth as the one she gave in UXM #443, but she could have used one at least as short and poignant as the one she gave in X-Factor 94 to explain her worldview.

While I felt Lorna's one page speech in Leah's X-Factor #4 was better than usual for her in that run and the only page in the issue I can read without cringing at it isn't an explanation of worldview other than the idea that these people hurt us so we should slaughter them. That is a perfectly in character motivation for Lorna in the story arc, but not anything beyond it.

Lorna is working at the furtherance of a project for a new mutant homeland, but we don't really know what she feels about the idea at this point and we are three years in.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-27-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Agreed entirely.

Its why this issue deserves to be among Lorna's top ten great battles issues, though not among the top ten for illustrating what Lorna's thinking and worldview happens to be.

She didn't need a speech as long and indepth as the one she gave in UXM #443, but she could have used one at least as short and poignant as the one she gave in X-Factor 94 to explain her worldview.

While I felt Lorna's one page speech in Leah's X-Factor #4 was better than usual for her in that run and the only page in the issue I can read without cringing at it isn't an explanation of worldview other than the idea that these people hurt us so we should slaughter them. That is a perfectly in character motivation for Lorna in the story arc, but not anything beyond it.

Lorna is working at the furtherance of a project for a new mutant homeland, but we don't really know what she feels about the idea at this point and we are three years in.
    Exactly we need to know why this matters to her, why itīs important or if this is just about her friends and family being there, so sheīs there? but even in this case she needs to say her reasons.

Exactly we need to know why this matters to her, why itīs important or if this is just about her friends and family being there, so sheīs there? but even in this case she needs to say her reasons.
    The lack of defined motivation and connection to her history has been the weakest area Lorna has had the past decade.

Leah talks about Wanda and her mutant heritage starting at 1:01:00

Spoilers and big ones for Trial of Magneto.