Page 90 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1446

And when you think* wanda couldn't get more dragged in a book there is trial of magneto #4

The only version of the character thriving is the MCU version
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 11-30-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Leah Williams: Using the Scarlet Witch as an example… her Jewish and Romani ancestry is a big part of those data pages and what I am looking at for how her magic comes out of her. Jewish mysticism is really important for what’s going on with her in Trial of Magneto.

Connor: I noticed that and have really appreciated it as the erasure of Wanda’s Jewishness is very upsetting to me as a Jewish reader… I have appreciated the emphasis on them being Magneto’s children regardless of any other considerations. They are his. They are a family.

Leah Williams: Completely.

Connor: I think that is important so I have noticed the Kabbala stuff.

Leah Williams:
    Good, I am glad to hear it. To me something that comes naturally to the characters. The output of their magic is going to resemble their identity, their culture and training and experiences. With Wanda she has got her heritage and her history and magical training at this point… we are going to be pushing that (the magic) to its furthest additive conclusion. Its not destructive like we have seen in the past. Its additive she is in control.

At Cerebro Podcast time 3:02:47
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-01-2021 at 04:14 PM.

so wanda and quicksilver are retcon back to being his kids again right?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I doubt it, it's probably just gonna be another Kindred situation where it went from: 'Brand New Day turned the real Harry into a demon and he needs Peter to remember the deal' to 'The Osborn AI keeps resurrecting the Stacy Twins to use as Kindred against Spider-Man and Dr. Strange plays roulette with Mephisto'. This has already gone from: 'Magneto is in some deep **** with family' to 'Magneto's still in this book?'

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    And when you think* wanda couldn't get more dragged in a book there is trial of magneto #4

The only version of the character thriving is the MCU version
    I love Trial of Magneto. For the first time since decimation Wanda directly addresses mutants on what she did. We will see more of that next issue obviously. It’s important Wanda directly dialogues with her fellow mutants for resolution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I doubt it, it's probably just gonna be another Kindred situation where it went from: 'Brand New Day turned the real Harry into a demon and he needs Peter to remember the deal' to 'The Osborn AI keeps resurrecting the Stacy Twins to use as Kindred against Spider-Man and Dr. Strange plays roulette with Mephisto'. This has already gone from: 'Magneto is in some deep **** with family' to 'Magneto's still in this book?'
    Yes. They are back to his kids and when it lines up with the MCU Marvel will do a proper origin story that could not be placed in Trial of Magneto because that needs to be in concert with MCU plans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Yes. They are back to his kids and when it lines up with the MCU Marvel will do a proper origin story that could not be placed in Trial of Magneto because that needs to be in concert with MCU plans.
    They're not back to his kids yet. The closest we got was that scene in S.W.O.R.D. where Magneto tells Wanda that she will always be his daughter but that scene accepts that they're not biologically related.

Maybe this will change in the last issue. It hasn't yet.

As for the MCU, they just doubled down on Wanda and Pietro's parents being two Sokovians who got killed by a bomb. That's the fullest origin story we're likely to get there, not that the comics should take their cues from that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They're not back to his kids yet. The closest we got was that scene in S.W.O.R.D. where Magneto tells Wanda that she will always be his daughter but that scene accepts that they're not biologically related.

Maybe this will change in the last issue. It hasn't yet.

As for the MCU, they just doubled down on Wanda and Pietro's parents being two Sokovians who got killed by a bomb. That's the fullest origin story we're likely to get there, not that the comics should take their cues from that.
    The scene in swore does not accept they are biologically related because previously he told her she looks like his oldest daughter Anya. Magneto is not a nice guy and he would not her for her or Pietro is they were not biologically related. Plus the twins were raised by the Maximoffs. If Magneto is just a guy who forced them to be in the brotherhood there is no reason for him to care for them or them to care for him.

The Magnus family dysfunction is what makes the family interesting. And to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I think that the X-Men editor want this to be so, but the Avengers editors won't allow it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think that the X-Men editor want this to be so, but the Avengers editors won't allow it.
    Leah Williams said that what they are doing has to go within the context of the MCU’s future plans for Wanda Maximoff. Neither the Avengers nor X-Men office has the actual final say. Kevin Feige does. Right now Marvel hasn’t revealed much for its mutant plans beyond the X-Men 97 cartoon now that they have all the rights back.

baumblume

baumblume