Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Me too, We are talking here days after Endgame, I can see her still not being Ok after being brought back and seeing Vision dead but this definitely is not something sheīs doing on her own. There are some rumors AIM will be involved because of the Hexagonal symbols all around the story and yes it would be nice to see her new costume. Monica already is trying to help her so hopefully they will bond over their losses after the blip. Agatha is still a suspect but her reaction to the twins asking Wanda to bring back their dog makes me think that while she probably knows a lot more than Wanda sheīs also being kind of forced to be there. Also yes itīs time for her to have a new costume

HoM was sucn an interesting story on paper, I actually got the Hardcover of the first issue because I was so excited so it was a full let down to see an interesting beggining be turned into a A + V story with Wanda, Pietro and Magneto just being background scenario and the evil that had to be killed. I was just like "What?" and the fact they could not bother enough to think about the family biggest wishes said a lot about them not being the characters running the story, just before HoM Magneto was held prisoner in an illusion of living with Magda and Anya, you would think they would be on his mind during HoM yet they were completely absent there, Pietroīs family was nowhere to be seen and while Wandaīs twins were there they mostly lacked personality to make us care for them when/if she lost them again and we didnīt know how Lorna related to the rest of the family or why they decided to bring her for the ride, it would be nice to think it was Pietroīs idea because they used to be friends but we got nothing on them. I honestly would have appreciated a lot more to see a character study on them than just another story where logan wants to fix things with his claws and Peter losing Gwen all over again and the X-men/Avengers escalating things by attacking them openly with a sentinel
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-07-2021 at 02:49 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Me too, We are talking here days after Endgame, I can see her still not being Ok after being brought back and seeing Vision dead but this definitely is not something sheīs doing on her own. There are some rumors AIM will be involved because of the Hexagonal symbols all around the story and yes it would be nice to see her new costume. Monica already is trying to help her so hopefully they will bond over their losses after the blip. Agatha is still a suspect but her reaction to the twins asking Wanda to bring back their dog makes me think that while she probably knows a lot more than Wanda sheīs also being kind of forced to be there. Also yes itīs time for her to have a new costume

HoM was sucn an interesting story on paper, I actually got the Hardcover of the first issue because I was so excited so it was a full let down to see an interesting beggining be turned into a A + V story with Wanda, Pietro and Magneto just being background scenario and the evil that had to be killed. I was just like "What?" and the fact they could not bother enough to think about the family biggest wishes said a lot about them not being the characters running the story, just before HoM Magneto was held prisoner in an illusion of living with Magda and Anya, you would think they would be on his mind during HoM yet they were completely absent there, Pietroīs family was nowhere to be seen and while Wandaīs twins were there they mostly lacked personality to make us care for them when/if she lost them again and we didnīt know how Lorna related to the rest of the family or why they decided to bring her for the ride, it would be nice to think it was Pietroīs idea because they used to be friends but we got nothing on them. I honestly would have appreciated a lot more to see a character study on them than just another story where logan wants to fix things with his claws and Peter losing Gwen all over again and the X-men/Avengers escalating things by attacking them openly with a sentinel
    It was weird that Wanda created a reality for Mags anyway because at this point they were very much estranged. Wanda never trusted him after he used her being catatonic before to force her back into the Brotherhood. So when she passes out after AD, Cap completely forgets all this stuff that happened and hands her over to Mags again! Like, I know it's Bendis so that's why none of it makes sense. But Cap definitely knew of the history of Mags manipulating Wanda. Cap deserved one of those V-8 head slaps for that one.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Liz also doesn't stop to ever think how problematic some of the things she says is. There's nothing to celebrate about that depiction. Not of mental illness, not of Wanda, not of female characters in general.

So far the show has treated things far better than comics by making her an active player and making grief feel human instead of villainous. She was background dressing in HoM.
    Except with good writing, the raw material of House of M laid the groundwork for much better stories. At the time, yes, Avengers Assemble and House of M were meant to complete trash one of the most prominent female Avengers. Ironically, it made the Scarlet Witch a much stronger character who is getting much more television and film exposure as a result.

It was weird that Wanda created a reality for Mags anyway because at this point they were very much estranged. Wanda never trusted him after he used her being catatonic before to force her back into the Brotherhood. So when she passes out after AD, Cap completely forgets all this stuff that happened and hands her over to Mags again! Like, I know it's Bendis so that's why none of it makes sense. But Cap definitely knew of the history of Mags manipulating Wanda. Cap deserved one of those V-8 head slaps for that one.
    Yes but this wasnīt really Brotherhood Magneto, this was a Magneto that had been spending months tryng to rebuilt Genosha and taking care of itīs survivors, all Wanda knew at the time was that he was killed there and Bendis suggested she brought him back to life, something that was never explained and was dropped as a plot point but She was present during his "funeral" and meet Lorna as her sister this, added to the time they tried to be family in the 80īs itīs enough for me to buy she has complicated feelings over their relationship enough to call for help in a desperate moment.

Magneto took care of her for 6 months aprox. Pietro made sure the Avengers knew where She was and who was taking care of her, Xavier gave her therapy for months and Dr Strange also tried to help so this is hardly a situation in which they just gave up Wanda and forgot all about her like they did with Carol that one time.

I also think that the time Magneto spend taking care of her managed to develop a clossenes they never really had before, because they were no longer Magneto and the Scarlet Witch interacting, but father and daughter and while Wanda was unaware most of the time, the artists gave some clues she appreciated him taking care of her like when she changed the room she was so that it was more similar to her room with the Avengers or her includding him during the fake birth of the twins, remembering he was also there in the original Vision and the Scarlet Witch series.

Bendis suggested Pietro and Wanda wanted to give Magneto back Genosha so it would be interesting if instead of that, the twins really handed themselves and everyone else their ideal life but who knows if they would be living together as family or separated with a home of their own. We are talking here about ideal worlds, not reality. The Avengers and X-men would be really confused on this scenario because they would be living their best lives but would not have a clue whoīs really behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter
    Except with good writing, the raw material of House of M laid the groundwork for much better stories. At the time, yes, Avengers Assemble and House of M were meant to complete trash one of the most prominent female Avengers. Ironically, it made the Scarlet Witch a much stronger character who is getting much more television and film exposure as a result.
    Agreed itīs ironic but I think this story despite itīs flaws helped to turn the interest on Wandaīs story as the protagonist
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-07-2021 at 04:22 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Yes but this wasnīt really Brotherhood Magneto, this was a Magneto that had been spending months tryng to rebuilt Genosha and taking care of itīs survivors, all Wanda knew at the time was that he was killed there and Bendis suggested she brought him back to life, something that was never explained and was dropped as a plot point but She was present during his "funeral" and meet Lorna as her sister this, added to the time they tried to be family in the 80īs itīs enough for me to buy she has complicated feelings over their relationship enough to call for help in a desperate moment.

Magneto took care of her for 6 months aprox. Pietro made sure the Avengers knew where She was and who was taking care of her, Xavier gave her therapy for months and Dr Strange also tried to help so this is hardly a situation in which they just gave up Wanda and forgot all about her like they did with Carol that one time.

I also think that the time Magneto spend taking care of her managed to develop a clossenes they never really had before, because they were no longer Magneto and the Scarlet Witch interacting, but father and daughter and while Wanda was unaware most of the time, the artists gave some clues she appreciated him taking care of her like when she changed the room she was so that it was more similar to her room with the Avengers or her includding him during the fake birth of the twins, remembering he was also there in the original Vision and the Scarlet Witch series.

Bendis suggested Pietro and Wanda wanted to give Magneto back Genosha so it would be interesting if instead of that, the twins really handed themselves and everyone else their ideal life but who knows if they would be living together as family or separated with a home of their own. We are talking here about ideal worlds, not reality. The Avengers and X-men would be really confused on this scenario because they would be living their best lives but would not have a clue whoīs really behind this.

Agreed itīs ironic but I think this story despite itīs flaws helped to turn the interest on Wandaīs story as the protagonist
    Kind of, because while he was different, he wasn't really written by Bendis to be that different because Bendis also had him kill Quicksilver.

Wanda really had opposition to him. She did go to his funeral but wasn't warm towards him. Her and Quicksilver get into a fight about it during Busiek's run.

They didn't really get to get close. Because she was in a coma. She still now hates him and is relieved to not be related. So I think he regrets a lot of stuff, but she still does not trust him.

I think it'd have made more sense for her to create a reality that had something to do with herself. In her show it's at least something she wanted for herself. It doesn't make sense that she creates a world for Mags and mutants that she had very little to do with and spends her time in this reality being basically mute and inactive.

The wanting to confuse people to not expose the reality is weird too, because in retrospect, she's fully possessed by the life force at this point. And this isn't a reality for her so why would she want to stay in it?

I think the show does it better because it's involving people she cared about. And she gets to live the life with Vision she never got to do. HoM had bits and pieces of that, but the main part of the story is about mutants and Wolverine figuring out that this world wasn't real. The focus was not on Wanda.

Kind of, because while he was different, he wasn't really written by Bendis to be that different because Bendis also had him kill Quicksilver.
    Yes poor Pietro that made me go WTH Bendis, I was sure Wanda was going to kill Magneto after that. I think marvel has not properly deal with their reaction to this, this explains why Magneto let Pietro beat him to pulp in the SoM series and on AvX but also why he tried to stop him from hurting other people while he was at it, thanks to the Avengers and X-men books their relationship is a hot mess where both show thereīs a level of care for the other but itīs shown in really disfunctional ways following the tradition of toxic father/Son relationships but to be fair I think Avengers Academy tackled their relationshop better and even on Quicksilver no surrender Pietro grudginly defended him even if they are not family anymore. I just wish they had a real heart to heart talk at some point.

Wanda really had opposition to him. She did go to his funeral but wasn't warm towards him. Her and Quicksilver get into a fight about it during Busiek's run.

They didn't really get to get close. Because she was in a coma. She still now hates him and is relieved to not be related. So I think he regrets a lot of stuff, but she still does not trust him.
    I think their relationship on her part is hate/resentment with a touch of wishing things were different and regret/shame on Magnetoīs part but writers have focused more on Pietro and Magneto relationship than Wanda and Magneto, with the exception of Remender who had some interesting Wandaīs thoughts before he broke their family ties. I think this because just after discovering he was her father she invited him to her home on a thanksgiving day with all the Avengers around, that surprised Pietro and even Magneto so imo their relationship is a little more complicated than just hater but I get we will not agree on this.

I think it'd have made more sense for her to create a reality that had something to do with herself. In her show it's at least something she wanted for herself. It doesn't make sense that she creates a world for Mags and mutants that she had very little to do with and spends her time in this reality being basically mute and inactive.

The wanting to confuse people to not expose the reality is weird too, because in retrospect, she's fully possessed by the life force at this point. And this isn't a reality for her so why would she want to stay in it?

I think the show does it better because it's involving people she cared about. And she gets to live the life with Vision she never got to do. HoM had bits and pieces of that, but the main part of the story is about mutants and Wolverine figuring out that this world wasn't real. The focus was not on Wanda.
    Yes thatīs why I donīt think the Wandavision series is about HoM itīs more the Vision and Scarlet Witch MCU version with some Darker than Scarlet and the Vision series.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-07-2021 at 05:43 PM.

BANNED

Yes poor Pietro that made me go WTH Bendis, I was sure Wanda was going to kill Magneto after that. I think marvel has not properly deal with their reaction to this, this explains why Magneto let Pietro beat him to pulp in the SoM series and on AvX but also why he tried to stop him from hurting other people while he was at it, thanks to the Avengers and X-men books their relationship is a hot mess where both show thereīs a level of care for the other but itīs shown in really disfunctional ways following the tradition of toxic father/Son relationships but to be fair I think Avengers Academy tackled their relationshop better and even on Quicksilver no surrender Pietro grudginly defended him even if they are not family anymore. I just wish they had a real heart to heart talk at some point.

I think their relationship on her part is hate/resentment with a touch of wishing things were different and regret/shame on Magnetoīs part but writers have focused more on Pietro and Magneto relationship than Wanda and Magneto, with the exception of Remender who had some interesting Wandaīs thoughts before he broke their family ties. I think this because just after discovering he was her father she invited him to her home on a thanksgiving day with all the Avengers around, that surprised Pietro and even Magneto so imo their relationship is a little more complicated than just hater but I get we will not agree on this.

Yes thatīs why I donīt think the Wandavision series is about HoM itīs more the Vision and Scarlet Witch MCU version with some Darker than Scarlet and the Vision series.
    Itīs a combination of all of them. In Vision and the Scarlet Witch and Darker than Scarlet she did not alter reality to create an ideal world. That part of Wandavision is taken from House of M. The Vision and the Scarlet Witch inspired them living together as a family in the suburbs. Wanda finding the Vision and putting him together? Darker than Scarlet.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Itīs a combination of all of them. In Vision and the Scarlet Witch and Darker than Scarlet she did not alter reality to create an ideal world. That part of Wandavision is taken from House of M. The Vision and the Scarlet Witch inspired them living together as a family in the suburbs. Wanda finding the Vision and putting him together? Darker than Scarlet.
    You are right, the manipulation of reality is HoM and the rest if the Vision and Scarlet Witch and Darker than Scarlet series. My take is that while Wandavision is taking the manipulation of reality and ideal world from HoM, Pietro, the Avengers and the X-men are not there yet so itīs doesnīt share the story from HoM but takes some elements from it into the story and itīs doing a good job of managing all those elements into something different. I think this will be the origin story of Wanda for the MCU and her realtionship with magic so thereīs Agatha and probably the darkhold around there.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-07-2021 at 07:31 PM.

And also the idealic suburban family suddenly turns dark is from The Vision. Because Vision and the Scarlet Witch was overall pretty happy.

She went back and forth at times earlier on, but then settled on I don't trust him and didn't give him anymore chances. Thanksgiving was in the 80s before that, and before he used the opportunity to manipulate her after her kids were consumed by Master Pandemonium.

Wanda is way more open at this point with creating a relationship with Polaris. But Polaris understandably doesn't trust her. It's a wicked web.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-07-2021 at 09:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Even with supposed "good writing", AD/HOM would still be tearing down years of lore writers(pre-Bendis/post-Byrne) build up for her.
    And really? Did you think her power level from HoM is any good for her character other than "superhero dick-size measurement" between fans?
    And thinking AD/HOM somehow in turn gave her more TV/Movie exposure is a freaking fallacy, the reason she is in MCU is due to Whedon giving a shit back then.
    She would have been in MCU anyway if she didn't miss the years between 2005-2012. The only irony here is her getting tramped unto the ground and by some miracle got back on her feet, no thanks to AD/HOM that is.

Extraordinary Member

Bendis suggested Pietro and Wanda wanted to give Magneto back Genosha so it would be interesting if instead of that, the twins really handed themselves and ever
    yone else their ideal life but who knows if they would be living together as family or separated with a home of their own. We are talking here about ideal worlds, not reality. The Avengers and X-men would be really confused on this scenario because they would be living their best lives but would not have a clue whoīs really behind this.

Again, it's off-screen and a huge "maybe", in the same veins a lot of "family fans" assume a none-existent relationship between them just because it "could have" happened, is there all the effort there is? A premise without content, let the fans fill the huge void with headcanons?

If that's the case, why do we get loads of fan theories focusing on nothing but using Wanda as a plot device to introduce whatever their actual favs are? It's not ironic, HOM reinforce the idea of Wanda being everyone's plot device, and it's reflected in a lot of "fans" ' wish lists.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-07-2021 at 09:55 PM.

[B]She went back and forth at times earlier on, but then settled on I don't trust him and didn't give him anymore chances. Thanksgiving was in the 80s before that, and before he used the opportunity to manipulate her after her kids were consumed by Master Pandemonium.
    I agree that was her conclusion and she had reason to take that positionbut I didnīt saw him trying to manipulate Wanda in darker than scarlet, he mostly stopped her from going too far and tried to form a new Brotherhood with her and Quicksilver again, a dick move for sure but not quite manipulation. Of course after she was herself again she had reason to distrust him as he was once again on the path towards becoming a main villain and he didnīt stop until after the destruction of Genosha.

My take is that the feelings they have for each other are still there even if both of them are of the opinion that itīs a lost cause to act on them. Thatīs kind what makes their time on Genosha with him taking care of her so bittersweet because itīs not that heīs trying to make amends with her, heīs trying to help her get back on her feet so she can get back to her own life, knowing they will never be on good terms and after HoM they really were completely distanced in an even greater way.

Wanda is way more open at this point with creating a relationship with Polaris. But Polaris understandably doesn't trust her. It's a wicked web.
    Yes itīs a wicked web, Lorna actually trust Pietro way more than she does Wanda, mostly because she doesnīt really know her and because she also lost her powers without having any guilt on the whole issue of HoM, she probably would be open to give Wanda a chance but Wanda would have to make the first step.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-07-2021 at 10:17 PM.

I agree that was her conclusion and she had reason to take that positionbut I didnīt saw him trying to manipulate Wanda in darker than scarlet, he mostly stopped her from going too far and tried to form a new Brotherhood with her and Quicksilver again, a dick move for sure but not quite manipulation. Of course after she was herself again she had reason to distrust him as he was once again on the path towards becoming a main villain and he didnīt stop until after the destruction of Genosha.

My take is that the feelings they have for each other are still there even if both of them are of the opinion that itīs a lost cause to act on them. Thatīs kind what makes their time on Genosha with him taking care of her so bittersweet because itīs not that heīs trying to make amends with her, heīs trying to help her get back on her feet so she can get back to her own life, knowing they will never be on good terms and after HoM they really were completely distanced in an even greater way.

Yes itīs a wicked web, Lorna actually trust Pietro way more than she does Wanda, mostly because she doesnīt really know her and because she also lost her powers without having any guilt on the whole issue of HoM, she probably would be open to give Wanda a chance but Wanda would have to make the first step.
    That's not how Darker than Scarlet tells it. He uses her after she becomes catatonic. She's not able to refuse or anything else. He wasn't stopping her from going too far because Agatha had already used a spell to knock her out.

That's not how Darker than Scarlet tells it. He uses her after she becomes catatonic. She's not able to refuse or anything else. He wasn't stopping her from going too far because Agatha had already used a spell to knock her out.
    Magneto woke Wanda from her coma after she lost her children and she already had a whole new actitude, he stopped her from hurting Wonder Man and even asked Pietro what was going on with her to which Pietro answered he didnīt know and Wanda got angry at them for talking as if she wasnīt there. The villain who actually was manipulating wanda on that story was Kang, he wated to make Wanda lose her children and make her crazy, because he wanted to use her power.