Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto woke Wanda from her coma after she lost her children and she already had a whole new actitude, he stopped her from hurting Wonder Man and even asked Pietro what was going on with her to which Pietro answered he didnīt know and Wanda got angry at them for talking as if she wasnīt there. The villain who actually was manipulating wanda on that story was Kang, he wated to make Wanda lose her children and make her crazy, because he wanted to use her power.
    Immortus was one that was manipulating her also but Mags did use her fragile state to get her at his side. Everyone wanted the Wonder Man thing to end. It was too freaking weird. I don't know what's going on in Byrne's head, but yikes! Immortus manipulated her entire life to lead down that path. Which is also dumb because it removes all her agency in comics up to that point. If I had my way Darker than Scarlet and AD/HoM would disappear.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Id love to see magda return, and her twins to be their own characters, it be a great way to complete that mystery and permenantly cut away the maximoffs

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Immortus was one that was manipulating her also but Mags did use her fragile state to get her at his side. Everyone wanted the Wonder Man thing to end. It was too freaking weird. I don't know what's going on in Byrne's head, but yikes! Immortus manipulated her entire life to lead down that path. Which is also dumb because it removes all her agency in comics up to that point. If I had my way Darker than Scarlet and AD/HoM would disappear.
    Immortus, I always mix him with Kang sorry

It was a dick move but at least she knew what she was doing and was aware enough to snap at Magneto and Pietro for talking over her, thatīs why I donīt count it as an actual manipulation and yikes, Yes I felt really uncomfortable reading that

It looked like Byrne wanted to do his own "Dark Phoenix story" so this was not going to end well, specially since he also forgot to give her agency, she looked more like a doll at immortus side than anything else and it wasnīt compelling at all or good storytelling, Jean at least was the protagonist of Dark Phoenix and she gets to get back at mastermind and Emma when they tried to manipulate her for her power while Wanda was just there with her blank eyes being rescued by the Avengers once again.

I think Wanda needs an arc where she learns to use her magic to disturb people who try to use her power that way, she was close to that during her series but it would be nice to see her have a moment where she just gets back to the people that keep trying to use her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro
    Id love to see magda return, and her twins to be their own characters, it be a great way to complete that mystery and permenantly cut away the maximoffs
    I would like if Magda came back but it looks like marvel thinks of her and Anya as Magnetoīs "uncle Ben" event. But if they do bring her back I would like for them to really work with her character to give her, her own voice in the story. I actually would not mind a romance story for Magneto, I didnīt enjoy his time with Rogue and his relationship with Lee was really long ago. Him being actually in love with someone as significant in his life as Magda would be a welcome change and an interesting conflict because he now lives on Krakoa.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-07-2021 at 11:02 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Immortus, I always mix him with Kang sorry

It was a dick move but at least she knew what she was doing and was aware enough to snap at Magneto and Pietro for talking over her, thatīs why I donīt count it as an actual manipulation and yikes, Yes I felt really uncomfortable reading that

It looked like Byrne wanted to do his own "Dark Phoenix story" so this was not going to end well, specially since he also forgot to give her agency, she looked more like a doll at immortus side than anything else and it wasnīt compelling at all or good storytelling, Jean at least was the protagonist of Dark Phoenix and she gets to get back at mastermind and Emma when they tried to manipulate her for her power while Wanda was just there with her blank eyes being rescued by the Avengers once again.

I think Wanda needs an arc where she learns to use her magic to disturb people who try to use her power that way, she was close to that during her series but it would be nice to see her have a moment where she just gets back to the people that keep trying to use her.
    It doesn't feel like a manipulation because Marvel is bad at depicting mental illness, so they didn't know that nervous breakdowns don't work that way. It's not gonna make anyone more likely to join a villain group, lol.

She did learn magic to control her own powers, so maybe she does need to figure out some enchantment to keep others from possessing her.

It doesn't feel like a manipulation because Marvel is bad at depicting mental illness, so they didn't know that nervous breakdowns don't work that way. It's not gonna make anyone more likely to join a villain group, lol.
    I think marvel uses way too much the mental illness card to justify bad characterization. Wanda wasnīt really suffering from a mental illenes at the time, she had a completely understable shock after her twins were killed in front of her, had her memory of them erased by Agatha got woken up by Magneto and then Immortus keep manipulating her actions(in the space of a few days) Thatīs just too much. I read her as a woman full of anger at the time with no memory of why she was so angry, which only makes things worse, not someone suffering from a mental illness but then again, if she was written better, she would have showed other estages of grief, not just the anger.

She did learn magic to control her own powers, so maybe she does need to figure out some enchantment to keep others from possessing her.
    Yes that would be good to see.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I think marvel uses way too much the mental illness card to justify bad characterization. Wanda wasnīt really suffering from a mental illenes at the time, she had a completely understable shock after her twins were killed in front of her, had her memory of them erased by Agatha got woken up by Magneto and then Immortus keep manipulating her actions(in the space of a few days) Thatīs just too much. I read her as a woman full of anger at the time with no memory of why she was so angry, which only makes things worse, not someone suffering from a mental illness but then again, if she was written better, she would have showed other estages of grief, not just the anger.
    For sure at the time she was not written as having a mental illness. That's something they retroactively gave to her. Which is another problem. They keep going back and tacking on more things. She's already a pretty complicated character. It's unnecessary. It's not as much of a problem if it's a good depiction. But it had cliches all over it.

For sure at the time she was not written as having a mental illness. That's something they retroactively gave to her. Which is another problem. They keep going back and tacking on more things. She's already a pretty complicated character. It's unnecessary. It's not as much of a problem if it's a good depiction. But it had cliches all over it.
    Agreed but I guess this is also the result of being writen for so many years with different takes on her, after a while most characters need a retelling of their story that makes them whole once again. I liked nights of Wundagore because it was a story that didnīt seek to dramatically change her character or to make an impactful scene, it just wanted to make sense of her story and add news elements to her lore.

I think it would be good for Wanda that kind of story once again, one that doesnīt seek to change her story but help to make sense of it. WandaVision is doing this for MCU Wanda so we need the comics to catch up on that because I get the feeling after HoM marvel uses her character to do things but without bothering to give an explanation why that would make sense for a character like her with her story. If they stop just adding stories that use her as a catalyst to make things happen and instead give her a depth look into who sheīs as a person and what makes her tick.

Her scene with her "therapist" on her series was a good example of this, I hope Darkhold has some moments where she reflects in such a way.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-08-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Agreed but I guess this is also the result of being writen for so many years with different takes on her, after a while most characters need a retelling of their story that makes them whole once again. I liked nights of Wundagore because it was a story that didnīt seek to dramatically change her character or to make an impactful scene, it just wanted to make sense of her story and add news elements to her lore.

I think it would be good for Wanda that kind of story once again, one that doesnīt seek to change her story but help to make sense of it. WandaVision is doing this for MCU Wanda so we need the comics to catch up on that because I get the feeling after HoM marvel uses her character to do things but without bothering to give an explanation why that would make sense for a character like her with her story. If they stop just adding stories that use her as a catalyst to make things happen and instead give her a depth look into who sheīs as a person and what makes her tick.

Her scene with her "therapist" on her series was a good example of this, I hope Darkhold has some moments where she reflects in such a way.
    Yeah I'm hoping for something good from Darkhold Alpha, when or if we finally get that.

Yeah I'm hoping for something good from Darkhold Alpha, when or if we finally get that.
    It will be out this year, lest hope the wait was worth it

It will be out this year, lest hope the wait was worth it
    Yeah, I saw that they said it will be. But I'm a bit concerned about it not having a general release time. It's just later this year.

Yeah, I saw that they said it will be. But I'm a bit concerned about it not having a general release time. It's just later this year.
    I think we should ask Tom Brevroot about it but I am sure once WandaVision story is told marvel will have more pressure to get out Darkhold.

I think we should ask Tom Brevroot about it but I am sure once WandaVision story is told marvel will have more pressure to get out Darkhold.
    I think CB Cebulski is overseeing this one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Oh, but WandaVision is going on the other direction. X-Men elements are being incorporated. I wonīt go into actual spoilers, but you can watch the series or Google for more information.

BANNED

Why bother having them disappear? Storytelling moves on. No need to be stuck 35 years ago or even 15 years ago.

I think the best elements of those have made for very compelling stories, because if not for Wandaīs past issues she probably would not have made the MCU Avengers, and certainly would not have gotten her TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Why bother having them disappear? Storytelling moves on. No need to be stuck 35 years ago or even 15 years ago.

I think the best elements of those have made for very compelling stories, because if not for Wandaīs past issues she probably would not have made the MCU Avengers, and certainly would not have gotten her TV show.
    They are garbage takes. And didn't follow the continuity before them. Just threw them away for whims. Why can't they be thrown away but the old Avengers and mutants could be?

Wanda in the MCU was because Feige was a fan of her's when he read during the Bronze age. It didn't have to do with AD/HoM.