Page 21 of 97 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I agree both on eventually bringing the X-Men together and on letting the characters develop separately first. I mentioned in the thread about The Mutants that it makes sense to me as MCU giving a fresh starting point with a slower burn than people would like, instead of just jumping straight into X-Men. Specific to Lorna, I do think she would benefit from being introduced separate from her father at first - as long as it doesn't entail her being presented as "Havok's girlfriend." If that runs a risk of happening then she's better off diving straight into Magneto's daughter instead, which is also plenty fair considering it's how she was introduced.
    I agree, they could just show him meeting Suzana in the series, just like in that HoM Civil War and Lorna could appear later on another movie or series, something similar to Peter Maximoff or even Emma´s Lorna and later them both find out they are related.

On another topic: I think Lorna on Gifted wearing her headpiece paved the way for Wanda wearing hers on Wandavision.

My memory of past discussions was people saying MCU Wanda should never have the headpiece because it would look "too goofy" and out of place in live action. Helmets, sure, but idea seemed to be that a headpiece would look weird and made no sense cause it served no purpose. But I think seeing Emma Dumont wearing Lorna's headpiece, and the fan buzz about it even in the state Gifted season 2 was in, really brought some people around to the idea of headpieces in turn allowing Wanda to get hers in Wandavision.
    Yes I saw that headpiece and it was more significant because she made it from what her dad left for her, headpieces can be a good thing and not goofy if the story justifies their presence in the story and they look good on them.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Now that it has ended, do you wish that Magneto and Polaris had appeared in Wandavision?
    Not really.

I suspect we will start to see little bits of the mutants hinted at in the next two to three years. I am hoping the MCU doesn't further divorce Wanda from them when that time comes. The Wandavision TV series has led to a major spark in interest online in the whole Magnus family as a unit from what I have seen even if they all weren't there.

https://i.postimg.cc/c4vP356x/wanda.png

link

Meanwhile, I just saw a tweet from someone saying they're getting nonstop phone calls about House of M at their store, and House of M is still #1 for the various categories on Amazon.
    Stores around the world are starting to finally get new printings to restock their shelves after weeks of it being sold out.

Last edited by jmc247; 03-10-2021 at 03:31 PM.

The fact that Wolverine it's the protagonist of that story...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The fact that Wolverine it's the protagonist of that story...
    Yeah that will be shocking to first time readers. There's not much Wanda in that. It's mostly just Wolverine knowing the world is fake and trying to get other people to realize it. It's about as much like WandaVision as AoU is about that comic. Both focused more on Wolverine, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

To be fair here, while House of M may follow Wolverine as the protagonist, Wanda is still the nexus/origin of the whole situation. People may not be reading Wanda directly, but they're indirectly reading the scale of her powers and the world she (within the scope of the story's depiction of her) chose to make with those powers.

It's akin to a story of following Monica Rambeau exploring Westview within the hex of Wandavision. You're still seeing what Wanda's done with it, the impact she had on the people within it, etc. You're just not seeing her direct point of view.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

To be fair here, while House of M may follow Wolverine as the protagonist, Wanda is still the nexus/origin of the whole situation. People may not be reading Wanda directly, but they're indirectly reading the scale of her powers and the world she (within the scope of the story's depiction of her) chose to make with those powers.

It's akin to a story of following Monica Rambeau exploring Westview within the hex of Wandavision. You're still seeing what Wanda's done with it, the impact she had on the people within it, etc. You're just not seeing her direct point of view.
    Reading someone's powers is not the same as reading and getting to know about them. She's just a plot device and nothing more. And with modern eyes, people will see how botched their treatment of her was. Because it's a very sexist treatment. She's made baby crazy to force a decade a mutant stories. And it isn't even Wanda's powers. There's nothing there she owns.

Monica Rambeau not being the focus of WandaVision is different because it's not billed as her show. HoM is being passed on to many as a Scarlet Witch comic. When it doesn't really have much to do with her at all. Everything is about everyone else. They get all the characterization.

Vision and the Scarlet Witch is also trending pretty high. They recollected it with Ross art on the cover, and released it for the show.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-10-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Reading someone's powers is not the same as reading and getting to know about them. She's just a plot device and nothing more. And with modern eyes, people will see how botched their treatment of her was. Because it's a very sexist treatment. She's made baby crazy to force a decade a mutant stories. And it isn't even Wanda's powers. There's nothing there she owns.

Monica Rambeau not being the focus of WandaVision is different because it's not billed as her show. HoM is being passed on to many as a Scarlet Witch comic. When it doesn't really have much to do with her at all. Everything is about everyone else. They get all the characterization.
    My most fervent hope for Wanda coming out of this is an awareness of how Wanda has been treated in the comics for the last two decades. I want them to understand that House of M is not a classic must-read to understand her, but a damn character assassination built on misogyny and ableism so that the likes Wolverine can star in yet another event.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    My most fervent hope for Wanda coming out of this is an awareness of how Wanda has been treated in the comics for the last two decades. I want them to understand that House of M is not a classic must-read to understand her, but a damn character assassination built on misogyny and ableism so that the likes Wolverine can star in yet another event.
    Yep, and hopefully it forces them to treat her and mental illness better. The "crazy" jokes alone between AD and HoM have aged like milk.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Vision and the Scarlet Witch is also trending pretty high. They recollected it with Ross art on the cover, and released it for the show.
    That is true many new readers do seem to be reading the Vision and Scarlet Witch and a Vision series as well.

My thought in terms of impact. I can see the potential harm yes its plain as day with the new readers responses.

But, I also feel there will be more positive things that come from the increased interest in the universe that will be more apparent in time.

Those things hopefully will have Wanda pushed forward as a character. Something she hasn't gotten that much since she was ripped apart 15 years ago. That's why it's always so bad when people fetishize what happened in HoM. Because it just keeps her in that moment in time and she doesn't get any development beyond it.

Astonishing Member

I suspect that HoM will forever be Wanda’s answer to Pym’s backhand. It’ll be addressed and put to bed, then brought back up forever

Of course, even that would require the Avengers office to not be spiteful and stick Wanda in limbo rather than let even the X-Books handle it (for better or worse) but she’s apparently the symbol of the Avengers having to break with tradition and *gasp* change in order to become relevant that the old guard want to undo now that they’ve returned to B-list status

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I suspect that HoM will forever be Wanda’s answer to Pym’s backhand. It’ll be addressed and put to bed, then brought back up forever

Of course, even that would require the Avengers office to not be spiteful and stick Wanda in limbo rather than let even the X-Books handle it (for better or worse) but she’s apparently the symbol of the Avengers having to break with tradition and *gasp* change in order to become relevant that the old guard want to undo now that they’ve returned to B-list status
    on the flip side wanda's the symbol of the x-men's downfall and degradation, even HoxPox calls it "the lost decade".
    Also the inorganic push that made the avengers the uncontested dominant force, with her attachement to said team preventing any acountability over her actions, wich created much of the bitterness that exists today.

Its way easier to return from that avengers pov, than the x-mens
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-11-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Just say plot device, the world isn't even about her or fit her character in terms of "what is Wanda Maximoff's ideal world?"
    She chose to do those shit as much as Bendis chose to do his goddamn research.
    Really spinning the narrative and make HoM look better than it actually is and cheering its undeserved success is one of the reasons why Wanda fans feel she is just way better off without this "family".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    And blatant disrespect to previous writers' works, people demand "comic accuracy" for HoM while HoM is a butcher of continuity and therefore an enemy of "comic accuracy".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

At least most Pym fans and other Marvel fans recognize Pym's violence as a bad thing.
    Also Hickman kinda just proves the X-side is as spiteful, I really doubt somehow X-franchise/X-fans would actually welcome her with open arms.(Without shitting on her character's history and significance in Avengers.)