Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    As said before, there are plenty of ways to change and shift things, and Marvel has a vested interest in not undoing the Axis retcon too soon as doing so would quietly admit the real reason behind it.
    The comics make no money. The real money is in those films that bring billions in, and now also in the Disney plus streaming service. Feige has been giving complete creative control of Marvel, so the decision to either keep the retcon or undo it is ENTIRELY is and it will depend on his vision for mutants in the MCU.

All we can do is wait and see.

Comic book editors are low men on the totem pole at Disney.

i think retcon her will be worst, that would give them the right to just kill her off or put her with Sabertooth like others suggested lol (i still wonder why aren't mutants hunting her, like there should be random mutants wanting her dead after M-Day, the ones that recovered their powers)

i'm still want to see the Avengers and Wanda's point of view about this, as for now we know Hulking doesn't like how they're treating her as "Enemy of the state" maybe because of Wiccan but still, Wiccan would probably defend her ghost mother like in children's crusade

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i think retcon her will be worst, that would give them the right to just kill her off or put her with Sabertooth like others suggested lol (i still wonder why aren't mutants hunting her, like there should be random mutants wanting her dead after M-Day, the ones that recovered their powers)

i'm still want to see the Avengers and Wanda's point of view about this, as for now we know Hulking doesn't like how they're treating her as "Enemy of the state" maybe because of Wiccan but still, Wiccan would probably defend her ghost mother like in children's crusade
    Nothing krakoa ever does to wanda will ever amount to to 3 % of what she did, getting called a mean name is the least of what she deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Nothing krakoa ever does to wanda will ever amount to to 3 % of what she did, getting called a mean name is the least of what she deserves
    What she did has basically been undone. You can't convince me people really care about the mutants that were created only for that story for emotional affect. Nothing in comics matters that much because if it's important enough, it gets undone. Deaths don't matter at all.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What she did has basically been undone. You can't convince me people really care about the mutants that were created only for that story for emotional affect. Nothing in comics matters that much because if it's important enough, it gets undone. Deaths don't matter at all.
    the trauma and all the horrible shit she did doesnt suddenly go away, especially when she has been a detriment not a supporter of their healing process.

Just bcause they surived and got to heal doesn't mean they won't stop hating her, she's the reason for so much pain and suffering, she deserves this and much more from the x-men titles.

the trauma and all the horrible shit she did doesnt suddenly go away, especially when she has been a detriment not a supporter of their healing process.

Just bcause they surived and got to heal doesn't mean they won't stop hating her, she's the reason for so much pain and suffering, she deserves this and much more from the x-men titles.
    She and Hope reignited the mutant race, she should be celebrated as a queen, she is their superior after all
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

And more toxic. Easy pass.
    Movies can be quite different from comics.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    She and Hope reignited the mutant race, she should be celebrated as a queen, she is their superior after all
    Superior in time spent witout a comic apearence or being in a team book as a regular?
    Because when even eyeboy gets more consistent content/speaking panels than wanda in a year, its dire!

Superior in time spent witout a comic apearence or being in a team book as a regular?
    Because when even eyeboy gets more consistent content/speaking panels than wanda in a year, its dire!
    Yes keep your eyeboy comic, I’m happy to enjoy my Scarlet Witch on the screen
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The comics make no money. The real money is in those films that bring billions in, and now also in the Disney plus streaming service. Feige has been giving complete creative control of Marvel, so the decision to either keep the retcon or undo it is ENTIRELY is and it will depend on his vision for mutants in the MCU.

All we can do is wait and see.

Comic book editors are low men on the totem pole at Disney.
    There are two things I can say about this.

First, Perlmutter and people working on the comics can be more concerned with their own reputations on this with or without higher-ups in Disney caring, and that can be motivation for them to act in such a way.

Second, companies actually do care about the impact of these things on their image. It doesn't matter if the comics make no money, or if editors are low on the totem pole. Companies don't like admitting to things that can make them look bad.

Ironically, the comics want to use this and Genosha as major moments in mutant history that really add to the mythos, but they don't want to acknowledge Lorna going through both of them despite her huge stake in both. Genosha for reasons I've said many times, Decimation because she was thought to be Wanda's sister at the time and it came on the heels of her trauma from Genosha.

So there's two competing attitudes on this. One is that such moments can't and shouldn't be ignored, because "undoing" them doesn't change the fact they happened and what was experienced and lost as a result.

The other, that Marvel already doesn't give a damn about the trauma Lorna and other characters experienced and what that's supposed to mean for them and the mythos as a whole. Given those experiences don't mean anything to Marvel, despite how those experiences form the essential foundation for such events having any weight, why not just stop wasting time on pretending they matter and purge them from the mythos completely? No reason to call Wanda "The Pretender" or say Decimation ever even happened, if characters hurt the most by such events are never acknowledged for having gone through it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Yes keep your eyeboy comic, I’m happy to enjoy my Scarlet Witch on the screen
    A great show! I loved how they translated the main wanda characteristic:
    that she is never acountable, never to blame, never responsible, never has any shred of compassion or introspection and WILL continue to harm others if it makes her happy.

A great show! I loved how they translated the main wanda characteristic:
    that she is never acountable, never to blame, never responsible, never has any shred of compassion or introspection and WILL continue to harm others if it makes her happy.
    You know this isn't true even in the show. It was their way of portraying mental fog that's associated with depression. They didn't handle it well because they made it seem like depression makes people selfish. But Wanda did say she was sorry. And there's nothing actually to indicate in the show that she meant for any of it to happen. And unlike comics, you can't fool people with a loose take cherry picked for hatred. Because millions have seen that show and sympathize with Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    There are two things I can say about this.

First, Perlmutter and people working on the comics can be more concerned with their own reputations on this with or without higher-ups in Disney caring, and that can be motivation for them to act in such a way.

Second, companies actually do care about the impact of these things on their image. It doesn't matter if the comics make no money, or if editors are low on the totem pole. Companies don't like admitting to things that can make them look bad.

Ironically, the comics want to use this and Genosha as major moments in mutant history that really add to the mythos, but they don't want to acknowledge Lorna going through both of them despite her huge stake in both. Genosha for reasons I've said many times, Decimation because she was thought to be Wanda's sister at the time and it came on the heels of her trauma from Genosha.

So there's two competing attitudes on this. One is that such moments can't and shouldn't be ignored, because "undoing" them doesn't change the fact they happened and what was experienced and lost as a result.

The other, that Marvel already doesn't give a damn about the trauma Lorna and other characters experienced and what that's supposed to mean for them and the mythos as a whole. Given those experiences don't mean anything to Marvel, despite how those experiences form the essential foundation for such events having any weight, why not just stop wasting time on pretending they matter and purge them from the mythos completely? No reason to call Wanda "The Pretender" or say Decimation ever even happened, if characters hurt the most by such events are never acknowledged for having gone through it.
    Marvel has never handled trauma, mental illness or tragedy well. It's always flippant and for the moment. These are events for them to make big bucks on. They've made it clear that making people mad is good news for them. It sells. Not telling well rounded stories.

They don't need to stop hating her. But Marvel needs to stop milking hatred for dollars over a story that treated a female Romani character in such a putrid way. Having her even commit genocide is gross, but only using her powers and not really even allowing her to be a character is beyond. They are proud of it on top of that.

BANNED

You know this isn't true even in the show. It was their way of portraying mental fog that's associated with depression. They didn't handle it well because they made it seem like depression makes people selfish. But Wanda did say she was sorry. And there's nothing actually to indicate in the show that she meant for any of it to happen. And unlike comics, you can't fool people with a loose take cherry picked for hatred. Because millions have seen that show and sympathize with Wanda.
    a lot of people sympathize with villains, doesn't mean she wasn't mentallly torturing an entire town into considering death a better alternative.