Page 29 of 97 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's all in good fun. Most things said here were jokes. I mean, what else is there to do? Some of the members of this appreciation thread aren't in comics right now and haven't been for months. We are going stir crazy.
    i mean lorna and erik aren’t and they are the true house of m

I'd add Wanda and Pietro on the true House of M count, especially given the entire House of M concept included them when it was established. But I think someone could argue Lorna and Magneto are at its core since Lorna was meant to be his daughter before it was retconned, and it happened prior to Wanda and Pietro. I, personally, would say the core is all four. I'm just noting an argument that could be made.

But yeah, Lorna hasn't been in the comics lately either aside from Deadpool last year.
    Last edited by salarta; 03-22-2021 at 05:53 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Even after the Axis retcon, Marvel still had Wanda, Pietro, Billy, and Tommy Secret Empire: House of M, instead of just Max and Lorna. They can’t even stop making allusions to their family connection in both franchises. Like it or not, they are considered part of the House of M, and therefore their fans are welcome to be here when discussing the family.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 03-22-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i mean lorna and erik aren’t and they are the true house of m
    They are the House of Magnus for sure, but not the only characters celebrated in this thread.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    But yeah, Lorna hasn't been in the comics lately either aside from Deadpool last year.
    And that's a damn shame!

I'd add Wanda and Pietro on the true House of M count, especially given the entire House of M concept included them when it was established. But I think someone could argue Lorna and Magneto are at its core since Lorna was meant to be his daughter before it was retconned, and it happened prior to Wanda and Pietro. I, personally, would say the core is all four. I'm just noting an argument that could be made.

When was he meant to be his daughter before the retcon? Was another writer planning on doing it before Austen bc she went decades where I dont even recall them hinting at it

Astonishing Member

Are you ok? Cause what does the first bit mean she was meant to be his daughter then they retconned him to be her father. Also not been in comics lately isn't she part of X-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When was he meant to be his daughter before the retcon? Was another writer planning on doing it before Austen bc she went decades where I dont even recall them hinting at it
    Her initial storyline in X-Men #49-50 established her as Magneto's daughter. I know many people include the part of "it turned out Lorna wasn't his daughter after all cause Iceman did some research and then this Magneto was a robot" because it came so soon after. But I see that part as the retcon. Those first couple issues served as a great foundation with a lot of narrative promise. It makes no sense to me that they'd build her up and invest her character in that concept so deeply to then all of a sudden go "lol sike" at the last minute and offer nothing to take its place. So to me, Austen was simply undoing that retcon decades later.

Aside from that, I remember reading from others that it looked like Claremont might've been considering undoing the retcon too. I'm not sure I really believe that with how badly he treated her, but it's something that's been said.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Are you ok? Cause what does the first bit mean she was meant to be his daughter then they retconned him to be her father. Also not been in comics lately isn't she part of X-factor.
    First bit's talked about above. Second part is me saying she's been treated so OOC on X-Factor that it's not even her. Whoever that character is, it isn't Lorna. Maybe I'll be able to say differently after the latest issue. Latest issue's depictions that I've seen actually fit. We'll just have to see what happens with future issues.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

Not that I am not a separatist before, but X-office keeps proving my sentiments right with their new book release.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I would not worry about Way of X for Wanda, itīs going to be there to make a critical observation over Krakoaīs need for a new Value Scale and a new way of living in a country when death is something you can just get over quickly, in theory at least, because we are not sure still they are the same people and a crucible as a ceremonial path to become part of the community. Itīs about wanting to help a new society no only into the well being economically speaking or into their powers but into their ethical and spiritual well being. Hellions also addressed this, all the characters on that team have mental issues, some worse than others that donīt let them be happy, be at peace or even enjoy the new status quo.

Thereīs a lot of mental issues on Krakoaīs citizens that have not been addressed, for example most of them have PTSD, the younger generation have parties all day and it isnīt even in a fun way but in some cases itīs a way to scape their bad memories of getting killed different times. Percy and Hickman have addressed this but Spurrier is the first writer who seems ready to really delve into this and Nightcrawler is the perfect character for this.

So no this is not going to be a Wanda hate fest, I think it will be the opposite, they are going to question the origin of this hate and discomfort on their population before they really get consequences bigger than their hability to stop, no matter how powerful they have become.

Anyway I am more worried for Erik than Wanda on this tbh , this is going to be a title dedicated to the younger generation and heīs an authority figure, a former villain and part of the goverment and the former father of Wanda tradition could dictate heīs going to be a kind of antagonist on this but not the main villain whoīs going to be a kind of entity thatīs around Krakoa. But well Spurrier could surpside me and write him being worried for all of this effects on the younger generation, it would be a nice call back to that time he and Emma helped the New Mutants get better emotionally and psycologically after their traumatic experiences with the Beyonder
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-22-2021 at 11:06 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

I want her in a proper team book or solo to drown out the noises created by X-office.
    It's one-sided anxiety inducer at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I would not worry about Way of X for Wanda, itīs going to be there to make a critical observation over Krakoaīs need for a new Value Scale and a new way of living in a country when death is something you can just get over quickly, in theory at least, because we are not sure still they are the same people and a crucible as a ceremonial path to become part of the community. Itīs about wanting to help a new society no only into the well being economically speaking or into their powers but into their ethical and spiritual well being. Hellions also addressed this, all the characters on that team have mental issues, some worse than others that donīt let them be happy, be at peace or even enjoy the new status quo.

Thereīs a lot of mental issues on Krakoaīs citizens that have not been addressed, for example most of them have PTSD, the younger generation have parties all day and it isnīt even in a fun way but in some cases itīs a way to scape their bad memories of getting killed different times. Percy and Hickman have addressed this but Spurrier is the first writer who seems ready to really delve into this and Nightcrawler is the perfect character for this.

So no this is not going to be a Wanda hate fest, I think it will be the opposite, they are going to question the origin of this hate and discomfort on their population before they really get consequences bigger than their hability to stop, no matter how powerful they have become.

Anyway I am more worried for Erik than Wanda on this tbh , this is going to be a title dedicated to the younger generation and heīs an authority figure, a former villain and part of the goverment and the former father of Wanda tradition could dictate heīs going to be a kind of antagonist on this but not the main villain whoīs going to be a kind of entity thatīs around Krakoa. But well Spurrier could surpside me and write him being worried for all of this effects on the younger generation, it would be a nice call back to that time he and Emma helped the New Mutants get better emotionally and psycologically after their traumatic experiences with the Beyonder
    People have been telling Wanda fans not to worry for over a decade. It starts to lose it's impact. I hope they finally bury that storyline, but not holding my breath. They really have to prove it this time. Most of us remember when Children's Crusade was gonna be the one that set everything right.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I want her in a proper team book or solo to drown out the noises created by X-office.
    It's one-sided anxiety inducer at this moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    People have been telling Wanda fans not to worry for over a decade. It starts to lose it's impact. I hope they finally bury that storyline, but not holding my breath. They really have to prove it this time. Most of us remember when Children's Crusade was gonna be the one that set everything right.
    I agree I also was quite excited for Childrenīs Crusade at first but it went too long and it became a prequel for the AvX story so I hope they address it in a better way and Spurrier isnīt a mean writer, he mostly respects the background story of the characters he writes and given some art I have seen Charles seems to be the one whoīs going to get the most fire on this story.

I have some hope Darkhold on the Avengers side thatīs going to have her as a main character again. Ewing on SWORD and now Spurrier are going to be the ones to give this story proper closure.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree I also was quite excited for Childrenīs Crusade at first but it went too long and it became a prequel for the AvX story so I hope they address it in a better way and Spurrier isnīt a mean writer, he mostly respects the background story of the characters he writes and given some art I have seen Charles seems to be the one whoīs going to get the most fire on this story.

I have some hope Darkhold on the Avengers side thatīs going to have her as a main character again. Ewing on SWORD and now Spurrier are going to be the ones to give this story proper closure.
    Oh yeah, I definitely remember the extreme delays on that run. Only 9 issues, took two years for some reason.

Yes, three months for each issue was not good at all to tell the story it also keep Wanda out of most of the major crossovers of the time which didnīt help her to get back on into the main marvel universe, yes the art was great and it was nice to keep such quality but the time definitely affected the story. It would have been better if they did a issue each week to quickly reintegrate Wanda on the main MU and give other writers their chance to reintroduce her character to new readers, something like Avengers No Surrender would kind of event could have been good for her.

The story tried to do too many things at once and I get Heinberg wanted to close off his Young Avengers Saga but this needed to be Wandaīs story to close up decimation, anything else could have wait for another event imo.