Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I agree, I would pay a pretty penny to be a spider on the wall during the debates the writers and editors in both offices have on how they view and choose to depict the Maximoffs. But since we can’t, I can only follow interviews and speculate like everyone else. In the meanwhile, people can make it respectfully known to Marvel that we wish to see more of the Maximoffs and hope they find a receptive audience, or that an eventual changing of the guard will take place and allow the twins to see the light of day.
    The things we could learn if we were a fly in a room...

I agree with respectfully telling Marvel what we desire through social media or buying certain books, but I would also want to add that I would also want to request politely that they get rid of the retcon as well. So for any random X-Men writer or editor who finds themselves looking over the CBR forums, I politely request you get rid of the Uncanny Avengers retcon and make the Maximoff twins mutants again. Please... I'll give you money.

Further speculating, it's possible the lack of the Mximoff Twins in the last few years could be because Marvel isn't sure what to do with them. Maybe their's internal arguments of where the characters best belong in. Thanks to that dumb, dumb retcon, they essentially cut off all their connection to the Mutant world. But now that the X-Men belong to Disney, it's possible that some editors and writers want to use them for some of the X-Men books. It's possible some writers/editors think they should be involved with mutants, while others may want to keep the status quo for... whatever reasons. While Wanda has remained almost always been exclusively an Avenger member, Pietro has been equal measures an Avengers and an X-Men, having a long period within X-Factor. Pietro has some rights to be a part of the X-Men, so why isn't he? The retcon just doesn't make them mutants anymore, it didn't take away their history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    The things we could learn if we were a fly in a room...

I agree with respectfully telling Marvel what we desire through social media or buying certain books, but I would also want to add that I would also want to request politely that they get rid of the retcon as well. So for any random X-Men writer or editor who finds themselves looking over the CBR forums, I politely request you get rid of the Uncanny Avengers retcon and make the Maximoff twins mutants again. Please... I'll give you money.

Further speculating, it's possible the lack of the Mximoff Twins in the last few years could be because Marvel isn't sure what to do with them. Maybe their's internal arguments of where the characters best belong in. Thanks to that dumb, dumb retcon, they essentially cut off all their connection to the Mutant world. But now that the X-Men belong to Disney, it's possible that some editors and writers want to use them for some of the X-Men books. It's possible some writers/editors think they should be involved with mutants, while others may want to keep the status quo for... whatever reasons. While Wanda has remained almost always been exclusively an Avenger member, Pietro has been equal measures an Avengers and an X-Men, having a long period within X-Factor. Pietro has some rights to be a part of the X-Men, so why isn't he? The retcon just doesn't make them mutants anymore, it didn't take away their history.
    The X-Men don’t take in non mutants. Look at what happened with Franklin Richards, who turned out not to be a mutant and was kicked out.

The only way Quicksilver is rejoining is if they retcon the retcon.

The next big development in the MCU for Wanda is the multiverse of madness. Perhaps that will deal with her family and establish her as a mutant. Unless Feige them as mutants in the MCU we will never see them as mutants again in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    While it’s true that WandaVision is the reason why it sold out, not all books with Wanda have sold out. Of the ones listed in the article, all but one of them focus on her familial relationship. Even then, her solo still covered family relations and how it affected her. This isn’t to say that Wanda wouldn’t be popular without House of M or Magneto like so many ill-informed people will insist, but that the books that people are buying are family related for the most part.
    Which is unfortunate because most people who only read HOM has a very limited and narrow perception of Wanda.
    Really I would want less of them to be in the fandom.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

¡¡Happy Father´s Day to the Dads of the Magnus Family!!

12 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-20-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-20-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Happy Father’s Day to Magnus, Pietro and all Dad’s

Nice Father’s Day scenes Lucy. Good idea. Some powerful scenes from Avengers #503, HoM #1 and New X-Men #132.

Thank you jmc247 your images are great as well all those moments were really touching and life changing for the family I really some day to see a crossover with all of them together.

Art by redhoodie1723
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-20-2021 at 11:12 AM.

There are a number of memorable scenes in AU comics too. I also think it’s a good day to find some of the best old fan art of at least Mags and his kids as well.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-22-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Those are certainly life changing scenes in the 616.

There are a number of memorable scenes in AU comics too. I also think it’s a good day to find some of the best old fan art of at least Mags and his kids as well.
    Agreed Jmc247

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-20-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247
    Thanks Jmc247 new

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247

Thanks Jmc247

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Thank you jmc247 your images are great as well all those moments were really touching and life changing for the family Ireally some day to see a crossover with all of them together.
    They were really touching, perhaps some day.

You know, since this is a new thread from last year, I think I'll go ahead and repost some old commissions.

This was from BoxOfWant, for a Halloween one year.

This one came from MikazukiShigure. I commissioned it because Lorna was excluded from family dynamics in Avengers vs X-Men, and the idea was what we could've seen as far as a fight.

Commissioned this one from erik ojo/bikenesmith. Not exactly a family thing per se, but it does have Wanda as Lorna's maid of honor (and of course sister) in the concept.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

This one's from soap-committee/soaps. It's from 2014. At the time, Lorna and Wanda were finally set to interact as sisters in All-New X-Factor #14. But Marvel wasn't promoting it. And on top of that, they withheld her cover for that issue until the Friday before release. So I commissioned this piece as a bit of fandom promotion for the issue since Marvel wasn't doing promotion like they should have.

And finally, a panel cut from one page of the Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic I commissioned from Mlad.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)