Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’ve had a running theory that the revelation of her and Pietro not being Magneto’s children could actually be very easily be revealed to have been a lie. The initial thing that had kicked off the whole thing had been Wanda had cast a spell to strike down her family back when she was inverted in AXIS and Magneto wasn’t affected. Well given that magic isn’t absolute science and is at least partially about feeling and emotion, what if Magneto hadn’t been affected because Wanda in that time didn’t wish to think of him as her family? After all, inversion aside, just prior to Red Onslaught, Wanda had had an emotional break with him that his rage would always win out over his love for her when he killed Red Skull’s U-Men and crushed his head. Plus when they went to Counter-Earth, Vision found something out about Wanda that he kept from her due to him feeling the information would hurt her in that moment. That revelation was never revealed to the reader. Perhaps with this reconciliation (he even notes her having similar eyes to Anya), things would ring differently. Hell for absolute proof, they could even compare their DNA. Has anyone ever done that?
    Did you read my mind or did you read my mind?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

I there might be a reconciling of events, but I doubt they’d fully retcon the events of Wanda’s solo

Magneto is pushing the sliding timescale as it is, for the Twins to have spent nearly as long as Cap on ice due to Magda’s placement doesn’t help it

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I there might be a reconciling of events, but I doubt they’d fully retcon the events of Wanda’s solo

Magneto is pushing the sliding timescale as it is, for the Twins to have spent nearly as long as Cap on ice due to Magda’s placement doesn’t help it
    Wanda’s solo ended up being largely inconsequential anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Anything that gives Wanda something else other than being Mags' little baby girl is inconsequential I guess. But I personally liked the magic detective stuff and would prefer it being explored more over this trite.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Anything that gives Wanda something else other than being Mags' little baby girl is inconsequential I guess. But I personally liked the magic detective stuff and would prefer it being explored more over this trite.
    Sure, have her be both, like Magik. Magik is both a mutant and magician and has worked for her character. They literally can do the same thing with Wanda if they really want to keep her backstory with her history of witches and whatnot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    So is Magneto being her dad, but Wanda fans tolerated it for a long time before AD/HoM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    Sure, have her be both, like Magik. Magik is both a mutant and magician and has worked for her character. They literally can do the same thing with Wanda if they really want to keep her backstory with her history of witches and whatnot.
    Magik is tied with X-Men and mystical Marvel.
    While Wanda is tied with Avengers and mystical Marvel.
    I am talking about franchise catergories here, her involvement in X-franchise/mutant affairs should come after those two.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

She can be like Magik and have her mutant side, her magical side, her Avengers side, her detective side and her Dr Strange academy side, she doesn´t need to be reduced to just one aspect and all those are an active part of her story.

Magik is not less a mutant or an X-man for being part of Savage Avengers and Dr Strange´s magical academy, it´s the same case with Wanda, sure there´s always a more significant part of the character story, Wanda always has been more an Avenger character than a mutant but those other aspects add to the characterization imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-24-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8

X-MEN #3
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON
    TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    EVOLUTION IS THE ENEMY!
    The X-Men are no strangers to being targeted for their genes…but when the High Evolutionary returns with his brand of unnatural selection, the survival of the whole planet is at stake!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

The High Evolutionary told the Maximoffs that they were not mutants. Will this story reveal that what he said was a lie?

It´s a possibility but so far appart from Lorna, no other member of the family will make an appareance on X-men #3 but I could see Evolutionary making a reference to this.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    Magik is different because they do more with the mutant side, since she's in the x-books. Wanda is a mere mention as a mutant. And it does nothing for her. It's not even her stronger power. She doesn't need it. And we don't need another parental retcon. She still was a part of the Brotherhood. She still has the same history. And still will have been raised by the Maximoffs. Who are her real family. It's of no use.

Then if they change it again it won´t have major consequences for her so it doesn´t matter if marvel changes it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Then if they change it again it won´t have major consequences for her so it doesn´t matter if marvel changes it or not.
    It matters in the way that they keep retconning her and it's not needed. Retcons should have only happened if they planned on doing something with it. And they never really do. The wheel of father should have never started. And definitely should not continue.

It also matters in a way that she already has a family. The same family she had that raised her in all her retcons. Them being ignored for this is garbage.

Marvel can keep doing stories about the maximoffs, they are referenced everytime Wanda and Pietro talk about their childhood and even on her Wandavision serie they also had versions of them so imo, there´s nothing so far getting in the way of marvel tackling them when they need to and her having any kind of link to the mutant side doesn´t make any difference so there´s no problem. SWORD and Trial of Magneto are X-side stories and Wanda will have her story told on Darkhold so those stories can coexist without one getting in the way of the other.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-24-2021 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Marvel can keep doing stories about the maximoffs, they are referenced everytime Wanda and Pietro talk about their childhood and even on her Wandavision serie they also had versions of them so imo, there´s nothing so far getting in the way of marvel tackling them when they need to and her having any kind of link to the mutant side doesn´t make any difference so there´s no problem. SWORD and Trial of Magneto are X-side stories and Wanda will have her story told on Darkhold so those stories can coexist without one getting in the way of the other.
    The thing is they never did. Which is why there was 30 years of nothing done with the relationship to Mags. Other than the occasional appearance. They don't coexist. There are people celebrating him as a father figure. When he wasn't that. He didn't even become her father until she was an adult. It just consists of so much fanon.