Page 44 of 97 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Also, Magneto did raise Wanda unlike Lorna. He didn't do it well, but he did.
    You mean recruiting her into a terrorist organization?
    By that logic various cults/shady orgs across world are the biggest child warefare establishment.

Extraordinary Member

Raising her from when she was 13-18 or whatever counts as raising her.
    They wandered for some time before joining the Brotherhood.
    And wow, I don't know a dozne issues of X-Men comics covered literally 5 years within the universe, like wow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    He had a good loving relationship with Wanda in the "Age of Apocalypse" timeline as well.
    Yes, the AoA Wanda is a pefectly meek and sad little puppy, and of course died to further the Sadneto arc.
    AoA Wanda to me is just warning about how Wanda will end up if Magnus family narrative hijacks her MU version.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    He did not raise her. It was a few years before she'd be of legal age roughly and he just treated her as another member of the Brotherhood and abused and manipulated her and Pietro. He was not a father figure during any of it. Where does this fanon come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They wandered for some time before joining the Brotherhood.
    And wow, I don't know a dozne issues of X-Men comics covered literally 5 years within the universe, like wow.
    He was later shown to have recruited them some time before X-Men 1, perhaps even a year or two before as per X-Men -1. Keep in mind, that's when Charles and Amelia are happy together, not when she's at the end of her rope and he's about to recruit Scott (a time period which is now very well defined). Assuming the O5 are the same age as Wanda and Pietro, that means mid teens. Let's say they're the same age as Spider-Man, that puts Magneto as taking Wanda in at 13 or 14. He didn't just command her for a few months. She spent years with him. And Marvel Time doesn't kick in till Franklin Richards was born, so those dozen or show bi-monthly (I think) issues do represent two years or more. I've given you sources, so now... where does your fanon come from?
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 06-24-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Didn’t he try pimp Wanda out to Namor?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The things you do for your kids.

Extraordinary Member

He was later shown to have recruited them some time before X-Men 1, perhaps even a year or two before as per X-Men -1. Keep in mind, that's when Charles and Amelia are happy together, not when she's at the end of her rope and he's about to recruit Scott (a time period which is now very well defined). Assuming the O5 are the same age as Wanda and Pietro, that means mid teens. Let's say they're the same age as Spider-Man, that puts Magneto as taking Wanda in at 13 or 14. He didn't just command her for a few months. She spent years with him. And Marvel Time doesn't kick in till Franklin Richards was born, so those dozen or show bi-monthly (I think) issues do represent two years or more. I've given you sources, so now... where does your fanon come from?
    You gave speculations, which point to the time and age they join. And I would argue O5 X-Men are a little older than Spidey, like 15-16.
    And where did you get the idea of when do they leave? If they joined at 15-16 and leave between 17-18, that's two years at best.

And the point still stands, he recruited her into a freaking terrorist organization with creepy dudes who were eager to sexually harrass her, so really, Brotherhood is as much Magneto's proof of a parent as Cults are Child/Teen welfare.

Incredible Member

Yeah, he's a shitty person. Less now than then, but yeah.

You gave speculations, which point to the time and age they join. And I would argue O5 X-Men are a little older than Spidey, like 15-16.
    And where did you get the idea of when do they leave? If they joined at 15-16 and leave between 17-18, that's two years at best.
    Which is still more than you gave. End of the day, even if it's two years, he still raised her for those two years and was the only parental figure she had - even if he was the worst one imaginable. You just mad cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be.

Extraordinary Member

Which is still more than you gave. End of the day, even if it's two years, he still raised her for those two years and was the only parental figure she had - even if he was the worst one imaginable. You just mad cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be.
    Very convenient of you to ignore the Maximoffs. Unless you mean just those two years(hypothetically.)
    You mean like a literal terrorist leader?

Wow, just wow. Way to spin a shitty former employer as some kind of parent figure. I am more mad about your twisted understanding of parenthood than anything else, like seriously.

It'd be the opposite direction with the sliding timescale. Because they were in their early 20s when they became Avengers. They spent nine issues with the Brotherhood. That time is ever shorter with the time squish. My "fanon" comes from actually reading the issues. Not making up some dumb crap like he was some father figure. When you could never produce a single panel of said actions. Don't try to gaslight just because you have a fantasy about a family dynamic that never existed.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Very convenient of you to ignore the Maximoffs. Unless you mean just those two years(hypothetically.)
    You mean like a literal terrorist leader?

Wow, just wow. Way to spin a shitty former employer as some kind of parent figure. I am more mad about your twisted understanding of parenthood than anything else, like seriously.
    They've resorted to just making up crap now. It's crazy.

Produce one panel of proof of this.

You mean recruiting her into a terrorist organization?
    By that logic various cults/shady orgs across world are the biggest child warefare establishment.
    It's so unhinged lol.

Astonishing Member

It should be pointed out that before quasi-incestuos pseudo-sociopath became Pietro’s default setting; he was pretty clear that while he craved Erik’s approval at time; he considered Django his father (and to a lesser extent, Steve)

It should be pointed out that before quasi-incestuos pseudo-sociopath became Pietro’s default setting; he was pretty clear that while he craved Erik’s approval at time; he considered Django his father (and to a lesser extent, Steve)
    He didn't consider Steve a father but a good friend, and mentor. They hung out for a couple small stories.

Quasi-incestuous was Ultimates Pietro. Different universe. And the psuedo-sociopath stuff was only under the pen of Englehart. After PAD Pietro became better.

But there was a time he sought Mags' approval. That was long after the Brotherhood years, and after Mags' was retconned as his father. Pietro was originally the one that wanted to leave the Brotherhood.